Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

If marijuana is ever accepted in the U.S., there should be some limitations to it. One would definitely be smoking and driving. I'm pretty sure it can affect your driving performance if you're high.

Message 81 of 217 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Nov 4, 2013

a24fan wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
"Marijuana doesn't kill".

No, but most people that smoke meth, shoot heroin, or smoke crack started out on marijuana. So while "marijuana won't kill you", it could lead you to use other drugs that will harm and possibly kill you.

Oh well, if they want to kill themselves with meth why not? It's their choice after all. 

To be fair, meth addicts are not the best kind of addicts. If marijuana is a big player in why people move to other drugs, then there is a problem.

They may be killing themselves, but this typically involves stealing money and underground deals.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 82 of 217 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

If marijuana is ever accepted in the U.S., there should be some limitations to it. One would definitely be smoking and driving. I'm pretty sure it can affect your driving performance if you're high.

They need to allow officers to give blood tests on the spot, then (and make different tools and censors). Alcohol is easy to test for with a breath test. Drug tests are a tad harder to conduct without arresting them.

Message 83 of 217 (59 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37727 posts

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Your arguments are for DECRIMINALIZATION. That is not legalization. Keep the subjects distinguished if you please.

I am not for sending drug users to long sentences. I want the producers in prison.

We are talking about users. Big differencee. 

umm it says LEGALIZATION in the topic

czech republic did decriminalize, but already drug abuse dropped down.

so what do you think would happen if they legalized?

Message 84 of 217 (54 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37727 posts

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

They need to allow officers to give blood tests on the spot, then (and make different tools and censors). Alcohol is easy to test for with a breath test. Drug tests are a tad harder to conduct without arresting them.

they cant just go stick a needle in someone because they think someone might have smoked weed thats horrible

Message 85 of 217 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

I'm going to be honest here, I've tried it before (but I didn't drive or anything like that) and it does affect your performance. I've had friends forget the simplest task. Imagine operating a vehicle where it actually requires some multitasking.

Message 86 of 217 (50 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37727 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

I'm going to be honest here, I've tried it before (but I didn't drive or anything like that) and it does affect your performance. I've had friends forget the simplest task. Imagine operating a vehicle where it actually requires some multitasking.

some people get paranoid etc

Message 87 of 217 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3228 posts

Nov 4, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

I am fine with the legalization of marijuana as long as is used as a medicine and not self pleasure.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 88 of 217 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Nov 4, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

they cant just go stick a needle in someone because they think someone might have smoked weed thats horrible

That is a major problem. With our current drug laws, people are less likely to drive after enjoying a smoke. With legalization, they can feel more secure about leaving the house with the smell on them (someone smelling like cigarettes does not mean they smoked an hour ago, for example).

DUIs would be A LOT harder to spot with cannabis. If someone has pot next to them, they can get taken and given a test to see if they were under the influence. If they smell of it, they can do it too. But those scents become "ok" in a legalized society. How do you test if someone is under the influence? Dialated pupils only go so far.

Message 89 of 217 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

A truck driver for my dadf's company crashed the truck for the very same reason. He was zones out and missed a few details while driving. Namely the red light. The guy admitted that was the reason and he was promptly fired and had some fun charges on him.

Message 90 of 217 (42 Views)
0 Likes