39470 posts

Re: Apple iPhone 5, do you want one?

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Looks like I'll be waiting till January 2013, not too long, i can cope, I can, I know I can, it's going to be tough, but I can do it!

•  

iPhone 5 : 16GB

iPhone 5 : 32GB

iPhone 5 : 64GB

• Before Jan 14, 2013

$449.00

$549.00

$649.00

• After Jan 14, 2013

$199.00

$299.00

$399.00

Is that with our without Contract? 

With a 2 year contract Speedy.

Crap! I dont know... If it is 399.99 after 1/14/13 I could only imagine it will be 699.99 without contract.

And I have a "granfather" account (Unlimited data & text)

If I renew I loose it so Im not sure when they say upgrade if I can just upgrade equipment and not plan.

I hear now they will be giving alway the iphone4 for free with a 2 year activation. 

Do I want it next week?, yes, but I'll be waiting till after Jan 2013 so I can get it for $199, I'm not paying more than that for it.

I understand your concerns about losing the grandfather thing, I would be too, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet & say "I want that phone" & go for it, know what I mean.

Yea I heard the iPhone 4/4S will be free with a two year contract too.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 11 of 30 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

I see most of my friends always watching their data "Yo you have Wifi on?" 

I dont want to be one of those guys... I cant remember when was the last time I checked my data usage.

Ill be waiting for then too and my Bday is 1/16 so Ill consider it a gift to myself.

hopefully ATT will see me Ill tell them its my Bday gimmi the phone and lemme keep my contract... they will and then Ill have my new phone.

Message 12 of 30 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I see most of my friends always watching their data "Yo you have Wifi on?" 

I dont want to be one of those guys... I cant remember when was the last time I checked my data usage.

Ill be waiting for then too and my Bday is 1/16 so Ill consider it a gift to myself.

hopefully ATT will see me Ill tell them its my Bday gimmi the phone and lemme keep my contract... they will and then Ill have my new phone.

My WIFI is ALWAYS on Speedy, & everywhere I go, be it my sisster-in law's place, my neighbors, the laocal shopping mall etc, I use their WIFI too, I will ALWAYS use WIFI if it's avaialble, the way AT&T & the other cellpjhne companies get you on the data charges is highway robbery!

Message 13 of 30 (125 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Luckily for me my data is unlimited w/ Verizon and I almost always have 3G on (Pandora sometimes starts skipping when it's on wifi). Aesthetically it looks worse than the iPhone 4. My contract w/ my current 4 is up during the next summer. I'll probably give Droid a go, I like how they don't handcuff you as much as Apple.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 14 of 30 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6916 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

My birthday also Smiley Happy.  I won't be getting an iPhone though.  I think the phone and the plans are too expensive.  I will stick to a non-smart phone for as long as I can, but with my contract I can get a new phone in January and it looks like they're getting rid of those options Smiley Sad.

Message 15 of 30 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Anyway is there a question here?, yes here you go...

1. Are you an Apple fan like us, do you dislike Apple, if you like them what do you have Apple wise at home, if you don't like them why?

2. Do you have an iPhone now, do you like it, will you upgrade, are you like me, you want the "latest & greatest" or are you mehh,  it looks ok but I'm in no rush?

1. I don't dislike Apple. They're great pioneers for technology, but you know what they say: They can do it first, but we can do it better. However, they are like any other technology company now. They release a so-called "new" product pretty much exactly the same as their last product which was relased one year ago. That way they can build their 4th mansion somewhere in California.
  2. Personally, I just don't have the need, or more importantly, the budget, to get new stuff that expensive each and every year. My phone works. That's what's important. "OMG, that phone is sooooo 2011" Smiley Indifferent
Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 16 of 30 (109 Views)
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 14, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

So as some of you know my wife & I are real Apple fans, in our eyes they really can't do much wrong, we have an Apple MacBook, 2 iPhone's, one a 4, the other a 4S, & we have an iPad 3 too.

Yesterday Apple annouced that from tomorrow, September 14th 2012 customers can pre-order the new Apple iPhone 5 which officially goes on sale at 8.00am on 21st September 2012.

I like the fact that the price is exaclty the same **bleep** "N", there's also a new "Lightning to 30 pin connector, the ear-buds appear to have changed too, about time, the other ones were awful & kept falling out of your ears!, & last but not least IOS 6, oh & there may be some Google applications missing (that sucks).

1. Are you an Apple fan like us, do you dislike Apple, if you like them what do you have Apple wise at home, if you don't like them why?

2. Do you have an iPhone now, do you like it, will you upgrade, are you like me, you want the "latest & greatest" or are you mehh,  it looks ok but I'm in no rush?

It's interesting how SEGA back in the day got a bad rep for releasing the Add-ons and consoles too close and often(then again they did almost abandon them right away),  but with Apple and it's iphones people are rushing to get the same piece of  crap over and over.  At least with SEGA you got a item that looked different.

If you really want to impress your friends get one of these. That'll turn heads.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSM-Classic-Mobile-Cellular-Retro-Vintage-Brick-Phone-/140403740286

Message 17 of 30 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8181 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I won't get **bleep**. I had a Blackberry, but the OS was very restrictive.
Message 18 of 30 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Sep 14, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

So as some of you know my wife & I are real Apple fans, in our eyes they really can't do much wrong, we have an Apple MacBook, 2 iPhone's, one a 4, the other a 4S, & we have an iPad 3 too.

Yesterday Apple annouced that from tomorrow, September 14th 2012 customers can pre-order the new Apple iPhone 5 which officially goes on sale at 8.00am on 21st September 2012.

I like the fact that the price is exaclty the same **bleep** "N", there's also a new "Lightning to 30 pin connector, the ear-buds appear to have changed too, about time, the other ones were awful & kept falling out of your ears!, & last but not least IOS 6, oh & there may be some Google applications missing (that sucks).

It's interesting how SEGA back in the day got a bad rep for releasing the Add-ons and consoles too close and often(then again they did almost abandon them right away),  but with Apple and it's iphones people are rushing to get the same piece of  crap over and over.  At least with SEGA you got a item that looked different.

If you really want to impress your friends get one of these. That'll turn heads.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSM-Classic-Mobile-Cellular-Retro-Vintage-Brick-Phone-/140403740286

Remonds me of Gordon Gecko!!!

Love that phone, it's actually really cool, but to carry it around would be a pain!

Message 19 of 30 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
642 posts

Sep 14, 2012
It'd be a good weapon for self defense though..

I'm So Happy, Cuz Today I Found My Friends, They're In My Head

-Lithium - Nirvana
Message 20 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes