Highlighted
Apr 07 2007
By: Jayhawks2013 Lombax Warrior 179 posts

Any Best Buy workers?

14 replies 2 views Edited Apr 7, 2007
EDIT: My bad, I pressed enter and it posted it with nothing.  I'm just wondering if anyone works at Best Buy, and if they could answer a few questions for me.  I just got hired at a brand new store (Opening May 4th) and I just have some questions, regarding like the employee discount and stuff. Thanks

Message Edited by EarleT9 on 04-06-2007 09:57 PM
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 1 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Re: Any Best Buy workers?

Apr 7, 2007
Haha lucky. I applied at Best Buy but never got the call back.
Message 2 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3782 posts

Apr 7, 2007
I actually got hired at one that is opening June 1st but we start on May 12, my birthday. I heard Best Buy is a good company to work for. Probably much better then the one I am working for right now.
Message 3 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Apr 7, 2007
haha, apparently between 400-700 applicants, about 300 got called back, 70 got hired.  I went through 3 interviews, and they were still "iffy" about me.  They said they'd give me a chance, so im happy.  Im 16, this is my first job, so they were giving me the benefit of the doubt because of some of my answers in the interviews.

Message 4 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Apr 7, 2007

Rayzn1 wrote:
I actually got hired at one that is opening June 1st but we start on May 12, my birthday. I heard Best Buy is a good company to work for. Probably much better then the one I am working for right now.

Yeah, I start next Saturday, April 14th.  But isnt just my luck, im going to be out of town, so they got all pissy for that.  But they said they will catch me up.  I heard it is a great company too.  No commission, great people, great attitude it seems like.  Im pumped to meet all these new people.  They said im lucky to get that for my first job, its a great job.  IM in "home essentials sales."  Home essential consists of home theater, car audio (home essentials=car audio? dont ask...) and appliances. 

Message 5 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

Apr 7, 2007
Nope, don't work there. I think my friends brother works there though.

NerdTests.com User Test: The
Message 6 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3782 posts

Apr 7, 2007

EarleT9 wrote:
haha, apparently between 400-700 applicants, about 300 got called back, 70 got hired.  I went through 3 interviews, and they were still "iffy" about me.  They said they'd give me a chance, so im happy.  Im 16, this is my first job, so they were giving me the benefit of the doubt because of some of my answers in the interviews.

My interview went great. The first interview was in front of 3 people who were in their mid 20s early 30s. They were friendly and we joked around and I had them laughing which I'm sure helped. Then they said if the GM is available I will talk to him. So after 5 minutes I got to speak to him. He said if they want me to work there they will call me for another interview. At the end of the interview he just offered me the job. Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: Re: Any Best Buy workers?

Apr 7, 2007
I wish you good luck.I've heard about what people who work in retail go through and people can be real jerks.
Message 8 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3782 posts

Apr 7, 2007

EarleT9 wrote:

Rayzn1 wrote:

Yeah, I start next Saturday, April 14th.  But isnt just my luck, im going to be out of town, so they got all pissy for that.  But they said they will catch me up.  I heard it is a great company too.  No commission, great people, great attitude it seems like.  Im pumped to meet all these new people.  They said im lucky to get that for my first job, its a great job.  IM in "home essentials sales."  Home essential consists of home theater, car audio (home essentials=car audio? dont ask...) and appliances. 

I'm working with media which is video games, music, and movies.
Message 9 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Apr 7, 2007

EarleT9 wrote:

Haha, that sounds pretty brutal. My first job was Pac-Sun and that was a BREEZE compared to what yours sounds like. They didn't even really interview me.

Turned 16. Went straight to PacSun for an application. Got my permit the next day. "Interviewed" the next week. Hired the one after that.
Message 10 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes