Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Offline
36699 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

That actually gave me cold chills. I could only imagine how the passengers felt when they knew it was going down.


That was a cargo plane so only workers and not as much peopel as a passenger plane


Message 11 of 38 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013
It's hard to watch knowing that people died in that.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 12 of 38 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

That actually gave me cold chills. I could only imagine how the passengers felt when they knew it was going down.


That was a cargo plane so only workers and not as much peopel as a passenger plane


I saw GreyGhost's post about 7 people dead. I assumed there were some passengers and not just all crew.

Regardless, I'm sure it was equally as terrifying.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 13 of 38 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18888 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

I just got done watching this video and rushed to post it. As I see now, I'm late for that.

 

Anyways, WOW, the whole thing looks like a toy, like a scale model, that is still he hits the ground. Crazy!

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 14 of 38 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18888 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

That actually gave me cold chills. I could only imagine how the passengers felt when they knew it was going down.


That was a cargo plane so only workers and not as much peopel as a passenger plane


I saw GreyGhost's post about 7 people dead. I assumed there were some passengers and not just all crew.

Regardless, I'm sure it was equally as terrifying.


 

Yes, it must have been beyond terrifying. Just barely done taking off to only lose control and ...  Smiley Sad

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 15 of 38 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Online
36259 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

Holy shmauw.

 

That thing went down fast.  There was no time to eject, call for help, or anything.  And you know it just took off so the fuel tanks were full.  There would be no surviving that.

 

Message 16 of 38 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/26/2007
Offline
7871 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Wow...uh...did it just stall or what?

 

It must have been kind of an optical illusion...it looked like it was comming down pretty slow and then it just disentegrates...it almost looked like nobody was flying it.


Perspective. 747's are huge planes, so it was a lot higher in the air then it looks on the ground, so the decent is also a lot faster then it appears.

 

I was really happy to find out that it was a cargo plane. I watched the video before reading anything about it, so I thought it was a passenger plane. Any lose of life is always horrible, but it's at least a mild comfort to know that it wasn't a full passenger plane, so far fewer were killed in the accident.

Message 17 of 38 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

Wow, that's scary! 

Message 18 of 38 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/20/2006
Offline
6897 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Holy shmauw.

 

That thing went down fast.  There was no time to eject, call for help, or anything.  And you know it just took off so the fuel tanks were full.  There would be no surviving that.

 


lol for real that's traumatizing. *retreats to mancave to play video games to distance myself from the horrors of the world*

Message 19 of 38 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: 747 crash

May 2, 2013
Man, I can't imagine the thoughts that went on in the mind of those pilots knowing that the airplane was unrecoverable in those last few seconds.

I'm simply at a loss of words for something like that.
Message 20 of 38 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes