Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Re: Are you? [ Life ]

Oct 16, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

You do not "break" the laws of physics. This is not some speed limit that you can just break whenever you wish.

This is a law that must be followed. 

Next you will tell me we can create and destroy matter.

I meant to say traveling faster than speed of light, it may be possible.

We do not have the resources possible. Our best energy creator would be nuclear fusion. A fusion missile will not send you to another galaxy. And not faster than the speed of light. And again, we had weird fuel sources we did not understand. Now we have all these rocks and know what is combustable and mixable. Diamonds are not all of a sudden going to make a rainbow blaster that sends you across the universe. We have limited resources and limited types of resources.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 71 of 94 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 16, 2013

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

You do not "break" the laws of physics. This is not some speed limit that you can just break whenever you wish.

We can sort of "destroy and create" matter. We can convert energy into matter and matter into energy but this is extremely difficult to do and requires a lot of energy for an increase in matter to be slightly noticeable; E=mc^2. From my understanding, they are both the same thing though and they are simply different forms of each other. To create and destroy matter would mean there would be an increase or decrease in energy which we know cannot happen because of the conservation of evergy.

I'm not dismissing what you wrote btw.

I meant to actually DESTROY matter. You simply converted it into another form. I meant in the context of erasing it from existence.

Message 72 of 94 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Oct 16, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

We can sort of "destroy and create" matter. We can convert energy into matter and matter into energy but this is extremely difficult to do and requires a lot of energy for an increase in matter to be slightly noticeable; E=mc^2. From my understanding, they are both the same thing though and they are simply different forms of each other. To create and destroy matter would mean there would be an increase or decrease in energy which we know cannot happen because of the conservation of evergy.

I meant to actually DESTROY matter. You simply converted it into another form. I meant in the context of erasing it from existence.

That's what I meant as well. I didn't word my sentence properly. I'll try to fix. Smiley Very Happy

Message 73 of 94 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 16, 2013

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

That's what I meant as well. I didn't word my sentence properly. I'll try to fix. Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Do not worry me there! I think that rule is taught in middle school!  

Message 74 of 94 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Oct 16, 2013

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Sorry if I tell you that I'm already quite updated with everything you're all saying, it's still going to be couple of billions of years before we even have to move from this solar system, I also don't dismiss the possibilities of humanity conquering time and space itself and they are not expecting the Universe to burn up if that's what you meant, it's supposedly expanding faster than it should and they're predicting it to become cold thanks to dark matter which is helping galaxies move faster and eventually there will be a point when its light can not reach us, of course if we haven't killed ourselves where ever we are living, I don't buy that hole thing about dark matter though and I don't think it's safe to say that's how the Universe is going to end when we aren't even certain of what dark matter really is, call me stupid but I don't actually buy all that, they could be wrong about how fast galaxies are moving in my opinion.

And don't be pessimist, If you go back in time, there are many things we can do now people would've thought to be impossible and I'm only talking about a few hundreds years from now but of course we may be limited though.

Zorrillo90 wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote: Some of the things you say, Zorrillo.

Do you mean you agree with some of my points? BTW when I said conquering time and space I mean traveling through space in different ways, like breaking the law of physics, not traveling to the past like in back to the future.

wordscantdescribe.gif

millions of years for the sun to die its not like I can't mistype something.

I wasn't judging your spelling or grammar.

That was my reaction to the content of what you wrote. It doesn't make sense.

Well let's say manipulate space time. most of it is based on what scientist says maybe poorly translated and if I don't believe in everything they say doesn't mean I'm crazy even if I'm wrong idk my opinion.

Message 75 of 94 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Oct 16, 2013

When I clicked on this thread I thought I was in hannah's time thread. What is wrong with you people?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 76 of 94 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Oct 16, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Do not worry me there! I think that rule is taught in middle school!  

I fixed it. I think. Smiley Tongue

Message 77 of 94 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Sorry if I tell you that I'm already quite updated with everything you're all saying, it's still going to be couple of billions of years before we even have to move from this solar system, I also don't dismiss the possibilities of humanity conquering time and space itself and they are not expecting the Universe to burn up if that's what you meant, it's supposedly expanding faster than it should and they're predicting it to become cold thanks to dark matter which is helping galaxies move faster and eventually there will be a point when its light can not reach us, of course if we haven't killed ourselves where ever we are living, I don't buy that hole thing about dark matter though and I don't think it's safe to say that's how the Universe is going to end when we aren't even certain of what dark matter really is, call me stupid but I don't actually buy all that, they could be wrong about how fast galaxies are moving in my opinion.

And don't be pessimist, If you go back in time, there are many things we can do now people would've thought to be impossible and I'm only talking about a few hundreds years from now but of course we may be limited though.

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Do you mean you agree with some of my points? BTW when I said conquering time and space I mean traveling through space in different ways, like breaking the law of physics, not traveling to the past like in back to the future.

wordscantdescribe.gif

Well let's say manipulate space time. most of it is based on what scientist says maybe poorly translated and if I don't believe in everything they say doesn't mean I'm crazy even if I'm wrong idk my opinion.

I understood everything you wrote btw. Smiley Happy

I understand where you're coming from but to do this would be impossible or very, very, very, very, very, very, very difficult. Do I think it would be super cool to be able to travel to other parts of the universe far away within minutes? Heck yeah! But, I cannot see this happening.

Message 78 of 94 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Oct 16, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

userusb wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Oh, that's what you meant. . .was just gonna ask you.

Message 79 of 94 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2013

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

wordscantdescribe.gif

I understood everything you btw. Smiley Happy

I understand where you're coming from but to do this would be impossible or very, very, very, very, very, very, very difficult. Do I think it would be super cool to be able to travel to other parts of the universe far away within minutes? Heck yeah! But, I cannot see this happening.

yeah that's why I clearly said you would think it's magic as of now just like people 2013 years, 10 months and 15 days ago would kill if you tell them the planet is not flat.

Message 80 of 94 (45 Views)
0 Likes