16918 posts

Re: 600 million dollar lottery

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

A-JumpingJack wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

you would not even get 600 million dollars if you won that

what would you get?

If you go with the cash option, you will get 50% right off the top, then the government gets their 30%, so right around $250mil.

If you go with the annutized payments. Meaning you get paid on a timely basis, based on a time scale of 20-30 years. And then you will be taxxed based on your annual income. So it could be about $300k a year or so.

But THE VERY FIRST THING you should do when winning the lottery.... hire professionals.... accountant, financial lawyer, financial advisor.... and HIDE YOUR IDENTITY as best you can..... Dont tell anyone.... not even family.... just move out, and make as little contact as possible..... cause the moment people hear you won.... you'll be getting phone calls, knocks on the door etc etc from "long lost" relatives and people trying to get you to invest in their idea/company. People who want nothing more than a handout and to leech off of you for as long as the cow keeps making milk.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 41 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

May 20, 2013
Do they announce the winner on TV? If they did that here in Brazil that guy would get killed before he could even see the money. Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 41 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 20, 2013
I'd go to the closest Dollar Store Smiley Very Happy
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 13 of 41 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Do they announce the winner on TV? If they did that here in Brazil that guy would get killed before he could even see the money. Smiley Wink

No. 

But they do tell them your occupation and a little of your background if you're single, family, retired etc etc, and then the news journalists will start digging to find out who you are looking through public records and get your name, number and address that way.

If I would have won that much. I would disappear for a year..... change my home and cell number, live someplace else for a while. I'd check up on my house on occasion as well as send a friend I trust to do so, maybe even live in my house.

Winning that much money, if youre financially smart as well as taking into consideration the advice of the professionals you should hire.... you're entire family fortune can last GENERATIONS. Seriously. You can retire, and help a lot of people out simply by living off the interest

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 41 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

May 20, 2013
curse the one who won..... ill smite thee!!!

Message 15 of 41 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13545 posts

May 20, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

A-JumpingJack wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

you would not even get 600 million dollars if you won that

what would you get?

If you go with the cash option, you will get 50% right off the top, then the government gets their 30%, so right around $250mil.

If you go with the annutized payments. Meaning you get paid on a timely basis, based on a time scale of 20-30 years. And then you will be taxxed based on your annual income. So it could be about $300k a year or so.

But THE VERY FIRST THING you should do when winning the lottery.... hire professionals.... accountant, financial lawyer, financial advisor.... and HIDE YOUR IDENTITY as best you can..... Dont tell anyone.... not even family.... just move out, and make as little contact as possible..... cause the moment people hear you won.... you'll be getting phone calls, knocks on the door etc etc from "long lost" relatives and people trying to get you to invest in their idea/company. People who want nothing more than a handout and to leech off of you for as long as the cow keeps making milk.

I'd move to Scotland and play golf the rest of my life, going by the name Seamus lol.

Message 16 of 41 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

May 20, 2013

Even after taxes are taken out, there is still so much. Just thinking about myself winning is likeSmiley Indifferent

YB

Message 17 of 41 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13545 posts

May 20, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Even after taxes are taken out, there is still so much. Just thinking about myself winning is likeSmiley Indifferent

I think you meant:

Even after taxes are taken out, there is still so much. Just thinking about myself winning is likeSmiley LOL

Message 18 of 41 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

the Lottery is such a sham...I cant believe any of you are dumb enough to participate...well...maybe I can...

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 19 of 41 (55 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37258 posts

May 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

the Lottery is such a sham...

why? Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 41 (50 Views)
0 Likes