Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 48 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2586 posts

Re: Anybody ready for fallout 4?

Aug 9, 2013

Only if Bethesda improves upon all of Fallout 3's issues:

-lackluster writing in comparison to the Black Isle games and New Vegas. Not to mention all the canon inconsistencies... but hey, Bethesda does have their East Coast setting excuse.

-clunky real-time combat

-an overbearing karma system. Fallout 2 and New Vegas did karma best, pushing it to the backburner in favor of the superior reputation system.

-requiring DLC to play post-ending. That's one of the only things Fallout 3 did better than New Vegas. You can actually play after beating the game, as long as you have $5 or $10 handy!

-speaking of endings, Fallout 3's vanilla ending (all two of them) were baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. And even with the ending DLC installed, it was still a frustrating anti-climax.

-the glitches, but Bethesda games will likely always be filled to the brim with them no matter how long the development cycle is or how powerful the tech is

If it sounds like I hate Fallout 3, I don't. It was fun to play for two playthroughs and then I drifted towards apathy.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 48 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Aug 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

edlunjames wrote:

I do not get why everybody is, criticizing the game for the animations I mean (some were pretty bad) but This was bethesda's first time, at least it was FUN! thats right I said FUN!(F-U-N) Anybody agree?

Fun? Is that like some hidden graphics setting?

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 48 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
3472 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Currently playing Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, which I got from Steam. I still can't believe how buggy the game is after two years. The game still crashes a lot, creatures get stuck inside walls, floors etc. etc.

Still, It's LOT better than Fallout 3, that game was crap.

I'm not really looking forward for Fallout 4, unless they change the horrible engine, and make it more like Fallout 1/2 (which will never happen, unfortunately), which are still my all time favorite RPGs.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 48 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8677 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Yes please!!!!! PS4 FALLOUT4

take my monies!

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 48 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Currently playing Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, which I got from Steam. I still can't believe how buggy the game is after two years. The game still crashes a lot, creatures get stuck inside walls, floors etc. etc.

Still, It's LOT better than Fallout 3, that game was crap.

I'm not really looking forward for Fallout 4, unless they change the horrible engine, and make it more like Fallout 1/2 (which will never happen, unfortunately), which are still my all time favorite RPGs.

I'm pretty sure they are going to change an engine they used in 2010 for a possible 2014-15 game.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 48 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I agree with Five. The game has so many bugs and glitches, and the animations are just horrible. The game still has a great draw to it that I can not stay away from.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 48 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27995 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Srettoselur wrote:

I agree with Five. The game has so many bugs and glitches, and the animations are just horrible. The game still has a great draw to it that I can not stay away from.

That's Bethesda for you. You got to take the good with the incredibly, annoyingly bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 48 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Aug 9, 2013
I'm honestly surprised by all the love for NV over FO3. In my opinion, the only area where NV outshined FO3 was in the accuracy of the weapons. NV was a campy, overpopulated game, littered with those bs, sandbox-killing invisible walls, that paid homage to the originals. Fallout 3 was a darker, grittier game that paved it's own way in the Fallout universe.

Perhaps my preferences are mainly due to the fact that I didn't really care for the original Fallout games, but that is how I see it.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 48 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27995 posts

Aug 9, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised by all the love for NV over FO3. In my opinion, the only area where NV outshined FO3 was in the accuracy of the weapons. NV was a campy, overpopulated game, littered with those bs, sandbox-killing invisible walls, that paid homage to the originals. Fallout 3 was a darker, grittier game that paved it's own way in the Fallout universe.

Perhaps my preferences are mainly due to the fact that I didn't really care for the original Fallout games, but that is how I see it.

There were fewer Deathclaws in New Vegas so that was another thing NV did better.

I hate Deathclaws. They are the only enemy I've encountered in all of my years of gaming that scare me. I'd rather deal with Albino Radscorpions than Deathclaws.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 48 (62 Views)
0 Likes