Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

 

Post count is how you become recognizable. Not respected.


contradicting yourself much...? Smiley Indifferent


I meant to throw in a "however"

 

The point was clear: Do not be ridiculous. Or, if you want to be ridiculous, carry yourself properly. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 51 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

myalana wrote:

 


bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

 

Post count is how you become recognizable. Not respected.


I respectfully disagree Bob. The emphasis here is largely "post count" hence the "Look At Me I Have 10000 Posts" threads. Should it be that way? No, but post count is the "kudos/likes" of Off-Topic, and that's what many hold in high regard here.


Post count can establish you as a regular by making you more recognizable. Does that make people respect you? I do not think that follows. I mean, there are a few here that have insane post counts yet have no respect whatsoever.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 32 of 51 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/24/2004
Offline
3153 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014
I don't have to worry about getting repect from this forum.
Message 33 of 51 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

@JulianMatisse we should like make a thread to see if people respect me or not. I'd say it could be a dual-ownership thread, but you have plenty of posts. So people already respect you. I on the other hand with my measly 400 plus posts have a lot to work on in earning fellow posters respect.


Pfft, you totally win the respect over me, you have 7 platinums.... somebody (on the internet) told me that was important to a bunch of people. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 51 (141 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 10/30/2012
Offline
1960 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

Didn't this guy make a goodbye thread?

He's not getting any respect anytime soon...


Message 35 of 51 (132 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/04/2010
Offline
2254 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

Talented-Taco wrote:

@JulianMatisse we should like make a thread to see if people respect me or not. I'd say it could be a dual-ownership thread, but you have plenty of posts. So people already respect you. I on the other hand with my measly 400 plus posts have a lot to work on in earning fellow posters respect.


Pfft, you totally win the respect over me, you have 7 platinums.... somebody (on the internet) told me that was important to a bunch of people. Smiley Happy


YES!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

First, you need to know how happy I am you brought that into this. (All jokes aside this is serious)

 

Hey! Look what we just did guys. We had a conversation and we both know what is really going on and now I really appreciate @JulianMatisse . I wouldn't even say it verbally. I would just show the person, but because it pertains to this thread and I am who I am. I did say it verbally and the biggest part is today is the first day I see @JulianMatisse post!

 

Two people with different post counts getting along, and having fun.

 

Sincerly, Taco Heart

 

 

Message 36 of 51 (122 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15342 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

Talented-Taco wrote:

@JulianMatisse we should like make a thread to see if people respect me or not. I'd say it could be a dual-ownership thread, but you have plenty of posts. So people already respect you. I on the other hand with my measly 400 plus posts have a lot to work on in earning fellow posters respect.


Pfft, you totally win the respect over me, you have 7 platinums.... somebody (on the internet) told me that was important to a bunch of people. Smiley Happy


YES!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

First, you need to know how happy I am you brought that into this. (All jokes aside this is serious)

 

Hey! Look what we just did guys. We had a conversation and we both know what is really going on and now I really appreciate @JulianMatisse . I wouldn't even say it verbally. I would just show the person, but because it pertains to this thread and I am who I am. I did say it verbally and the biggest part is today is the first day I see @JulianMatisse post!

 

Two people with different post counts getting along, and having fun.

 

Sincerly, Taco Heart

 

 


Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 37 of 51 (119 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
36980 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

 

Post count is how you become recognizable. Not respected.


contradicting yourself much...? Smiley Indifferent


I meant to throw in a "however"

 

The point was clear: Do not be ridiculous. Or, if you want to be ridiculous, carry yourself properly. 


i still dont get it

if you make ridiculous posts nobody will respect you however if you make ridiculous posts you can still be respected


Message 38 of 51 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

 

Post count is how you become recognizable. Not respected.


contradicting yourself much...? Smiley Indifferent


I meant to throw in a "however"

 

The point was clear: Do not be ridiculous. Or, if you want to be ridiculous, carry yourself properly. 


i still dont get it

if you make ridiculous posts nobody will respect you however if you make ridiculous posts you can still be respected


I edited the original post to be more clear. 

 

Making ridiculous posts will not garner respect unless you do it properly. This means you have to post a good "kind of ridiculous." I would give examples of both if it was not blacklisting. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 39 of 51 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

 

Post count is how you become recognizable. Not respected.


contradicting yourself much...? Smiley Indifferent


I meant to throw in a "however"

 

The point was clear: Do not be ridiculous. Or, if you want to be ridiculous, carry yourself properly. 


i still dont get it

if you make ridiculous posts nobody will respect you however if you make ridiculous posts you can still be respected


I edited the original post to be more clear. 

 

Making ridiculous posts will not garner respect unless you do it properly. This means you have to post a good "kind of ridiculous." I would give examples of both if it was not blacklisting. 


I think you'll find that's pretty subjective... but I agree to an extent. The people who appreciate someone's particular good kind of ridiculous, will respect you... while other's will dismiss or revile you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 51 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes