Keyblade Wielder
10086 posts

Re: Analyst: Sony to win big in long run

Nov 17, 2006
I think it's much too early to be making predictions like that. 

What if all of a sudden there's something seriously wrong with the PS3, or if people really underestimated the Wii, and it booms in sales?

I'm not going to take any of this prediction with anything more than a grain of salt, and I'll make my own judgement on which to buy later, after they've been on the market for a while.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 17, 2006
NO! It's not true.. SONY SUCKS! /sarcasm

:smileyindifferent:  Who cares what analysts say. If someone posts an article about Sony failing I know exactly who would jump all over the news as if it was to be true.

Message Edited by Clinton514 on 11-17-2006 01:56 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Nov 17, 2006
My Estimates: The PS3 will have a rush of excictement, super sucess, and then it will all die down, and it will just be in teh dark:smileytongue:

The Xbox360 will continue it's success, its preditable and just a stready flow.

The Wii will probably follow the 360 in a slow stream of gradual buyers once awareness is raised?
APPLE SPY
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Nov 17, 2006

Aowen wrote:
My Estimates: The PS3 will have a rush of excictement, super sucess, and then it will all die down, and it will just be in teh dark:smileytongue:

The Wii will probably follow the 360 in a slow stream of gradual buyers once awareness is raised?

My own estimate is that the PS3 will enjoy lots of success purely because Sony makes it look like the most powerful console on the planet (despite the acualy system bandwidth being nowhere near the 360) and all the n00bs will go "ps3 has teh best gfx evarrrr!!!"

The 360 needs some new features but if Microsoft delivers the goods like I know they can, the 360 could turn out to be the mainstream game console of this generation.

The Wii is a unique system. It's not really for heavy gamers; it's more like the Mac of game consoles, if you know what I mean. People who were never gamers before will love the Wii but I think hardcore people will want something more.

Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 11-17-2006 01:08 PM
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Nov 17, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

Aowen wrote:

My own estimate is that the PS3 will enjoy lots of success purely because Sony makes it look like the most powerful console on the planet (despite the acualy system bandwidth being nowhere near the 360) and all the n00bs will go "ps3 has teh best gfx evarrrr!!!"

The 360 needs some new features but if Microsoft delivers the goods like I know they can, the 360 could turn out to be the mainstream game console of this generation.

The Wii is a unique system. It's not really for heavy gamers; it's more like the Mac of game consoles, if you know what I mean. People who were never gamers before will love the Wii but I think hardcore people will want something more.

Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 11-17-2006 01:08 PM

yeh ms is adding new stuff every day. i personal think this war well turn out close.

my guess is:

1.xbox 360
2.ps3
3.wii

im not a fanboy. i own a 360 and im getting a ps3 at x-mas (to give them time to work out first console bugs). i don't like how sony is forcing us to have to have blu-ray. yes its good for games and all, but its no needed as far as i see so far. i know resistance has 20 gb of space. with compression getting better and better i don;t see 9gb beening used up. as long as you can compress the games right so the console can expand them fast, its all good.

i hope the ps3 does work out though. this first wave is the easy one. the big question is can it get a steady flow of buyers.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Nov 17, 2006

Aowen wrote:

Microsoft's head start will give them the market share lead through 2007, but Sony will win in the long run with almost 60 percent of the market by 2012. That's the determination of research firm Strategy Analytics, whose Connected Home Devices service predicts Sony's 121.8 million PS3s will dwarf Microsoft's 59.7 million Xbox 360s in this console generation. The company sees the Nintendo Wii as almost a non-factor with only 23.3 million units sold through 2012.

Among the other predictions in the report:
  • 9 million total consoles sold this holiday season
  • 39.1 million consoles sold in 2007
  • 204.8 million consoles sold through 2012
  • 50 percent of all console sales coming from North America this generation.
The report sees this holiday period as crucial for Microsoft, which has to prove there is still demand for the Xbox 360 past the early adopters who have bought over 6 million systems so far. The key for Microsoft, they argue, is to lure away enough disappointed potential PS3 buyers in the next few weeks to maintain their early lead well into the future.

The report seems to put a lot of stake in the name recognition and current dominance of the PlayStation brand, which will force other console makers to convince consumers to "switch camps." Only time will tell whether customer loyalty can overcome high prices, hardware shortages and heavy marketing from Sony's competitors.

Source.

I doubt it, the PS3 is just too expensive to be so succesful.

Hmm I can come with analysis that breaks there point. In the N64 and Sega Saturn days the playstation was a newbie no anaysit would bet would win and look where it is now. The Xbox was also thought to be a flop and it wasen't. It's the first company that comes out with a solid line of games and a good head start helps that a lot, Xbox is all ready starting to crank out good games for it's console. And at a price that is lower then Sony.

And don't say brand name or loyilaty is going to win, that will help but it won't secure it, I like my PS2 but if the PS3 as no good games I am not jumping on board just because it says PS3 on it.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Nov 17, 2006

KiLlEr99 wrote:

The Jolly Roger wrote:
Common sense would dictate that Sony would fall into 2nd place, or worse. The PS3 will eventually gather up steam, but it will no longer be the dominating force it once was.

i agree. i really see this war begin close not a sony run away.

I also agree
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Nov 17, 2006

Aowen wrote:

Maybe I just watch a clip from G4TV.com where Adam Sessler said that Sony's banking on it being a status symbol. That worked for the PSP for the first couple of months and then people relized that it was an over hyped portable with hardly any good games.

I think that baring some major disater for the PS3 Sony will come out on first by a hair, but it's going to be closer then the genesis and Super nintendo. Followed by the 360. As for the Wii Nintendo is doing something diffrent and I am sure they will pick up a new market share and also make a profitable system but they will still come in 3rd.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Nov 17, 2006

Clinton514 wrote:

:smileyindifferent:  Who cares what analysts say. If someone posts an article about Sony failing I know exactly who would jump all over the news as if it was to be true.

these analysts are predicting for the year 2012???

are they assuming we wont be playing ps4 by then?
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 17, 2006

9mk_The_Godfather wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

these analysts are predicting for the year 2012???

are they assuming we wont be playing ps4 by then?

Perhaps. There's way to many things to factor in while predicting these things. What if Ken Kutargi goes on vacation...will the PS3 still be #1.

What if Jay Allard never comes back from his hiatus...will 360 be #1?  :smileysurprised:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes