Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Anyone here been watching Hannibal?

May 12, 2013
Yes, I've seen those. Just found out they're selling the episode on iTunes so I may do that.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 32 (176 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14140 posts

May 12, 2013

Are you talking about the series about the titular character who is a psychiatrist by day and a cannibalistic serial killer by night?

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 12 of 32 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

May 12, 2013

FrescanteBozak wrote:
Yes, I've seen those. Just found out they're selling the episode on iTunes so I may do that.

Yeah, the "webisodes" on NBC's site is the full episode 4, but, censored.

The episode 4 on iTunes is the full uncensored episode.

I knew when I watched episode 4 (really episode 5) on TV, it felt like there was something missing. It wasn't until later that night my brother had called me to inform me the real episode 4 had been pulled.

younginflavor18 wrote:

Are you talking about the series about the titular character who is a psychiatrist by day and a cannibalistic serial killer by night?

Yes. "Hannibal" Lecter. Inspired by the characters from "Red Dragon" by Thomas Harris.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 13 of 32 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

May 12, 2013
I was watching until they pulled the episode. Now I refuse to.
Message 14 of 32 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
I was watching until they pulled the episode. Now I refuse to.

Why? It was pulled from the air, but is still available to watch online. I'm just glad they didn't pull it period, and was never to be seen.

I understand why they did it (out of respect for the Sandy Hook/Boston Bombing victims: even though the episode was filmed before Sandy Hook shooting.)

I'm amazed that NBC has gotten away with most of the stuff they've shown. I applaud them for keeping their promise of "pushing the envelope of what you can show on network television." Dang straight!

It doesn't even feel like a "NBC" show. It feels like it belongs on HBO or Showtime.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 15 of 32 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

May 12, 2013

FrescanteBozak wrote:

johngie wrote:
That's Hannibal of Carthage.

This is just Hannibal.

And ya, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. They're really pushing the envelope in terms of violence and whatnot, but I suppose the show does air later than normal. I mean, the mushroom episode, then the angels? That was disgusting.

Yeah, they really are pushing the envelope. I've yet to see the episode that was pulled from a couple weeks back. I think the subject matter had something to do reminiscent of the Sandy Hook tragedy or the Boston Marathon bombings.

From what I've read online, the fourth episode wasn't pulled 'cause of the Boston Marathon bombings. If you check this link out, Hannibal TV show, it'll tell you why.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 32 (138 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

May 12, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

From what I've read online, the fourth episode wasn't pulled 'cause of the Boston Marathon bombings. If you check this link out, Hannibal TV show, it'll tell you why.

For anyone having trouble finding the comment on the wikipedia page Hinata linked (or too lazy to find it Smiley Tongue)

"With this episode, it wasn't about the graphic imagery or violence. It was the associations that came with the subject matter that I felt would inhibit the enjoyment of the overall episode. It was my own sensitivity... We want to be respectful of the social climate we're in right now". - "Hannibal" show runner, Bryan Fuller

Message 17 of 32 (134 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

May 12, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

For anyone having trouble finding the comment on the wikipedia page Hinata linked (or too lazy to find it Smiley Tongue)

"With this episode, it wasn't about the graphic imagery or violence. It was the associations that came with the subject matter that I felt would inhibit the enjoyment of the overall episode. It was my own sensitivity... We want to be respectful of the social climate we're in right now". - "Hannibal" show runner, Bryan Fuller

Much appreciated guys!

Photobucket
Message 18 of 32 (125 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

May 12, 2013

FrescanteBozak wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Much appreciated guys!

You're welcome. Woman Happy

Message 19 of 32 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Jun 6, 2013

FrescanteBozak wrote:

I absolutely love this show. Great acting, stories, beautifully shot. I really hope NBC picks it up for next season.

I got good news for you. I don't know if you know this already or not, but there's going to be a second season. Smiley Happy

(Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/mads-mikkelsen-hannibal-season-2_3699238)

Message 20 of 32 (102 Views)