Jun 24 2013
By: BOK75 Splicer 87 posts

Acquisitions SOny should make FTW!!!

0 replies 57 views Edited Jun 24, 2013

Sony should snatch up  a couple of more studios particularly to make up for the possibility of TitanFall not getting ported to PS4.   I think Mech combat is going to be an impotant genre moving forward.  Gamescon in Cologne is coming up and apprently that's where Sony will show another batch of next gen in-development titles.  I suspect Witcher 3 and more fantasy games will be shown which are cool, but more shooters and more mech is what's drawing masses of people's interest atm.  It's a shame, from my perspective, that  Japanese development of this genre has fallen off so much, it's like many of those dev teams have been obsessed with this stuff for years, but they are so caught up emo extreme storylines and expansive backgrounds that are basically unexplorable flat mattes that  the raw game mechanics haven't been measuring up.

Anyway here's my list: /HOPEFULLY SOMEONE FROM A SONY STUDIO WILL SEE THIS AND PASS IT ON TO A BIG WIG/

Red 5 Studios - FireFall 2 (with Mechs and no toon shading!)

*Fractiv Studio - Unamed Western (in-development)

*Adhesive Games - Hawken2 PS4 exclusive

Garage Games - Fallen Empire: Legions/Lgions:smileysurprised:verdrive 2 PS4 Exclusive

I think these would be the ideal groups to put in one building together along with the resources of Sony to grow their teams and develop their titles without financial restrictions.

*These two teams were one team that developed the now infamous "Project Offset" that was acquired by Intel, never released and never sold back to the creators. 

Message 1 of 1 (57 Views)
0 Likes