Last Guardian
10060 posts

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 18, 2013

Mystic_Gon wrote:
The members who have been here longer than a decade can teach celebrity couples a thing or two about commitment. Bravo.

Commitment? Bah, they don't have anything better to do with their lives. Smiley Very Happy 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 31 of 62 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37291 posts

Feb 19, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I dislike it when people pull that crap with others  "your wrong because I have 30,000 posts and you have 2"    I call BS Smiley Tongue

I've said this many times before.  Having a higher post count doesn't make you smarter or better.  However, there is almost always a difference between the level of posting of a "veteran" and someone who joined two weeks ago with a post count of 16.  There is much to learn, and the newbies simply haven't learned it yet.  Myself included.  It took me a while to find the PM notifier.  But after you've been here a while and made the mistakes, you learn the hard way.

Back in the day I especially noticed a dramatic difference between users after they graduated from "Reploid Hell".  If you remember what that is, then you're a veteran.  As much as I hated going through Reploid Hell, I thought it was an amazing tool for forum maturity.  It broke most everyone of being a post who're, and got them to craft thoughtful posts, not just "me too".  Once I graduated, I could tell the difference immediately in the posting styles.

However, I saw little difference between someone who just graduated, or was about to graduate, and someone with 20,000 or 30,000 posts.  Back then 15,000 posts was a lot.  30,000 was unheard of.

Message 32 of 62 (165 Views)
Welcoming Committee
37291 posts

Feb 19, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

1980 Atari 2600.  Forum membership date be damned, I AM OLD SCHOOL.

Break yourself FOOLS!Smiley LOL

Moble

Magnavox Odyssey here..... GOML!   Smiley Tongue

Oh snap!

That is some ugly past.Smiley LOL  I think PONG is largely responsible for School Violence in the 1970's.

Moble

I blame all violence that happens TODAY within 15 miles of any place of education on that gaming system from the 70's!

For those who don't notice what we are doing, well, sarcasm! 

Hey, I just realized something.  Almost 100% of the school violence happens on school property.  If we just banned all the schools the violence would cease.

Message 33 of 62 (165 Views)
Platinum
56286 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I like it Dr Gadget Smiley Tongue

I'm still wondering when we are going to go after the evil car owners, you know how many motor vehilce deaths we have every year!  Those violent murdering car owners have no respect for the kids!   

Sorry about the dose of sarcasm there forums, sometimes the way people are and the way they are no longer taught critical thining in school really aggrivates me. 

Message 34 of 62 (154 Views)
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Feb 19, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Magnavox Odyssey here..... GOML!   Smiley Tongue

Oh snap!

That is some ugly past.Smiley LOL  I think PONG is largely responsible for School Violence in the 1970's.

Moble

the Great Pong Massacre of '72.

R.I.P. Smiley Sad

Message 35 of 62 (146 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9638 posts

Feb 19, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

hehe i was 2 at that time, but i know i played one cuz my dad told me we had one back then when i was a young boy who wanted/got a NES.  i thought that was my first system but he told me it wasnt.

Message 36 of 62 (143 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9638 posts

Feb 19, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I dislike it when people pull that crap with others  "your wrong because I have 30,000 posts and you have 2"    I call BS Smiley Tongue

I've said this many times before.  Having a higher post count doesn't make you smarter or better.  However, there is almost always a difference between the level of posting of a "veteran" and someone who joined two weeks ago with a post count of 16.  There is much to learn, and the newbies simply haven't learned it yet.  Myself included.  It took me a while to find the PM notifier.  But after you've been here a while and made the mistakes, you learn the hard way.

Back in the day I especially noticed a dramatic difference between users after they graduated from "Reploid Hell".  If you remember what that is, then you're a veteran.  As much as I hated going through Reploid Hell, I thought it was an amazing tool for forum maturity.  It broke most everyone of being a post who're, and got them to craft thoughtful posts, not just "me too".  Once I graduated, I could tell the difference immediately in the posting styles.

However, I saw little difference between someone who just graduated, or was about to graduate, and someone with 20,000 or 30,000 posts.  Back then 15,000 posts was a lot.  30,000 was unheard of.

hehe i have yet to reach the 8k mark and it will soon be 11 years.  i really only post when i feel the need to say something.  not to mention i took that break from the forums completly when they were switched to that jive function.  Not even sure when they switched back cuz i had stopped looking at the forums.  i just happen to stumble across the forums one day and saw they was back to the old way and then i started being a part of the community again.

It may not matter to most how long someone has been a part of these forums but it is nice to see old timers (forum date wise... cuz im in my 30's if we was talking bout age) on here.  I think it shows that we enjoy being a part of this community and thats why we are still around. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 62 (142 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 19, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

hehe i was 2 at that time, but i know i played one cuz my dad told me we had one back then when i was a young boy who wanted/got a NES.  i thought that was my first system but he told me it wasnt.

Ahahaha... Not to worry, I was only about Five.  I am not THAT old.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 38 of 62 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56286 posts

Feb 19, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Ahahaha... Not to worry, I was only about Five.  I am not THAT old.Smiley LOL

Moble

sounds like we are the same age!  

Message 39 of 62 (133 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
14289 posts

Feb 19, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Or....you can have the ranks change while you're going through Reploid hell and never have to deal with it like me Smiley Very Happy.

Message 40 of 62 (124 Views)
0 Likes