Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Re: Are There Any Arcades Left In Your Area?

Nov 22, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:
There are a  few Miniature Golf courses scattered around the Bay Area, which have a small section devoted to arcades.

How about malibu grand prix? I know they got some old games but still some good ones that i play. Century has small ones but the bowling alleys got the really old ones but some good selections.
Message 11 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Nov 22, 2006
I only got one in the mall.
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 12 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5722 posts

Nov 22, 2006

Ashton305 wrote:
i have a gameworks and a boomers a couple miles from my house

love your sig... but yeah we have a boomers over hereSmiley Happy
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 13 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2340 posts

Nov 22, 2006
we have something called "funstation", which has laser tag, go-carts, minigolf, batting cages, and tons of arcades. Unfortunately, they've pretty much packed the place out, and don't have room for much growth. But they have new games in there often.

I think what kills arcards is the price. those games are not worth a dollar a play. They just aren't. no game is. I think they are WAY to expensive.

Message 14 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8027 posts

Nov 22, 2006

aznsniper911 wrote:

The Jolly Roger wrote:
There are a  few Miniature Golf courses scattered around the Bay Area, which have a small section devoted to arcades.

How about malibu grand prix? I know they got some old games but still some good ones that i play. Century has small ones but the bowling alleys got the really old ones but some good selections.

I remember there was a Malibu right by the Oakland Coliseum years ago. It had a HUGE arcade section. Sadly, it got torn down.

There is another cool Mini Golf place called Scandia, it's out passed Vallejo, going towards Marine World.

Message 15 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5722 posts

Nov 22, 2006

aznsniper911 wrote:

The Jolly Roger wrote:

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised we have a malibu grand prixSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised
Message 16 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5835 posts

Nov 22, 2006
There's a move theater like 15 minutes away from my house that has an arcade in it. DDR FTW.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 17 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5722 posts

Nov 22, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

The Jolly Roger wrote:

I remember there was a Malibu right by the Oakland Coliseum years ago. It had a HUGE arcade section. Sadly, it got torn down.

There is another cool Mini Golf place called Scandia, it's out passed Vallejo, going towards Marine World.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised i know what you're talkin aboutSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised
Message 18 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Nov 22, 2006

BaY_Area_Kid wrote:

The Jolly Roger wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

The Jolly Roger wrote:

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised i know what you're talkin aboutSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

There was a malibu in oakland???? I spent all that time going from San Francisco to Redwood city for nothing???
Message 19 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Nov 22, 2006
Nope, they all went out of business.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 20 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes