Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Anybody else think Lebron is overrated?

Oct 3, 2013
I love Michael Jordan. I miss the good old days with Bird, Magic and Jordan. No one will ever come close to those 3.

James, Allen, Bosh. Not even close to what I mentioned.
Message 11 of 32 (99 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30953 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
I love Michael Jordan. I miss the good old days with Bird, Magic and Jordan. No one will ever come close to those 3.

Why would you replace Dwanye Wade with Ray Allen? Smiley Very Happy (And why compare the Heat's "Big Three" to Three superstars on different teams?)

Of course, Jordan, Bird and Magic was a great era in basketball but those days are gone. Constantly comparing today to yesterday is a tired argument. Lebron isn't even a good comparison to Jordan because they are two different styles of players. Magic would be a much better comparison for LeBron and leave Jordan for Kobe since... Well... He steals all of his moves anyway (According to MJ).

Message 12 of 32 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

Did Dwade drop that much that hes not even considered to be in the big 3...or even a big 4?

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 13 of 32 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 3, 2013
Oh yeah, my bad forgot about him.

Those 3 Bird, Magic and Jordan were all developed in their respected teams. And, set the tone for the rest of the league years to come.

If you had old vs new and it being the same era, be really tough call. You win with Jordan, Bird and Magic just seals it!
Message 14 of 32 (86 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30953 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

Those 3 Bird, Magic and Jordan were all developed in their respected teams. And, set the tone for the rest of the league years to come.

If you had old vs new and it being the same era, be really tough call. You win with Jordan, Bird and Magic just seals it!

It's different because of the AAU mentality today. Many of the great players from today spent so much time playing together in AAU leagues, being buddies and only interested in making themselves look good that they don't have that competitive edge that Jordan, Bird etc. had. 

Jordan hated everyone once he got on that court , Sixers and Celtics hated each other, Bird and Magic hated each other and let's not even start on Magic and Isaiah Thomas

Message 15 of 32 (76 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 3, 2013
Yeah everybody seems so nice, nice these days. Which is totally wrong. One day, you see them fighting, next day they will be all buddy, buddy stuff. doesn't makse sense. Not like the old days. Friend or foe. It needs to stop especially in baseball. You see that too much.
I understand you can't burn bridges and its hard not to ignore the guy next to you. But when both are going against each other and you see like they are talking to each other, like they are besst friends...what the heck right.

Today you don't see that hate in James. Its not what it used to be. When it came to Bird and Magic, back in the old days people were clued to their tv sets. James its like no one cares. Those days are long gone hate love relaationships. Which the NBA needs to bring back..
Message 16 of 32 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Oct 3, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

It's different because of the AAU mentality today. Many of the great players from today spent so much time playing together in AAU leagues, being buddies and only interested in making themselves look good that they don't have that competitive edge that Jordan, Bird etc. had. 

Jordan hated everyone once he got on that court , Sixers and Celtics hated each other, Bird and Magic hated each other and let's not even start on Magic and Isaiah Thomas

If any player shows hate they get a 5 game suspension+ $50,000 fine 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 17 of 32 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 3, 2013
Yeah the friend / foe has to stop James or not
Message 18 of 32 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6925 posts

Oct 3, 2013

I always find it funny how there's always that number one spot that gets ridiculed and always being labeled as overrated. This happens all the time.

Message 19 of 32 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Being a Chicago guy,it will always be about Michael's Bulls and Walter's Bears,but on topic l do not think LeBron is overrated,l relate him to Tom Brady in that hes great with no name players and better with fellow allstar teamates lmo. l'll still take Brady though everyday!

Message 20 of 32 (40 Views)
0 Likes