Setzaroth wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Nobody asked... 

But killing blue dragons in taverly dungeon

Do you have to be a member to do that?

yes

Why am I not surprised -.-

Making money isn't something freebies usually need to worry about. Full rune is cheap... and thats as high as you can go

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 42 of 50 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Re: Any RuneScape players?

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

I remember when I was lured in to the Wilderness and killed there. That actually happened like 6-12 months before I finally quit.

So, I was at GE (Grand Exchange), one guy asked me if I could help him and teleport him to the Tzhaar caves (was it called that?). He said that Lava titan(?) can teleport you to the Tzhaar caves. So he told me to just click teleport on the familiar, and select him.

So there am I clicking teleport, and suddenly I'M the one getting teleported... in to the Wilderness!

I was wearing couple rewards from Dungeoneering (I think I had Chaotic Rapier and Arcane necklace) and Bandos tassets and chestplate. Some other stuff too.

So I couldn't escape from there in time, there were like 2 guys waiting for me, spamming Ancient magics. If I remember correctly, I lost over 20-30M there, including one of the Dungeoneering rewards, which CANNOT be bought by cash, dungeoneering tokens only.

I was REALLY **bleep** at the time. Everytime something like this happened, I always got that feel that "Maybe I should just quit", this isn't the first time I've lost this much money.

However, I didn't give up. I kept playing the game, compleleted Slayer tasks (That's really the only way I can think of making money, it's fun too!) and eventually got my gear back and the Arcane Necklace I lost.

Now I have a bit over 40M cash. I haven't bothered giving it away or anything, because maybe, just *maybe* I might come back to this game someday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I complained about the lure in the forums, and the guy who lured me came to post there as well.. just to pi ss me off. I didn't ask for my stuff back, I asked them (Jagex) to update the titan to give a warning message (just like all the other Wilderness teleports give) when teleporting there.

And what happened? A week or two later, Jagex DID change the titan to warns players! Well, at least no more people get tricked.

Message 43 of 50 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I used to play it but my laptop couldnt handle it anymore so i stopped. i will pick it up again later.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 44 of 50 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

I used to play up to a few months ago. I was a dual moderator (Player Moderator and Forum Moderator) for about 2 years before I resigned and quit RuneScape. You can probably still find some of my Forum Mod posts on the forums if you look up my name.

I might return later on, but right now it's not looking likely as I've been very busy with many real life obligations. I might need to get a better PC too as my current one isn't too fond of Java.

Oh really? hey, so you might know. Are they still recruiting p-mods? I've been playing for 8 years... I think I would qualify... the community is so massive though, I just sort of gave up on getting anywhere with that

The community is not that massive anymore. But yes, they are still recruiting Pmods, but at a low scale. Back in my day they would invite dozens every week or every 2 weeks, of course not all would make it through the process. Now it's one or two every 2 weeks, depending on how active they are in the community.

Years don't really matter as I played for 5 years before I was invited. Some had only played for a year or two. What matters is if you stand out from the rest and have a good record. Usually those involved with the community with events, making forum posts, being friendly with everyone around them would stand out. They would then get their account revised to see if they were secure and didn't have secondaries that were unsecured or broke the rules. Then they would invite you and go through the whole process.

I tried playing yesterday but it felt like a whole new game, but in a bad way. Saying that, it was nice seeing some of the veterans still around.

Message 45 of 50 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

I remember when I was lured in to the Wilderness and killed there. That actually happened like 6-12 months before I finally quit.

So, I was at GE (Grand Exchange), one guy asked me if I could help him and teleport him to the Tzhaar caves (was it called that?). He said that Lava titan(?) can teleport you to the Tzhaar caves. So he told me to just click teleport on the familiar, and select him.

So there am I clicking teleport, and suddenly I'M the one getting teleported... in to the Wilderness!

I was wearing couple rewards from Dungeoneering (I think I had Chaotic Rapier and Arcane necklace) and Bandos tassets and chestplate. Some other stuff too.

So I couldn't escape from there in time, there were like 2 guys waiting for me, spamming Ancient magics. If I remember correctly, I lost over 20-30M there, including one of the Dungeoneering rewards, which CANNOT be bought by cash, dungeoneering tokens only.

I was REALLY **bleep** at the time. Everytime something like this happened, I always got that feel that "Maybe I should just quit", this isn't the first time I've lost this much money.

However, I didn't give up. I kept playing the game, compleleted Slayer tasks (That's really the only way I can think of making money, it's fun too!) and eventually got my gear back and the Arcane Necklace I lost.

Now I have a bit over 40M cash. I haven't bothered giving it away or anything, because maybe, just *maybe* I might come back to this game someday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I complained about the lure in the forums, and the guy who lured me came to post there as well.. just to pi ss me off. I didn't ask for my stuff back, I asked them (Jagex) to update the titan to give a warning message (just like all the other Wilderness teleports give) when teleporting there.

And what happened? A week or two later, Jagex DID change the titan to warns players! Well, at least no more people get tricked.

Well if you ever give it away, I'll gladly relieve you of your gold. Smiley Wink

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 46 of 50 (107 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

Happened onto a random Drop party in the G.E.

They were dropping Bread, redberry pie, and rune scimitars... I scraped up about 118,000 GP worth

random drop party.PNG

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 47 of 50 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Nov 1, 2013
I played it a lot when I was about 10, quit for about 4 years, picked it back up when I was 14, then ultimately quit it for good 1 year after that....it was a good game, but I pretty much did all you could do as a free player and I did not feel like paying money to get member benefits.
Message 48 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

hmmm, maybe this is his day job? Smiley Tongue

Colonel_Radec-1-.png

Colonel radick.png

radick.png

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 49 of 50 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
457 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Haven't really played since 2011. I no life'd Woodcutting and Fishing though. Still regret that to this day >___>. Anyway, I go on every once in a while to see what's up. I let my membership expire a few months ago though since I never really played it.

Also, have they optitmized it all? The game ran terribly for me often couldn't even maintain 20 fps -__-

Message 50 of 50 (70 Views)
0 Likes