Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2013
By: Emerald_Swords PlayStation MVP 4983 posts

Anonymous takes responsibility for Xbox Live attacks, another group surfaces

22 replies 197 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

xbox live logo

Anonymous has attacked Xbox Live, and has also released a nifty little video.

Meanwhile Microsoft has issued a statement on their website stating that they are aware of the issues and are working hard to rectify it. Users are reporting that they are unable to sign in to the service.

This may be a wide scale DDOS attack against the service, since users are reporting that they are unable to sign in, or send text or voice messages. Some people are also unable to play offline, because their saves are synced with cloud.

Here's a video from Anon

http://www.gamechup.com/anonymous-takes-responsibility-for-xbox-live-attacks-more-attacks-planned/

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (197 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11046 posts

Re: Anonymous takes responsibility for Xbox Live attacks, another group surfaces

Apr 14, 2013

Uh oh, looks like I'm going to have to take my Xbox out back and set it on fire, just like I did with my PS3's during the PSN outage.

Looks like it's just me 'n' you, Wii...

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (181 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Re: Anonymous takes responsibility for Xbox Live attacks, another group surfaces

Apr 14, 2013

I'm all for cheaters getting punished but now innocent people will suffer as a side effect.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I'm all for cheaters getting punished but now innocent people will suffer as a side effect.

Thats usually how "war" goes.... there is always collateral damage, intentional or not, its always to be expected.

Have to take the good with the bad.

The article has been updated that Anonymous denies claming responsibility and that another hacker reports its a botnet attack.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (155 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 14, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

Thats usually how "war" goes.... there is always collateral damage, intentional or not, its always to be expected.

This is true, and war.....war never changes... :smileywink:

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4106 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

The funny thing about "Anonymous" is that anybody can share their hacktivist beliefs, do what they do, and claim to be part of their group.... When in reality, there is no "group." (or should I say, 'organized group.)

One "group" (waving the flag of Anon) could have been behind it, while another "group" would say "No, 'Anon' was not behind that."

There is no leader, nor rankings. So, there is no debate between "they" took responsibility for this or "they" denied it.

Both can be correct.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (140 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Horror, the way I look at it, Anonymous is just that, an Anonymous source. So anyone could hack something and call themselves Anonymous(until their found out at some point).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 14, 2013

johngie wrote:

Uh oh, looks like I'm going to have to take my Xbox out back and set it on fire, just like I did with my PS3's during the PSN outage.

Looks like it's just me 'n' you, Wii...

LMAO thats kinda extreme

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Just look at it this way, now only Nintendo fans can say we suck because we got hacked. So really, this is a good day for us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31942 posts

Apr 14, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

This is true, and war.....war never changes... :smileywink:

no. war, war has changed.

tumblr_m8vvw9Vjw01qfzhnw.png

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (116 Views)