Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Re: Are LCD tvs good for gaming?

Jan 10, 2007

Reaper101 wrote:
well for DLPs if u look from the side its just a tiny bit darker then usual but on LCDs if u look from the side it changes colors and it sucks

turtle1maniac wrote:

Reaper101 wrote:
i have a 42'' DLP projection its really nice and u can put these settings on it so the pixel response time is perfect

if i were u i would buy a DLP cause there the best TV's except for the Plasma tv's but Plasma Tv's break all the time cause they over heat then the pixels and other stuff get damaged and + DLP's are alot cheaper

Message Edited by Reaper101 on 01-10-2007 10:42 AM

If it weren't for the fact that DLP tvs are deep (not flat) and have such HORRIBLE viewing angles (step a few feet to the side or up/down and you cant see a thing) I would actualy like them, the picture is really good when you are lined up with the screen correctly Smiley Tongue

Actualy we have a samsung 42" LCD tv here, it has almost a 180 degree viewing angle, you can be standing like completely off to one side and its still perfectly clear picture, from all the DLPs i have seen in stores, the viewing angles are the real killer point, that and the extra bulk Smiley Tongue
Message 11 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Aowen wrote:

Reaper101 wrote:
well for DLPs if u look from the side its just a tiny bit darker then usual but on LCDs if u look from the side it changes colors and it sucks

Most LCD TVs, have a viewing angle of 176-180 degrees...so you are uterly wrongSmiley Indifferent

really
Message 12 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jan 10, 2007
hmmm well when my family was gonna get a new TV we were originally looking at the LCDs but every single 1 we saw had a problem from when we would look to the side it turned like orange and changed opposite colors of wut was on the screen

but i dont want to get in a argument or anything so im just gonna leave it with this last reply about how DLPs and LCDs are
Message 13 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jan 10, 2007
hmmm well when my family was gonna get a new TV we were originally looking at the LCDs but every single 1 we saw had a problem from when we would look to the side it turned like orange and changed opposite colors of wut was on the screen

but i dont want to get in a argument or anything so im just gonna leave it with this last reply about how DLPs and LCDs are

turtle1maniac wrote:

Reaper101 wrote:

turtle1maniac wrote:

Reaper101 wrote:
i have a 42'' DLP projection its really nice and u can put these settings on it so the pixel response time is perfect

if i were u i would buy a DLP cause there the best TV's except for the Plasma tv's but Plasma Tv's break all the time cause they over heat then the pixels and other stuff get damaged and + DLP's are alot cheaper

Message Edited by Reaper101 on 01-10-2007 10:42 AM

If it weren't for the fact that DLP tvs are deep (not flat) and have such HORRIBLE viewing angles (step a few feet to the side or up/down and you cant see a thing) I would actualy like them, the picture is really good when you are lined up with the screen correctly Smiley Tongue

Actualy we have a samsung 42" LCD tv here, it has almost a 180 degree viewing angle, you can be standing like completely off to one side and its still perfectly clear picture, from all the DLPs i have seen in stores, the viewing angles are the real killer point, that and the extra bulk Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Reaper101 wrote:

Aowen wrote:

Reaper101 wrote:

Most LCD TVs, have a viewing angle of 176-180 degrees...so you are uterly wrongSmiley Indifferent

really

really really.
APPLE SPY
Message 15 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes