Thread has been cleaned up a bit. Smiley Wink

space_cape!!

Message 21 of 62 (174 Views)
Platinum
55190 posts

Re: Any old schools are here?

Feb 18, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

1980 Atari 2600.  Forum membership date be damned, I AM OLD SCHOOL.

Break yourself FOOLS!Smiley LOL

Moble

Magnavox Odyssey here..... GOML!   Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 62 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 18, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Oh snap!

That is some ugly past.Smiley LOL  I think PONG is largely responsible for School Violence in the 1970's.

Moble

Message 23 of 62 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Oh snap!

That is some ugly past.Smiley LOL  I think PONG is largely responsible for School Violence in the 1970's.

Moble

I blame all violence that happens TODAY within 15 miles of any place of education on that gaming system from the 70's!

For those who don't notice what we are doing, well, sarcasm! 

Message 24 of 62 (140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

DId you happen to see the Penn & Teller video ID posted?  Very good.  Had to take it down for language, but it is very poignant.

Whoops, sorry.  Not hijacking here, I swear.  Last comment unrelated to OP, promise.

Moble

Message 25 of 62 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Well, I love the Castlevania series (even Simon's Quest; anything before Lords of Shadow), I remember how frustrating Pong was on the Atari (was that game programed to make it impossible to win? Smiley Indifferent), aaaaaand I used to love Asteroids and Centipede. I guess I'm old.

Forum-wise, I joined in '09 (when I first got my PSP and started back using Playstation platforms as my main gaming devices).

Message 26 of 62 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 18, 2013

My favorites Castlevania games were II, Simon's Quest, and of course the BEST, Symphony of the Night.

Of course, after playing them, I had a yearning to get a whip and go out vanquishing Vampires.  At least those I suspected of being Vampires.  Not the shiny ones either.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 27 of 62 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

My favorites Castlevania games were II, Simon's Quest, and of course the BEST, Symphony of the Night.

My favorite is out of Dracula's Curse and Rondo of Blood. Rondo was a beautiful game all around. It still had that Classic Castlevania difficulty, but it also gave the player more abilities so you wouldn't feel overwhelmed (Item Crashes, jumping on stairs, etc.). Dracula's Curse was awesome because of the many paths you could take and the ally combinations you could come up with.

No disrespect to SotN or Super Castlevania IV though. I just wish SotN had more levels. After you got all of Alucard's gear, you were basically god-like lol. Richter was already god-like at the start.

Message 28 of 62 (121 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 18, 2013

CircleBoi6 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

My favorite is out of Dracula's Curse and Rondo of Blood. Rondo was a beautiful game all around. It still had that Classic Castlevania difficulty, but it also gave the player more abilities so you wouldn't feel overwhelmed (Item Crashes, jumping on stairs, etc.). Dracula's Curse was awesome because of the many paths you could take and the ally combinations you could come up with.

No disrespect to SotN or Super Castlevania IV though. I just wish SotN had more levels. After you got all of Alucard's gear, you were basically god-like lol. Richter was already god-like at the start.

Very true about all.  As far as the franchise after SotN, I barely played any after that.  The over demure characters got a little too anime for me.  

As well, I did not enjoy the N64 bastardization and attempt at 3Dimensional game play.  I played half way through Lament of Innocence, but it just did not pop for me.  Guess I grew out of the title, much like other games in my "tapping out" thread.

Still a classic franchise though.

Moble

Message 29 of 62 (113 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

Feb 18, 2013
The members who have been here longer than a decade can teach celebrity couples a thing or two about commitment. Bravo.
Message 30 of 62 (110 Views)
0 Likes