Aug 02 2010
By: arafey I Only Post Everything 1304 posts

Afghanistan

42 replies 154 views Edited Aug 2, 2010

UPDATE: More pictures available at this Web Album.

Some pictures from my trip. If there's any type of picture you want more of (civilians, military, geography, roads, history, etc) I have a ton more and I'll include them per request and I'll place them on the web album per request. I'll just include one from each category I listed for now. I would include all 1400 pictures, except I have a 768kbps upload speed in the way.

Civilians

Military

Geography

Roads

History (Architecture)

Pictures from Afghanistan
“I would rather die standing up, than live life on my knees.”

--Emiliano Zapata
Message 21 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2166 posts

Re: Afghanistan

Jul 27, 2010
Did you do a tour of duty over there?
-----------------------------------

Message 1 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1304 posts

Jul 27, 2010

No. I visited and volunteered as a translator of Farsi/Dari to English and English to Farsi/Dari for 3 weeks.

--Emiliano Zapata
Message 2 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jul 27, 2010

If it's possible, I'd like all the pictures of the architecture, geography and historical picutres. Just put them all in a folder and use winrar to compress them, and upload them overnight. Again, only if it's possible for you to do that and if you're willing. PM me the link.

Are these pictures the actual resolution or are they resized?

Photobucket

Message 3 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Jul 27, 2010

MrKrayzie420 wrote:

If it's possible, I'd like all the pictures of the architecture, geography and historical picutres. Just put them all in a folder and use winrar to compress them, and upload them overnight. Again, only if it's possible for you to do that and if you're willing. PM me the link.

Are these pictures the actual resolution or are they resized?

Right click>View Image on them, it takes you to the full resolution on the host.

Message 4 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1890 posts

Jul 27, 2010

Great photos!!! Do you have any more pictures of the M-ATV? Those things are just awesome looking. On a side note has anyone seen pictures of the "Invincible Spirit" exercise, some amazing pictures. You can view them here, just scroll down half way and look for all the ships.

Message 5 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1304 posts

Jul 28, 2010

There are a LOT of geography images. I can send a couple from each geographical area. Hopefully I'll have access to a local university connection in August, and I'll upload all the images.

Info: The camera is an Olympus SP-500 UZ 6 Megapixels (2816x2112). I resized them to 640x480 for this page. I also have 8 hours of 720p video footage but god knows how I'll ever upload that (it's 27GB of video).

EDIT: I have video footage of the M-ATV and maybe 3 more pictures with it. I was afraid of taking pictures/footage of ISAF troops since they are prone to shooting people at the slightest things (my friend was killed for taking pictures from 100 feet away inside of a car with the windows closed). I shot my pictures/video of military stuff through a hole in a tissue box and then later through a hole I made in my bookbag.

--Emiliano Zapata
Message 6 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4419 posts

Jul 28, 2010

arafey wrote:

There are a LOT of geography images. I can send a couple from each geographical area. Hopefully I'll have access to a local university connection in August, and I'll upload all the images.

Info: The camera is an Olympus SP-500 UZ 6 Megapixels (2816x2112). I resized them to 640x480 for this page. I also have 8 hours of 720p video footage but god knows how I'll ever upload that (it's 27GB of video).

EDIT: I have video footage of the M-ATV and maybe 3 more pictures with it. I was afraid of taking pictures/footage of ISAF troops since they are prone to shooting people at the slightest things (my friend was killed for taking pictures from 100 feet away inside of a car with the windows closed). I shot my pictures/video of military stuff through a hole in a tissue box and then later through a hole I made in my bookbag.

Wow that's insane. I would love to see your video footage, lemme you when/if you upload it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Alright, well, whenever you do get around to uploading it, just be sure to let me know. WRITE THIS DOWN SOMEWHERE.

Photobucket

Message 8 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1304 posts

Jul 28, 2010

I'll be able to upload some of the more interesting footage on youtube. Of course, I would love to share all of it, but that's not possible. Whenever I post more pictures or upload the videos, I'll link them here, so subscribe to this thread if you want to see them.

--Emiliano Zapata
Message 9 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes