Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8828 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013
I remember when CNNBoy had so many more posts than anybody else and I always watched to see what his rank would turn into.

Canadaeh also had a pretty high post count back in the day.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 41 of 62 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
8267 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I dislike it when people pull that crap with others  "your wrong because I have 30,000 posts and you have 2"    I call BS Smiley Tongue

I've said this many times before.  Having a higher post count doesn't make you smarter or better.  However, there is almost always a difference between the level of posting of a "veteran" and someone who joined two weeks ago with a post count of 16.  There is much to learn, and the newbies simply haven't learned it yet.  Myself included.  It took me a while to find the PM notifier.  But after you've been here a while and made the mistakes, you learn the hard way.

 

Back in the day I especially noticed a dramatic difference between users after they graduated from "Reploid Hell".  If you remember what that is, then you're a veteran.  As much as I hated going through Reploid Hell, I thought it was an amazing tool for forum maturity.  It broke most everyone of being a post who're, and got them to craft thoughtful posts, not just "me too".  Once I graduated, I could tell the difference immediately in the posting styles.

 

However, I saw little difference between someone who just graduated, or was about to graduate, and someone with 20,000 or 30,000 posts.  Back then 15,000 posts was a lot.  30,000 was unheard of.


This even though true... kinda makes me feel bad. 

 

I admit I am a post who're, maybe this reploid hell would of helped in my case.When I am at work is when I normally come on the forums otherwise It would be a long 8 hourse at work.

 

I apologize to the community. Its just sometimes I cant help myself so I am guilty of whats stated above.

 

DrG you always make helpful and thoughtful posts and I look up to guys like yourself on these forums and hope that I can be knowledgeable as you guys. 

 

Yes I am still in my learning stage but that should be endless in life... If you stop learning you stop living.

 

Once again I will take that info provided above and consider the next time I go to post.

 

I am sorry if I may have ticked anyone of with my constant posts.

 

Yeah but other than that.... Lets see some more Vets!

Message 42 of 62 (117 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
9182 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

I don't spam just to get more post and higher rank in the forums. Not every post needs to be very informative and helpful. This is the Off-topic section, the "playground" for me. I'm not sorry if someone resents my posting habits. Ha! Smiley Very Happy

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 43 of 62 (113 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
55190 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I don't spam just to get more post and higher rank in the forums. Not every post needs to be very informative and helpful. This is the Off-topic section, the "playground" for me. I'm not sorry if someone is resents my posting habits. Ha! Smiley Very Happy


I've been accused of post spamming many times but honestly I'm not posting to up my post count.  I post between appointments at work to keep my mind occupied.  

Message 44 of 62 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
55190 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I dislike it when people pull that crap with others  "your wrong because I have 30,000 posts and you have 2"    I call BS Smiley Tongue

I've said this many times before.  Having a higher post count doesn't make you smarter or better.  However, there is almost always a difference between the level of posting of a "veteran" and someone who joined two weeks ago with a post count of 16.  There is much to learn, and the newbies simply haven't learned it yet.  Myself included.  It took me a while to find the PM notifier.  But after you've been here a while and made the mistakes, you learn the hard way.

 

Back in the day I especially noticed a dramatic difference between users after they graduated from "Reploid Hell".  If you remember what that is, then you're a veteran.  As much as I hated going through Reploid Hell, I thought it was an amazing tool for forum maturity.  It broke most everyone of being a post who're, and got them to craft thoughtful posts, not just "me too".  Once I graduated, I could tell the difference immediately in the posting styles.

 

However, I saw little difference between someone who just graduated, or was about to graduate, and someone with 20,000 or 30,000 posts.  Back then 15,000 posts was a lot.  30,000 was unheard of.


This even though true... kinda makes me feel bad. 

 

I admit I am a post who're, maybe this reploid hell would of helped in my case.When I am at work is when I normally come on the forums otherwise It would be a long 8 hourse at work.

 

I apologize to the community. Its just sometimes I cant help myself so I am guilty of whats stated above.

 

DrG you always make helpful and thoughtful posts and I look up to guys like yourself on these forums and hope that I can be knowledgeable as you guys. 

 

Yes I am still in my learning stage but that should be endless in life... If you stop learning you stop living.

 

Once again I will take that info provided above and consider the next time I go to post.

 

I am sorry if I may have ticked anyone of with my constant posts.

 

Yeah but other than that.... Lets see some more Vets!


speedy you don't post enough so don't worry if someone says you post too much!  They are wrong IMO if they tell you that.  


Plus your posts are always nice. 

Message 45 of 62 (101 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

Have I been guilty of one liner posts and simple meme jabs?  Yes.

 

I believe I make up for the occasional one though, with my eloquently stated dissertations.Smiley Wink

 

I like to be thorough in my statements, when I have something to say.  I view it as a semi obligation, to have something to say, rather than coming on and blasting someone with a "your stupid".

 

I liken it to when I had to take hybrid and online courses to finish my degree.  In the hybrid classes, people would give me S for writing three and four "page" responses to the online portion questions.  I would explain to them, it was in the syllabus, answers should be more than one word, and demonstrate comprehension of the subject matter.  One to two paragraphs were required.  I would over shoot that all the time, but I always feel the only way to get a point across, is to be completely thorough.

 

Just my opinion on it though.  I don't think anyone here would accuse me of being a posting who're.  I think others starting threads for "what is your favorite Pizza topping", are more guilty of that than I.

 

Moble

Message 46 of 62 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/02/2002
Offline
9577 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Have I been guilty of one liner posts and simple meme jabs?  Yes.

 

I believe I make up for the occasional one though, with my eloquently stated dissertations.Smiley Wink

 

I like to be thorough in my statements, when I have something to say.  I view it as a semi obligation, to have something to say, rather than coming on and blasting someone with a "your stupid".

 

I liken it to when I had to take hybrid and online courses to finish my degree.  In the hybrid classes, people would give me S for writing three and four "page" responses to the online portion questions.  I would explain to them, it was in the syllabus, answers should be more than one word, and demonstrate comprehension of the subject matter.  One to two paragraphs were required.  I would over shoot that all the time, but I always feel the only way to get a point across, is to be completely thorough.

 

Just my opinion on it though.  I don't think anyone here would accuse me of being a posting who're.  I think others starting threads for "what is your favorite Pizza topping", are more guilty of that than I.

 

Moble


awwww Smiley Sad   i posted a "whats the best ice cream you've had" thread.  guess im guilty of who'reing lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 62 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Have I been guilty of one liner posts and simple meme jabs?  Yes.

 

I believe I make up for the occasional one though, with my eloquently stated dissertations.Smiley Wink

 

I like to be thorough in my statements, when I have something to say.  I view it as a semi obligation, to have something to say, rather than coming on and blasting someone with a "your stupid".

 

I liken it to when I had to take hybrid and online courses to finish my degree.  In the hybrid classes, people would give me S for writing three and four "page" responses to the online portion questions.  I would explain to them, it was in the syllabus, answers should be more than one word, and demonstrate comprehension of the subject matter.  One to two paragraphs were required.  I would over shoot that all the time, but I always feel the only way to get a point across, is to be completely thorough.

 

Just my opinion on it though.  I don't think anyone here would accuse me of being a posting who're.  I think others starting threads for "what is your favorite Pizza topping", are more guilty of that than I.

 

Moble


awwww Smiley Sad   i posted a "whats the best ice cream you've had" thread.  guess im guilty of who'reing lol Smiley Very Happy


I neither condone, nor condemn such threads.  I only wished to point out the limits of what could be considered who'ring.

 

And yes, you would be.Smiley LOL  JK, all in good fun.  Be sure to check out my HOCKEY GENERAL Thread, if you are into Hockey, and looking for good Hockey Talk.Smiley Wink

 

Warning, it is very Bruins bias.

 

Moble

Message 48 of 62 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
55190 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

I heard bruins...did someone say something bad about the bruins?  Don't make me put my bear suit on! I'm not nice to other teams Smiley Tongue

 

Message 49 of 62 (78 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I heard bruins...did someone say something bad about the bruins?  Don't make me put my bear suit on! I'm not nice to other teams Smiley Tongue

 


Actually I love the B's.  Just warning any visitors that they are in for mostly Bruins Talk.  Habs fans are welcome, but don't expect a cheery reception.Smiley Wink

 

Wings are a free topic as well.  Go Wings!

 

Moble

Message 50 of 62 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes