Highlighted
Jun 01 2013
By: GERMANPOLARBEAR Monster Hunter 33 posts

A user sending me 'Harassing/Insulting etc.' messages & is making fraudulent reports

[ Edited ]
7 replies 179 views Edited Jun 1, 2013

This player of PS3's Battlefield 3 was simply told to stop cheating after he very strongly appeared to have been cheating.

The trouble is that he chose for whatever reason to respond with a nonsense and extremely offensive dialogue where

he repeatedly insults, harasses, threatens, and baits me.  He has even said that he was going to file a fraudulent report

against me, and later said that he did so, and then still later sent me a message claiming that he 'just got off the phone

with Sony about me harassing his whole team,' when it was only him and I think one other player that appeared very

very strongly  to be cheating.  So no!  I didn't harass anybody much less his whole team when I may have only told around 2

out of 12 of his team's player's who very strongly appeared to be cheating to simply stop cheating.

This can be proven by Sony simply checking the messages that I sent to anyone from his team!  Sony would immediately

see that if he did in fact get on the phone with Sony claiming that I was harassing his 'whole team' that he did in fact

file a fraudulent report against me!  And if he did not in fact do that then does his claiming that he filed such a report

not constitute harassment?

And if he or anyone else chooses to start to send me nonsense messages mixed in with clear harassment, ridicule,

baiting, and insulting messages and I then tell him/them that they were warned or that they could be/are reported, 

I would really like to know how standing up for myself is somehow now magically supposed to be wrong!

And for anyone who claims that I am so called 'Blacklisting' anyone by making these reports here, you should know

that i have been personally told over the phone by a Sony representative that I should make these reports here!!!

The reporting method espoused by someone who mistakenly told me in a reply to a post that I made a couple of

days ago that my making such a report here in these forums was 'Blacklisting' the extremely offensive behaving

individual  This user who has crossed the line to the extreme, you should know that this link        

support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218   does not work!!!  It only sends me into a constant loop of

opening up the same two or three internet pages having me basically running around in circles!

I was literally on the phone with the Sony representative who was walking me through the process of filing a report

with that link and it didn't work!  I tried 2 different internet browsers with no kind of 'pop-blocker' etc. turned on!

And he tried it too!  And guess what.  It didn't work for him either!  That is when he gave me this address for these forums

and specifically told me to file the reports this way as the other reporting method wasn't even working for him right then

and there in our conversation!  And remember; this guy is not only a Sony representative, but also tried to use that 

reporting method/internet address, and it didn't even work for him!  Again; that is when and why he told me to use these

forums to make such a report!  If I have to I can come up with the phone records to prove it!

I was told that these forums were used by Sony representatives who go on here and here from customers about certain

issues that need to be addressed etc.  I bear no ill will toward  this user   I am simply reporting him in the only method that

I have available whereby I can actually fully explain what is going on.  The 'Grief Report' option for said offensive 

messages sent to my by   this user  doesn't actually explain what he has been doing etc.

Please Help.

Edit: Removed blacklisted username.

Message 1 of 8 (179 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9161 posts

Re: A user sending me 'Harassing/Insulting etc.' messages & his making fraudulent reports

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

I suggest to edit the thread as blacklisting is not allowed is against the TOS 

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Re: A user sending me 'Harassing/Insulting etc.' messages & his making fraudulent reports

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Battlefield is full of tools. I got kicked the other day for killing the admin. I broke no rules, and I got kicked. The admin BS is a joke.

photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 3 of 8 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Your original thread was not "a few days ago", it was yesterday, and it itsn't even off of the first page yet.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Potential-Cheating-amp-Obvious-Harassme...

Edit: Hell, it hasn't even been 13 hours since your first thread. Spamming the forums won't help your cause.

The link I left you is the corect one. The screen you are redirected to should look like this:

218-2.jpg

I did not mistakenly tell you anything. Blacklisting is blacklisting. It doesn't matter how "extreme"; these are the forum rules.  If you want to complain about him publicly, find another forum. And why exactly are you not blocking this user? Maybe muting him?

The custmer service rep was obviously mistaken however. These forums are not used by Sony in any official capacity.

Edit: Instructions on how to report cheating:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/01/battlefield-3-anti-cheat-measures-intensify/

Message 4 of 8 (159 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Quit the game ~> see his message ~> triangle ~> report to Sony.

Message 5 of 8 (147 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

With all due respect it would help if you would stop harassing me!

Also, I have tried the aforementioned reporting method numerous times, and again; 'It does not work!'

I tried that reporting method with 2 different internet browsers with no kind of  'pop-up blocker' etc. on, and

again; 'It does not work!'  I did this both with the supervision of the Sony representative literally right then and 

there on the phone and on my own.  

If it were so easy to make such a report, then I certainly wouldn't be spending my time in these forums dealing

with thugs who just want to harass me and try to nit pick on when I posted something.

Again; just to remind anyone who wishes for whatever reason to keep harassing me; I was told by a Sony 

representative directly person to person over the phone that I should use these forums to make my report as

he literally tried to check if the aforementioned reporting link worked, and it 'did not work' even for him!

So grow up and stop harassing me!

Message 6 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Really? I'm harassing" you?

35ke38.jpg

Please, report my two posts. Make a thread about me. I would love that.

Message 7 of 8 (121 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

I am not blacklisting anybody!  

I am literally and only reporting what I see in the games themselves while playing and what people choose for whatever reason to 

say to me outside of the games.

I am not making anything up!  And yes!  I can prove that!

I am doing nothing more than exercising my right to free speech simply explaining what was done and said to me!

And yes!  I did just now try the reporting method that for whatever reason someone here keeps sending me as though

magically if they keep sending me this link that somehow it will suddenly work.  And it again did not work!

I am not sure if the aforementioned reporting method is actually working as when I click on the 'click here' button under

Report Inappropriate Content it just keeps sending me to the previous page in a never ending loop.  The only way I have

been able to get a similar screen to what I  have been shown is by clicking on the 'Click here to share your feedback' button.

I don't know if that is the right one.

Message 8 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes