Umbrella Scientist
9340 posts

Re: 6 Superpowers It Would Suck To Have

Apr 16, 2013

One thing you did not mention about why "Invulnerability" would suck is: 

You would be immune to Alchohol. You could never get drunk (or high), ever again. I would not want to live in the world like that.Smiley Very Happy

pJo4hmo.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 11 of 34 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I'd like to time travel and not let my parents have a 2nd baby(me).
Message 12 of 34 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42128 posts

Apr 16, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

I would love to have any of these powers!!! Time Travel is the only one that seems to have a legit downside though. One little thing you do in the past messes up the future, like The Butterfly Effect. I want to use an example here! So let's journey back to 1963, what if you prevented Kennedy from dying? The presidency would be very different from it would be today.

If you want to 'observe' events, Time Traveling is fine.  However, if you want to take action or alter events, you're messing up.  Doing so with time traveling is pretty much a gamble not worth taking, no matter how much 'good' you think you're doing with said action (killing Hitler, preventing Kennedy/MLK/Lincoln/etc. from being assassinated, etc.).  Things would spiral out from that moment on in any given direction.  Things could end up amazingly worse or we'd be looking at WWIII/WWIV, what have you, we've got no rights, millions more people died after _____ was saved than in the original timeline (wiping out entire presents/futures of who knows who) and so on.

The better power to have if you want to take action is 'Reality Warping/Altering'.  "I want ______ but everything else stays the same."  Done.  Wipe people from existence without their loss ever being felt (no consequence of doing so, no spiral).  I wish Bieber was never famous:/existed the world is a better place and nothing of value was lost.  However, many young lives are made better by such an action.

*Note: I may be completely wrong.  Most likely...I am.

Message 13 of 34 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Apr 16, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I'd like to time travel and not let my parents have a 2nd baby(me).

How would you know you've succeeded? And why would you do such a thing, McFly?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 14 of 34 (169 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Apr 16, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

I would love to have any of these powers!!! Time Travel is the only one that seems to have a legit downside though. One little thing you do in the past messes up the future, like The Butterfly Effect. I want to use an example here! So let's journey back to 1963, what if you prevented Kennedy from dying? The presidency would be very different from it would be today.

If you want to 'observe' events, Time Traveling is fine.  However, if you want to take action or alter events, you're messing up.  Doing so with time traveling is pretty much a gamble not worth taking, no matter how much 'good' you think you're doing with said action (killing Hitler, preventing Kennedy/MLK/Lincoln/etc. from being assassinated, etc.).  Things would spiral out from that moment on in any given direction.  Things could end up amazingly worse or we'd be looking at WWIII/WWIV, what have you, we've got no rights, millions more people died after _____ was saved than in the original timeline (wiping out entire presents/futures of who knows who) and so on.

The better power to have if you want to take action is 'Reality Warping/Altering'.  "I want ______ but everything else stays the same."  Done.  Wipe people from existence without their loss ever being felt (no consequence of doing so, no spiral).  I wish Bieber was never famous:/existed the world is a better place and nothing of value was lost.  However, many young lives are made better by such an action.

*Note: I may be completely wrong.  Most likely...I am.

one would have to argue about "time" and such and this topic would explode. but then again this is all make-believe, so that doesnt really matter. and since thats the case, you can just make up your own rules to time travel, no one cares. Smiley Tongue

a better thing would just to have the ability to travel to different dimensions. youll eventually find one that matches what youre looking for.

Message 15 of 34 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 16, 2013
So who's the one who's gonna start the butterfly effect theory thread? If no takers, i'll gladly do it myself just for the hell of it.

Your right about the alcohol, because you would be immune to pretty much all types of pain, and feeling, which would also suck since you wouldnt be able to feel pleasure..oh boy, I don't want invincibility, I take it back!

I'll replace it with INVISIBILITY and sneak into the girls locker room(except for kaz, he would sneak into the library after dark). Maybe even shape shifting would be a cool power...I just got an idea for a thread, be right back!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 16 of 34 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Butterfly Effect is the worst movie ever IMO
Message 17 of 34 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
The Butterfly Effect theory, not the movie..I loved that movie, ashton did a really good job in it I thought.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 18 of 34 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Edit with Bronxsushi idea of alcohol immunity, thank dude, I copy and paste your entire post and even leave your name on it because it's your idea.

Message 19 of 34 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Apr 17, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
So who's the one who's gonna start the butterfly effect theory thread? If no takers, i'll gladly do it myself just for the hell of it.

Your right about the alcohol, because you would be immune to pretty much all types of pain, and feeling, which would also suck since you wouldnt be able to feel pleasure..oh boy, I don't want invincibility, I take it back!

I'll replace it with INVISIBILITY and sneak into the girls locker room(except for kaz, he would sneak into the library after dark). Maybe even shape shifting would be a cool power...I just got an idea for a thread, be right back!

Since I was incorrect about it in the first place, I might as well start the thread about it!! I'll step on a butterfly today just to be sure.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 20 of 34 (114 Views)