May 22 2013
By: zrblnk First Son 4 posts

Active multiplayer

7 replies 102 views Edited May 22, 2013
I've become extremely burned out with the call of duty series but I do enjoy a good multiplayer game, looking for help finding a new game to pick up that has an active multiplayer base. I've picked up ghost recon and its somewhat active and I'm thinking of getting star hawk since I loved warhawk when it had come out. O also I play battlefield for pc so I won't be looking to play it on consoles...
Message 1 of 8 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10899 posts

Re: Active multiplayer

May 22, 2013

zrblnk wrote:
I've become extremely burned out with the call of duty series but I do enjoy a good multiplayer game, looking for help finding a new game to pick up that has an active multiplayer base. I've picked up ghost recon and its somewhat active and I'm thinking of getting star hawk since I loved warhawk when it had come out. O also I play battlefield for pc so I won't be looking to play it on consoles...

The Starhawk Ultimate Edition is on sale this week.  The full game plus ALL of the DLC (nearly $70 worth of gaming goodness) for $16.44 if you are a plus member.  It's still only $23.44 if you are not a PS+ member.  The stand-alone Multiplayer edition is available for $19.99, as well, but does not include the DLC.

The Starhawk community is still pretty active, and has a separate community forum located here.

Another title that may interest you is the Free-to-play Dust 514.  It's a first person shooter set in the EVE Online universe, and in fact, shares servers with the PC/Mac game.

Message 2 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Yeah try DUST 514. It's fun if you enjoy dying and respawing every minute or two endlessly, and if you're a noob player that's exactly what you'll do. Promise.

You may like it, I hated it beyond words.

Best bet is to mingle with people around PS Home. Lots of people play a very diverse selection of MP games and even some older ones.

You can probably find almost any MP game. But Dust? Oye.

Message 3 of 8 (83 Views)
MVP Support
10899 posts

May 22, 2013

brainfried999 wrote:

Yeah try DUST 514. It's fun if you enjoy dying and respawing every minute or two endlessly, and if you're a noob player that's exactly what you'll do. Promise.

Forgot to mention that if you want to try Dust 514, get yourself a quality keyboard and mouse (wired or wireless).  They are supported natively in that game and make life much more bearable...

Message 4 of 8 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

May 22, 2013

If you decide you want to play Dust sign-up using this link

https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

You get a free weapon and a 7-day XP/SP Booster.

Message 5 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 22, 2013

It wasn't so much the controls that doomed me while playing DUST 514 it was the fact that a lot of people spend money to upgrade their character and weapons and my shots just kinda went "plink!" "plink!" and bounced off the targets only to get met with a loud buzzing and intensely powerful type of laser weapon almost everyone but myself was using that killed me instantly.

If you try it and want to have the slightest chance against OVERWHELMING odds, it would be best to upgrade massively, because everyone you go against in combat will be upgraded to the hilt and highly experienced. I couldn't put any more on my Visa card so I was toast.

Message 6 of 8 (68 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 23, 2013

i tried dust and it was great albeit extremly complicated, il re-install it and give it another shot. how are the killzone communities doing now?

Message 7 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13759 posts

May 23, 2013

Have you tried playing Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One's online multiplayer? It's certainly great and it'll probably help you keep yourself busy and entertained and take a break from the Call of Duty series for a while. Not to mention you'd probably be helping out with other players. I recommend buying and playing the game if you're interested, zrblnk.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 8 of 8 (48 Views)
0 Likes