Treasure Hunter
7734 posts

Re: Any oldies still here?

Feb 23, 2011

SlipperyJim wrote:

So can anyone tell me how the forums used to be, other than perhaps more active?

It had higher post quality as well. Back in those days, a good topic to chat in would show up at least once a day. Ask a question, you'll get a useful response in 4 hours at worst. The browsing was more responsive and straight up than the mess of slowness and lag that it is now. When the forums changed, the user interface was so bad, it sent members clicking confused, going in circles until they gave up and most of them left.

The design of the forums make it a pain in the rear to upgrade. MohawkTown said that a less-hideous theme cannot be put in place due to the design of the forums, and Jive seem that they do not care.

And finally, I think the most devastating effect of the upgrade is the "cannot post" bug. Some users, me included, were unable to post reponses to the forums for days, if not, weeks. I was on the verge of leaving the forums for good, until it one day magically worked. But the damage is done, and even more forumers left.

So yeah, in short, the "upgrade" to Jive was a total clusterfrack. LithiumFTW.

EDIT: I won't even go to the rumored thing that the new moderating staff handed out Banhammers like tea and biscuits to those who criticized the new system.

Message 81 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 23, 2011

I agree.. this account was created about a year ago, however I have been browsing the forums for years. It saddens me to know that I compose 4 of the last 6 posts within this hour..

||2003 GMC Sonoma ZRX||

2 12" 2011 Rockford Fosgate T112D4
2 6.5" Rockford Fosgate T1652
2 6"x9" Rockford Fosgate T1682
1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP
1 Rockford Fosgate T600-4
Pioneer AVH-P1500DVD
Shuriken SK-BT45 High Performance Battery
Custom Ported Box tuned @ 36 Hz

Whole setup --> Rated at 153+ dB

Message 82 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1289 posts

Feb 23, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

SlipperyJim wrote:

So can anyone tell me how the forums used to be, other than perhaps more active?

It had higher post quality as well. Back in those days, a good topic to chat in would show up at least once a day. Ask a question, you'll get a useful response in 4 hours at worst. The browsing was more responsive and straight up than the mess of slowness and lag that it is now. When the forums changed, the user interface was so bad, it sent members clicking confused, going in circles until they gave up and most of them left.

The design of the forums make it a pain in the rear to upgrade. MohawkTown said that a less-hideous theme cannot be put in place due to the design of the forums, and Jive seem that they do not care.

And finally, I think the most devastating effect of the upgrade is the "cannot post" bug. Some users, me included, were unable to post reponses to the forums for days, if not, weeks. I was on the verge of leaving the forums for good, until it one day magically worked. But the damage is done, and even more forumers left.

So yeah, in short, the "upgrade" to Jive was a total clusterfrack. LithiumFTW.

EDIT: I won't even go to the rumored thing that the new moderating staff handed out Banhammers like tea and biscuits to those who criticized the new system.

Spare a few clicks to my pet dragons?
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!

I could tell you guyz all about that, buuutttttt... I would more then likely get another ban............

Lithium FTW

Message 83 of 643 (49 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Feb 24, 2011

Well I firmly believe that this or any forum can become great with the right users. So here's my effort at stimulus. Topic: When will the third party publishers and developers finally deliver a AAA quality game to PS3 owners?

How do you use those cool pictures as your signature?
Message 84 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14882 posts

Feb 24, 2011

KillerTomato wrote:

Well I firmly believe that this or any forum can become great with the right users. So here's my effort at stimulus. Topic: When will the third party publishers and developers finally deliver a AAA quality game to PS3 owners?

You can't truly stimulate progress in that matter. As Doppelgangergang said, the damage is done.

He heard a voice from God and it said, “George, separate the peanut into its elements; you will find cures and delicious snacks."

Fabulous!
Message 85 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Feb 24, 2011

KillerTomato wrote:

While that is true, a random topic that's been discussed a billion times in another thread and in the wrong board won't stimulate this community.

Really though, the community killed the community. Jive Software is questionable but people here love to find a reason to bitch and moan until everyone's on the bandwagon and gone.

Message 86 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
27123 posts

Feb 24, 2011

It's more than questionable, it garbage and that's why no one is here anymore. This is my first post in ages.

Message 87 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 24, 2011

Well screw you guys, I'm going home. Just kidding.

Message 88 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
937 posts

Feb 25, 2011

I used to post here alot until they took away my resistance forums then custom avatar at 1000 posts then made this terrible layout. I barely post anymore.

Message 89 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Well, this place certainly has changed. I know I haven't posted here in years, but I do like to check in occasionally. Looks like most of the sub-forums got gutted out. Sad day...

-Edit- Found all the sub-forums, but by complete accident. The main forum navigation is so awful I thought the sub-forums were removed completely.

OTR
Message 90 of 643 (49 Views)
0 Likes