Um, I have an idea of what the joke might be, but I'm not sure :/
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 11 of 21 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Re: A man walks into a bar...

May 11, 2013
@darknovaxp because it was the only thing understood when i 1st read it. Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 21 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36722 posts

May 11, 2013

Why would you need two horses?  You ride one horse, not two.  And why would you need to tell them apart?  And how did he get to the bar, if not on a horse?  And why is he asking a bartender for tips on horse grooming?  Isn't there a stable in town or a blacksmith or someone who deals with horses all day?

And can't you just put a different saddle on one of the horses?  How hard is that?

This joke would have been much funnier if:

a. There was a genuine need to tell the horses apart.  Let's say one is afraid of snakes and one is afraid of gunfire.  There are outlaws in town so you want to ride the one afraid of snakes.  There are snakes by your girlfriend's house so you want to ride the one afraid of gunfire.  Something like that.

b. He was talking to a horse expert, a vet, a blacksmith, etc.

c. It took him a week to get here, because he lives hours away and kept accidentally riding the wrong horse.

d. The final advise was to count their teeth, and the white horse was missing a molar.

Run all that through your mind and you will see it's a much funnier joke.  Try it.  You'll see.

Message 13 of 21 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 11, 2013
^Gadget wins the thread.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 14 of 21 (247 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

May 11, 2013

Man walks into a bar with a set of jumper cables.

He sets the cables on the bar and orders a drink.

The bartender says, "Okay but don't go starting anything in here."

*rimshot*

Message 15 of 21 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

May 11, 2013

Kanye West walks into a sign!

Message 16 of 21 (228 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37751 posts

May 11, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Why would you need two horses?  You ride one horse, not two.  And why would you need to tell them apart?  And how did he get to the bar, if not on a horse?  And why is he asking a bartender for tips on horse grooming?  Isn't there a stable in town or a blacksmith or someone who deals with horses all day?

And can't you just put a different saddle on one of the horses?  How hard is that?

a. There was a genuine need to tell the horses apart.  Let's say one is afraid of snakes and one is afraid of gunfire.  There are outlaws in town so you want to ride the one afraid of snakes.  There are snakes by your girlfriend's house so you want to ride the one afraid of gunfire.  Something like that.

c. It took him a week to get here, because he lives hours away and kept accidentally riding the wrong horse.

d. The final advise was to count their teeth, and the white horse was missing a molar.

Run all that through your mind and you will see it's a much funnier joke.  Try it.  You'll see.

There is carriages that have 2 horses pull them you know...

Message 17 of 21 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Why, you ask? Why would a man need two horses. Because he is a man and that is all there is to know. Perhaps these two stallions were purchased so he could ride with his wife across the beach at sunset, use them to dismember one of his serfs by means of two Powell mustangs, or maybe he wants to hunt stags with his son- on horseback- like a man. Why does a man need two horses? What an absurd query. 

Why tell them apart? Once a man asserts ownership of a horse it is his horse. You don't say, "Greetings, fellow man. It has occurred to me that our majestic steeds that appear similar have mingled and I cannot tell which belongs to me. You, sir, shall take the one on the left," and hand off what may have been your horse to another man. You challenge him to a duel at ten paces, say your condolences, shoot him, and make off with both your horse and the poor soul's that happened to come into contact with you and mistake your horse for his. Discern the differences at a later time of your convenience and sell the other horse for a profit.

How did he get to the bar? Perhaps he rode one horse, tied the other horse to his with his wife strapped to the saddlebags. How this man arrived to the bar is largely irrelevant. What matters is how he exits. As for the bartender. Perhaps he moonlights as a rancher of some sort or is the village authority on equestrianism. We don't know as it is not relevant and do not question how a man knows- except in the case of mad-men and children. Is a man not entitled to the intellect of his crown? I believe, nay, I know that to be true.

Saddling a sole horse would be cruel and unjust. There must be some sort of balancing solidarity. 

Points A through D would only serve to complicate the joke. Complicated jokes are sinful! Complicated jokes are cruel!

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 18 of 21 (204 Views)
VP of Gaming
37751 posts

May 11, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Why, you ask? Why would a man need two horses. Because he is a man and that is all there is to know. Perhaps these two stallions were purchased so he could ride with his wife across the beach at sunset, use them to dismember one of his serfs by means of two Powell mustangs, or maybe he wants to hunt stags with his son- on horseback- like a man. Why does a man need two horses? What an absurd query. 

Why tell them apart? Once a man asserts ownership of a horse it is his horse. You don't say, "Greetings, fellow man. It has occurred to me that our majestic steeds that appear similar have mingled and I cannot tell which belongs to me. You, sir, shall take the one on the left," and hand off what may have been your horse to another man. You challenge him to a duel at ten paces, say your condolences, shoot him, and make off with both your horse and the poor soul's that happened to come into contact with you and mistake your horse for his. Discern the differences at a later time of your convenience and sell the other horse for a profit.

How did he get to the bar? Perhaps he rode one horse, tied the other horse to his with his wife strapped to the saddlebags. How this man arrived to the bar is largely irrelevant. What matters is how he exits. As for the bartender. Perhaps he moonlights as a rancher of some sort or is the village authority on equestrianism. We don't know as it is not relevant and do not question how a man knows- except in the case of mad-men and children. Is a man not entitled to the intellect of his crown? I believe, nay, I know that to be true.

Saddling a sole horse would be cruel and unjust. There must be some sort of balancing solidarity. 

Points A through D would only serve to complicate the joke. Complicated jokes are sinful! Complicated jokes are cruel!

It is suprising but i actually agree with you on this one

Message 19 of 21 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 11, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

But... But... your whole post was a complicated joke... satire... Oh! that is part of the joke. Nevermind, carry on. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 21 (194 Views)
0 Likes