Dec 06 2012
By: rouward Fender Bender 4184 posts

Any foreigners here?

17 replies 137 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

SImilar to the old topic "Any oldies here" but it's about foreigners like me who visits here in US PS forum to discuss about PlayStation. I admit that I'm not an American, actually I'm from the Philippines (reason why my english was not good since I joined here but slightly improving). I don't know if there are foreigners who are also posting here. Somehow this forum is really entertaining and I enjoyed posting here for 3 years.

Filipino | GT6 Player | PC Technician

Message 1 of 18 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6533 posts

Re: Any foreigners here?

Dec 6, 2012

Naughty Dog forums merged into this forum about 1 year ago and I decided to move to this off-topic discussions. The off-topic forum of the Naughty Dog forum is still alive, but I found this place to be better. In my opinion this place is more lively and people are nicer and maturer. 

I'm from Finland. It's located in Northern Europe.

Finland

Today is our independence day by the way. No school for me. 

Message 2 of 18 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33308 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Happy Independance Day, glad you got those Russians out lol.

Also, glad you told me Finland was in Northern Europe :smileywink:.

P.S. To the OP, I'm originally from the UK (England), but now reside in the USA & have done for some years now.

Message 3 of 18 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6533 posts

Dec 6, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Sarcasm? :smileywink: I don't expect Americans to know where Finland is located on the map. I don't know where say Idaho is located without googling it. So yeah...

BRIT-KO wrote:

P.S. To the OP, I'm originally from the UK (England), but now reside in the USA & have done for some years now.

I'm going to travel to London after Christmas. It will be my first time in England. I expect to see double-decker buses, red callboxes and mounted police. 

Message 4 of 18 (111 Views)
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I'm a foreigner with European and African ancestry- not native to North America; Canada nor the U.S.

Hey Brit, how do you like it here in the States?

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 5 of 18 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Dec 6, 2012

There is MattCLK from the GT section....

havent seen him in a while though.

Hes a bit of a celebrity over there (Popular)

Message 6 of 18 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33308 posts

Dec 6, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Sarcasm? :smileywink: I don't expect Americans to know where Finland is located on the map. I don't know where say Idaho is located without googling it. So yeah...

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm going to travel to London after Christmas. It will be my first time in England. I expect to see double-decker buses, red callboxes and mounted police. 

Lol, yea I got the sarcasm/irony lol.

You will see all of those & more, I really hope you enjoy it, let me know fo you want a heads-up on some stuff to see/do.

Message 7 of 18 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33308 posts

Dec 6, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

I'm a foreigner with European and African ancestry- not native to North America; Canada nor the U.S.

Hey Brit, how do you like it here in the States?

Hey Havoc,

I've been travelling to the USA for around 23 years now, been all over, N, S, E & W lol, not been everywhere but seen a lot of this fine country I too call home.

I love it here in Sth FL where my home is, even if ID-69 doesn't lol, I've been here permanently nearly 5 years now Havoc so with the travelling to the US for over 20 years & now living here for nearly 5 I'm pretty settled in my day-2-day life etc.

Message 8 of 18 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Do you keep up with Britain's politics, and the Jubilee's?

I'm guessing Gordon Brown's the Prime Minister and the Queen is not the figurehead like everyone thinks. She visited here some time ago and reaffirmed the(her) alliance with America.

Kate Middleton is expecting soon and the baby, from what I heard, is in line for the throne. I read that on E! News of all places lol

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 9 of 18 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Yup, I'm a foreigner. I'm currently in the UK, though I'm not British.  I figured I should spread the love as far and wide as possible, so I made my way here.  I'm still waiting to be awarded a tin badge or something.

Message 10 of 18 (73 Views)
0 Likes