First Son
15 posts

Re: Anyone here work in the video game industry?

Mar 11, 2007

Station-PSP wrote:

Attackdog24 wrote:
Right now in high school, I am taking a 3d Animation class, where we basically model and animate things in a program called 3dsmax. During the first week of class the teacher showed us a bunch of videos and clips from events like E3 and such, showcasing a bunch of games that were made with 3dsmax. This got me thinking maybe I might want to grow up to work for one of the video game companies.

Is anyone here working in the video game industry, or plans to? Other than becoming an animator/something like that, I also had thoughts about being an architect, but that's getting off-topic. Smiley Tongue

Do you must know how to draw in order to be in that type of class?

Not really. In the class that I'm in, we stick to mouse and keyboard, none of that fancy drawpad stuff. That might be in the college classes but I wouldn't know. I can't draw at all but I am doing fine in the class. it's a blast, you really should take up the opprotunity, should it arise.
Message 21 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14005 posts

Mar 11, 2007
i want to but where i live theres no school for that but for now i´m studing to be a mechanical engineer and hopefully i can study game design & animation
Message 22 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Mar 12, 2007
I'm currently just a couple days from sending out job application related materials to some select video game companies...

Shooting for environmental modeling (and texturing)
Message 23 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Mar 12, 2007
I want to breakthrough in the video game industry myself.  Im planning on being a PR rep, or Content Manager.
Message 24 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7692 posts

Mar 13, 2007

m1ndfr3ak wrote:
when im an adult i either want to be in the video game industry or the movie industry

omg!!same!!
XBL Gamertag: AAABattery Syphon Filter LS: kishou
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ Legend ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ Bob Marley ``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º ``°º¤ø„¸ ¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„
Tyrone Biggums: "That's impossible Ronda, how can you sleep if you high on crack? Chinese riddle for you."
Message 25 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes