Oct 08 2013
By: KZMProductionsGT Fender Bender 3825 posts

Are you content with your time period?

25 replies 200 views Edited Oct 8, 2013

Do you feel in tune with your current generation? Or wished you were born a bit further in the future? A common one is some people would have been better fit in the past because of the way they are.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 1 of 26 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Are you content with your time period?

Oct 8, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Do you feel in tune with your current generation? Or wished you were born a bit further in the future? A common one is some people would have been better fit in the past because of the way they are.

My parents thought that I should have been born in the 50's, but, soon, I latched onto different aspects of culture, and it appeared that I was just fine.

I'd postulate that I'd have been slightly better off being born about five years later than I was, but, I'm pretty happy with where things are now.  I mean, using gaming as the example, I honestly feel that the PS4/Sony ecosystem represents what i always thought gaming should be, so, if anything, i just want to have as much time as possible in today's culture. 

I guess I need to drink less and eat even more kale. Smiley Tongue

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 26 (194 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Oct 8, 2013

born too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore the Universe.

life is pointless.

Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 26 (186 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I would have loved to have been born in the 1800's --but happy with where I was put. I adapt to new technology well, and it's a good time to be alive. 

Industrial Revolution would have been a cool time too though.

Message 4 of 26 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I would have loved to have been born in the 1800's --but happy with where I was put. I adapt to new technology well, and it's a good time to be alive. 

Industrial Revolution would have been a cool time too though.

Cotton Gin FTW.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 5 of 26 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Oct 8, 2013

My english teacher would have fitted better in mid to late 18th century. The way she dressed, spoke, and her lifestyle, was just not in tune with 21st century lol. She was a wonderful woman.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 6 of 26 (167 Views)
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Oct 8, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

born too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore the Universe.

life is pointless.

Smiley Tongue

This is kind of in line with what I think.  Would have been nice to explore the world and discover new continents, countries, people/civilizations, creatures (we still seem to be discovering some on land and in the sea) and see things before man entirely took over.  And yeah, I love sci-fi stuff so I'd love to be in an era/period where we're not bound to just a single planet and can see new solar systems, new planets, new species and get to learn about their cultures, see where science/technology goes, etc.. 

Message 7 of 26 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2125 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Kinda. At least music was universally better when I was growing up. But if I was to have been born earlier, I'd fear getting injuries treated, as healthcare wasn't as advanced as it is now back then.

Message 8 of 26 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I rather be living way in the future.

I've always been interested in futuristic styles, or even music that is more fantasy/futuristic like. Plus, I've always seen myself as like living on another planet,  wearing these funky futuristic space suits, and fighting some unknown life force of aliens.

Message 9 of 26 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I'd like to live in caveman times.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 10 of 26 (116 Views)
0 Likes