Highlighted
Dec 04 2006
By: Alexinator~ Splicer 89 posts

A Great place to host your website or files or both!

6 replies 19 views Edited Dec 4, 2006
http://0web.org

So anyways, came across this place called 0web ("Zero-web"). They offer 100% completley free and ad free hosting with support for PHP, MySQL, and anything else you can think of. Community based hosting with wonderful people and nice tight-knit stmosphere. I've had my site there for quite a while. They allow me to host my videos, music, pictures... anything, as long as it's legal. So like, PSP homebrew and all that stuff is allowed, but extreme white-house killing viruses are not.

What do you guys think? If you are going to try the hosting, how does it work for you? Do you like it, and will you continue to use it?

Thought you guys could use a place like this, since most of all of you are using places like sendspace and rapidshare for filesharing, which all suck. Here you can host a whole friggen website..

http://0web.org

-Alex
Message 1 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Re: A Great place to host your website or files or both!

Dec 4, 2006
no ads? free? if so great, I'll bookmark it for later....
Message 2 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Dec 4, 2006
Yeah, at fuirst I was like... okay, so what do I have to do? But really there is no catch. You be semi-active to full blown active in the forums and you get absolutly free hosting.

One thing I forgot to mention, you can get more badnwidth and more space as you post useful content. So if the community likes what you post, then you get rep points, and these points in turn can upgrade your hosting to a better package. The starter package is nice to start withm, and host a nice sized communioty or website with, but for more resource, the bigger packages are quite useful ^_^. Plenty of contests which offer prizes like ultimate package upgrades that allow your account to have unlimited everything. Which is nice.  The STARTING package:
0web Basic:

This is the most basic package. All that it requires of you are the 5 initial NON SPAM posts. Spam posts will not be counted.

URL: YOU.0web.org / Your own domain by request.
PHP Support: enabled
CGI Support: enabled
Aliases: 1
Subdomains:1
Emails: 1
FTPs: 1
SQL Databases 1
SQL Users: 1
HDD: 50.00 MB
Traffic: 2.50 GB

Extras:
  • Statistics!
  • WebMail and WebFTP!
  • Protected Areas!
  • Custom Error Pages!
  • Backups!
---------------
Seems like alot for just starting out.. The other packes are even larger! Package Thread

-Alex

Message 3 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 4, 2006
I read the first line, and no, it sucks, I haven't been active anywhere or even update my site, and I still have it, mines is 110mb.com... but they really give you 2gb.
Message 4 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Dec 4, 2006
So why isn't this thread locked?  What happened to the whole no advertising thing.  Ive had threads that dont even mention companies or sites be considered advertising.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 4, 2006

texan648 wrote:
So why isn't this thread locked?  What happened to the whole no advertising thing.  Ive had threads that dont even mention companies or sites be considered advertising.

Dang I don't wanna go into details.... He's not benefiting, end of discussion.
Message 6 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Dec 4, 2006

texan648 wrote:

cuz it was old and no replies, but now you bumped it.. gj

Message 7 of 7 (19 Views)
0 Likes