Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: Any other GAME MAGAZINEs out there?

Feb 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I do have to say that Game Informer still manages to get exclusive information, that the online publications don't have access to. There have been several times where online publications reported on exclusives that Game Informer had first. I remember a big exclusive they had was on AC: Liberation for the Vita....

I do have to say; despite the increasing amount of product placement, GI has a substantial amount of information to provide, and they are pretty on the level with reviews.  

I find my favorite part of the mag is actually the letters.  Entertaining and informative.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Feb 4, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

OPM-- gone

PTOM- gone

GamePro- gone..

EGM- gone..

any other one

game informer?

i can't use electronics at work.. but i can read.. so always enjoy reading a game magazine at work..

but not much option now a day.. :smileysad:

Since when did GamePro go away?

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 4, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

OPM-- gone

PTOM- gone

GamePro- gone..

EGM- gone..

any other one

game informer?

i can't use electronics at work.. but i can read.. so always enjoy reading a game magazine at work..

Not sure.  I stopped getting that one when I went to EGM full time.  Then when EGM went away, I switched to GI.  Honestly did not think to look GamePro back up at the time.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3323 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

OPM-- gone

PTOM- gone

GamePro- gone..

EGM- gone..

any other one

game informer?

Not sure.  I stopped getting that one when I went to EGM full time.  Then when EGM went away, I switched to GI.  Honestly did not think to look GamePro back up at the time.

Moble

I'm a GI user. Might as well look up when GamePro went defunct...I'll post the info when I find it

EDIT: Found it, it when defunct back in Winter 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GamePro

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (69 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5644 posts

Feb 4, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

OPM-- gone

PTOM- gone

GamePro- gone..

EGM- gone..

any other one

game informer?

GamePro had ended its monthly publication after over 22 years since its debut, with its October 2011 issue. Shortly after that issue, the magazine had changed to GamePro Quarterly, which was a quarterly publication using higher quality paper stock as well as being larger and thicker than all of the previous standard magazine issues. GamePro Quarterly hit newsstands within the first half of November 2011.

The quarterly endeavor, however, only lasted with one issue when it was scrapped. On November 30, it was announced that GamePro as a magazine and a website would be shutting down on December 5, 2011. GamePro would only then become part of the PC World.

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (64 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Online is killing mags, that is all it is.  As I mentioned before, it is only a matter of time before even GI goes online only.  Why not though?  It is a little more convenient, and maybe they could reduce the cost.  Not likely, but maybe.

Although I don't see GI going away completely, since it is part of GS, unless the go under as well.  Who knows, Amazon is doing a knock up job of putting everyone out of business.:smileyfrustrated:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Feb 4, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Online is killing mags, that is all it is.  As I mentioned before, it is only a matter of time before even GI goes online only.  Why not though?  It is a little more convenient, and maybe they could reduce the cost.  Not likely, but maybe.

Although I don't see GI going away completely, since it is part of GS, unless the go under as well.  Who knows, Amazon is doing a knock up job of putting everyone out of business.:smileyfrustrated:

Moble

Do you still know if you can order the older GI issues? I was just viewing their cover gallery and many of them had the "In Stock" under thier covers.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (56 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 5, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Do you still know if you can order the older GI issues? I was just viewing their cover gallery and many of them had the "In Stock" under thier covers.

I would think the answer would be yes, but I do not know how to go about it.  I keep one or two, if there is an article on an upcoming game I don't want to forget about, but other than that; I read them, then trash them.

I wanted to look up an article in the most current issue, online.  It wanted me to subscribe to the online mag as well.  No credit for having the hard copy sub.  I mentioned this before, I would think they would allow you to access online content if you had the physical sub, but apparently the GS money making machine will not allow it.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14479 posts

Feb 5, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

just   game magazines... ..no?   or other magazines as well?

:/  with only Gameinformer avaible.. not much choice to choose from.. :/  i hate gamestop... so i'll pass..

to QUOTE--- TOP RIGHT of the reply box
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (41 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Feb 5, 2013
no more game magazines. i wanted to get some for my kids too.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (38 Views)
0 Likes