Feb 19 2014
By: RESSURECTED_ZEAL First Son 10 posts

Are there any people who knows how to make manga?

22 replies 141 views Edited Feb 19, 2014

Hello everyone! 

I'm  trying to know what is needed for a manga to be made.

I'm also here to make friends as well. ^_^

Message 1 of 23 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1474 posts

Re: Are there any people who knows how to make manga?

Feb 19, 2014
I really don't have any particular knowledge to help, but I'm interested in what you find out.

If you were to twist my arms and say "tell me what you think anyway" I'd say to create one you need art and a storyline. I find storylines really separate manga for me. There can be certain forgivances (plot-Ki) but the way a good manga ties all (even the seemingly unimportant) details and scenes together throughout the series can make or break it. Consider the blond girl's fight stance in Attack on Titan or L and Light's duel of wits in Death Note. There are often constraints for the characters and world to build character development, tension in actions, etc. That's what like about manga, the intertwined stories and speculations. Same reason I like shows like Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead.

Again, no real experience, just my 2¢ bump. What are your plans for it? Publication? Just for yourself and some friends?
Message 2 of 23 (131 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2014

Step 1: Put tails on all your characters, make their gender indicernable, and equip them with non-sensical swords

Step 2: put your pages in reverse order

Step 3: -CENSORED-

Step 4: Profit.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 23 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2014

Na13-31 wrote:
I really don't have any particular knowledge to help, but I'm interested in what you find out.

If you were to twist my arms and say "tell me what you think anyway" I'd say to create one you need art and a storyline. I find storylines really separate manga for me. There can be certain forgivances (plot-Ki) but the way a good manga ties all (even the seemingly unimportant) details and scenes together throughout the series can make or break it. Consider the blond girl's fight stance in Attack on Titan or L and Light's duel of wits in Death Note. There are often constraints for the characters and world to build character development, tension in actions, etc. That's what like about manga, the intertwined stories and speculations. Same reason I like shows like Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead.

Again, no real experience, just my 2¢ bump. What are your plans for it? Publication? Just for yourself and some friends?
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Well I plan for this manga to be on tv. Either though you may not have experience; I appreciate the time you took out just to help out a stranger. ^_^

Message 4 of 23 (108 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2014

In all seriousness, unless you live in Japan, are fluent in the language, and have an "in" in the industry, your chances are slim to none.

*** THE MORE YA KNOW ***

Manga = Written form

Anime = animated cartoon.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 23 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4817 posts

Feb 19, 2014

Welcome to the forums

Here is a place to get started. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Manga

Message 6 of 23 (96 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Feb 19, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

In all seriousness, unless you live in Japan, are fluent in the language, and have an "in" in the industry, your chances are slim to none.

*** THE MORE YA KNOW ***

Manga = Written form

Anime = animated cartoon.

I do understand Setzaroth. I am learning japanese by the way. I know that getting inside the manga industry is no joke. I would have to go through failure in order to reach success. 

Message 7 of 23 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13135 posts

Feb 20, 2014
**bleep** if people can make manga about tennis then they sky is the limit for you, friend
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 8 of 23 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2379 posts

Feb 20, 2014

Hentai?

Busty brunnette
Message 9 of 23 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 20, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
**bleep** if people can make manga about tennis then they sky is the limit for you, friend

Lol  very true. -The Prince of Tennis-  

I didn't think about that.

Message 10 of 23 (73 Views)
0 Likes