PlayStation MVP
14096 posts

Re: Am i respected now?

Jun 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

Post count is how you become recognizable. Not respected.

contradicting yourself much...? :smileyindifferent:

I meant to throw in a "however"

The point was clear: Do not be ridiculous. Or, if you want to be ridiculous, carry yourself properly. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 51 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14096 posts

Jun 27, 2014

myalana wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The best way to be respected is to just post and engage in discussions. If you make ridiculous posts, nobody will respect you. Even if you make ridiculous posts, you can still be respected. You just need to carry yourself properly.

I respectfully disagree Bob. The emphasis here is largely "post count" hence the "Look At Me I Have 10000 Posts" threads. Should it be that way? No, but post count is the "kudos/likes" of Off-Topic, and that's what many hold in high regard here.

Post count can establish you as a regular by making you more recognizable. Does that make people respect you? I do not think that follows. I mean, there are a few here that have insane post counts yet have no respect whatsoever.

Message 32 of 51 (132 Views)
Fender Bender
2846 posts

Jun 27, 2014
I don't have to worry about getting repect from this forum.
Message 33 of 51 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4056 posts

Jun 27, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

@JulianMatisse we should like make a thread to see if people respect me or not. I'd say it could be a dual-ownership thread, but you have plenty of posts. So people already respect you. I on the other hand with my measly 400 plus posts have a lot to work on in earning fellow posters respect.

Pfft, you totally win the respect over me, you have 7 platinums.... somebody (on the internet) told me that was important to a bunch of people. :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 51 (123 Views)
Survivor
1947 posts

Jun 27, 2014

Didn't this guy make a goodbye thread?

He's not getting any respect anytime soon...

Message 35 of 51 (114 Views)
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jun 27, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

Talented-Taco wrote:

@JulianMatisse we should like make a thread to see if people respect me or not. I'd say it could be a dual-ownership thread, but you have plenty of posts. So people already respect you. I on the other hand with my measly 400 plus posts have a lot to work on in earning fellow posters respect.

Pfft, you totally win the respect over me, you have 7 platinums.... somebody (on the internet) told me that was important to a bunch of people. :smileyhappy:

YES!:smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol:

First, you need to know how happy I am you brought that into this. (All jokes aside this is serious)

Hey! Look what we just did guys. We had a conversation and we both know what is really going on and now I really appreciate @JulianMatisse . I wouldn't even say it verbally. I would just show the person, but because it pertains to this thread and I am who I am. I did say it verbally and the biggest part is today is the first day I see @JulianMatisse post!

Two people with different post counts getting along, and having fun.

Sincerly, Taco :heart:

Message 36 of 51 (104 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14807 posts

Jun 27, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

Talented-Taco wrote:

YES!:smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol::smileylol:

First, you need to know how happy I am you brought that into this. (All jokes aside this is serious)

Hey! Look what we just did guys. We had a conversation and we both know what is really going on and now I really appreciate @JulianMatisse . I wouldn't even say it verbally. I would just show the person, but because it pertains to this thread and I am who I am. I did say it verbally and the biggest part is today is the first day I see @JulianMatisse post!

Two people with different post counts getting along, and having fun.

Sincerly, Taco :heart:

Nothing gold can stay.

Fabulous!
Message 37 of 51 (101 Views)
VP of Gaming
31027 posts

Jun 27, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The point was clear: Do not be ridiculous. Or, if you want to be ridiculous, carry yourself properly. 

i still dont get it

if you make ridiculous posts nobody will respect you however if you make ridiculous posts you can still be respected

Message 38 of 51 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14096 posts

Jun 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

i still dont get it

if you make ridiculous posts nobody will respect you however if you make ridiculous posts you can still be respected

I edited the original post to be more clear. 

Making ridiculous posts will not garner respect unless you do it properly. This means you have to post a good "kind of ridiculous." I would give examples of both if it was not blacklisting. 

Message 39 of 51 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4056 posts

Jun 27, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

i still dont get it

I edited the original post to be more clear. 

Making ridiculous posts will not garner respect unless you do it properly. This means you have to post a good "kind of ridiculous." I would give examples of both if it was not blacklisting. 

I think you'll find that's pretty subjective... but I agree to an extent. The people who appreciate someone's particular good kind of ridiculous, will respect you... while other's will dismiss or revile you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 51 (80 Views)
0 Likes