Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Re: Amazon Charges SALE TAX??

Feb 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I'm fairly certain that Amazon has a distribution facility in your state, and usually if they have a physical presence in your state you are subject to sales tax.  So it could be that the closest distributor location for the book, is in your state.

the AC III PS3 bundle they sold me shipped from the city in my state.. so.. :/ i'm not sure

a shipping center doesn't count though...  i think..  since they shipping a lot of stuffs to me from local shipping centers here.. but never had to pay tax

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 25 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

the_original_se wrote:
sucks dont it?

here in California local business people were **bleep** about internet sales because sites dont have to charge sales tax and thus people are shopping online instead of in stores, so they whined and the gov made online sites like Amazon charge sales tax.

funny thing is, this wont change anything because people will still shop online. i recently put a pre-order down for the Survival Edition of The Last of Us on Amazon and bought The Art of Dead Space and got a $10 sales tax charge. dont care; either i get charged in store or online, only difference is that online is more convenient and local stores cant do anything about that.

the reasons why i shop online is simple

BESIDE saving on SALE TAX,.....

CONVENIENCE! Smiley Happy and     more items to select from

SAVE on gas/time - having to drive to a store

CHEAPER prices!!!     ACIII  for$60 at bestbuy store        while only $40 on amazon???? 

**the draw back is RETURNS...sometimes. .. and shipping time.. but with Amazon Prime Smiley Happy i'm fine with their shipping time

it's weird because the places that i shop most often is COSTCO  and AMAZON (sometimes newegg)..   i have a wal-mart close by but only go there for things that are not at costco..  

Message 12 of 25 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 4, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I'm fairly certain that Amazon has a distribution facility in your state, and usually if they have a physical presence in your state you are subject to sales tax.  So it could be that the closest distributor location for the book, is in your state.

the AC III PS3 bundle they sold me shipped from the city in my state.. so.. :/ i'm not sure

a shipping center doesn't count though...  i think..  since they shipping a lot of stuffs to me from local shipping centers here.. but never had to pay tax

Then I think the sales tax for you is here to say, as long as it ships from your in-state distribution center. Many online stores operate that way, it is always tax free unless that company has a physical presence  in your state...

Message 13 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 4, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
sucks dont it?

here in California local business people were **bleep** about internet sales because sites dont have to charge sales tax and thus people are shopping online instead of in stores, so they whined and the gov made online sites like Amazon charge sales tax.

funny thing is, this wont change anything because people will still shop online. i recently put a pre-order down for the Survival Edition of The Last of Us on Amazon and bought The Art of Dead Space and got a $10 sales tax charge. dont care; either i get charged in store or online, only difference is that online is more convenient and local stores cant do anything about that.

the reasons why i shop online is simple

BESIDE saving on SALE TAX,.....

CONVENIENCE! Smiley Happy and     more items to select from

SAVE on gas/time - having to drive to a store

CHEAPER prices!!!     ACIII  for$60 at bestbuy store        while only $40 on amazon???? 

**the draw back is RETURNS...sometimes. .. and shipping time.. but with Amazon Prime Smiley Happy i'm fine with their shipping time

it's weird because the places that i shop most often is COSTCO  and AMAZON (sometimes newegg)..   i have a wal-mart close by but only go there for things that are not at costco..  

Many places are selling ACIII for $40 at this point, Bestbuy.com is currently selling it for $50 (but they now pricematch Amazon)...

Message 14 of 25 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I didn't get charged any sales tax from buying off of Amazon. Must be different by every state.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 15 of 25 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41822 posts

Feb 4, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

I didn't get charged any sales tax from buying off of Amazon. Must be different by every state.

Indeed.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 16 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Feb 4, 2013

It's on the state's to collect the tax, IRS recently talked about enforcing it more heavily this year.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 17 of 25 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
Many places are selling ACIII for $40 at this point, Bestbuy.com is currently selling it for $50 (but they now pricematch Amazon)...

price match? with an online site??  even no sale tax?  LOL

Message 18 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
 Then I think the sales tax for you is here to say, as long as it ships from your in-state distribution center. Many online stores operate that way, it is always tax free unless that company has a physical presence  in your state...

I heard that they want to release a bill that will charge tax  on online..

and just yesterday i read an article from yahoo about  the govt now want to check off shore accounts..  :/

Message 19 of 25 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 6, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

price match? with an online site??  even no sale tax?  LOL

No silly, not the sales tax!

Target, Best Buy, and Walmart were pricemathing Amazon during the holidays.

I believe Target & Best Buy are still doing it....

Message 20 of 25 (49 Views)
0 Likes