Fender Bender
3627 posts

Re: Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Galaxy S 3 ??

Apr 9, 2014

Seems samsung can't make up their mind.

They keep saying ''soon'' ''really soon'' and ''not happening'' for Galaxy S3 users.

One way or another, I will get Kit-Kat on my S3.

Message 11 of 13 (58 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10759 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Doppelgangergang wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:
Problem with Android: Hardware Changes, not to mention about 1,000 different manufacturers. It is impossible for Google to support everything until the end of time.

Google doesn't support anything Android outside of the Nexus line.

Google doesn't support anything within the OS.  Except for the base code.

The Android OS was BUILT by Google.  Yes, it is an open source OS, and individual manufacturers can put their own twists and turns on the UI, and the way it interacts with the device, but the base code was created and is owned by Google.

Have you ever wondered why you go to Google Play for your app purchases and downloads?  Because Google owns the OS.

And...  go to http://www.android.com and check the name at the bottom of the page.

When you register your device, and set up an account, it is commonly called a Google account.  There might just be a reason for that.

Message 12 of 13 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

I have a note 3 ( as well had the note and note 2), which is rooted and running cm11. Touchwiz is terrible and Samsung is notorious for janky updates when they feel like it. If you have a samsung of any kind, it should be rooted and rom'd. 

true..  samsung is pretty slow with their updates..  they are often behind in the android os update comparing to other companies..

among my friends they are divided among which phones to use by a simple reason..

screen size.

a co worker of mine.. he's.. well. a pretty big guy... he often making jokes about the iphone   like "can you imagine me holding an iphone? the tiny little piece .. " ..

he's big.. S3 and up is more ideal for him.. i think he upgraded to a Note something now..

iphone is not the next big thing anymore..:/ the market is divided kind of evenly between apple and samsung now a day.. it's like there's a war going on between the fanboys.. large portions are apple vs samsung pretty much..

personally i don't see myself owning one of these smart phones anytime soon.. since there's no need for me..  my business is via email and home phone... so unless  every phone on the market are smart phones by the time my T-mobile contract expired this december..Smiley Indifferent

Fletcherrenn08 wrote:
So the fact that I need internet on my cell phone or tablet to send my book manuscript away to publishers is just my want?. I can't get a wired internet connection. So I'm just not supposed to because you think phones having there features is just a want and not a need?. Geez grow up.

looks like someone need to take their own advice..

please.. cool down little boy.. i'm just stating my opinion...did i insult you or something?

re-read my post please..

time with family or some fresh air will do you some good.. Smiley Indifferent

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 13 (45 Views)
0 Likes