Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

Yes let's re-think legislation for people 18 and over, because you have a few screw ups for friends(who would probably be underage anyway)

 

 


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 217 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
12192 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

teeborg wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

some people over here are making some things they post as facts.

some of the stuff you post are not facts. go do research and get your stuff together and then lets discuss

 

marijuana doesnt make everyone who uses it an addict sorry


Well correlation does not imply causation, so yeah the magic 'gateway drug' theory is unscientific, illogical bunk. It's physically impossible to overdose, people tend to be more docile so the 'gateway drug' theory is one of the few strawman arguments people can cling to. Heck, decriminalization would lead to less people switching to harder drugs.

 

I find it ridiculous that in this day and age, when prescription medication has led to serious opiate addictions, especially among people age 16-25, that people are still debating cannabis.

 

We're less than 15 years from having Google cars chauffeur people around so DUIs will be a non-issue as well.

 

Absurd. I'm not even a marijuana smoker btw.


Correlation does not imply causation. That is true for observational studies. That is called an association and it can IMPLY certain things. But there are experiments that are done and studies that examine tolerance and addictiveness of drugs. The gateway drug argument is not a theory either. It is an observation of the drug culture and what people use drugs for. And correlation implying causation relates less to science and more to statistics. 

 

I hold that marijuana is a gateway drug until people give it up entirely (an example would the be thinning out of cigarette users in America). As long as marijuana plays a role in the entrance to the drug culture (hanging around druggies puts you closer to other drugs), it is a problem. People do not jump to LSD typically. They surround themselves with the users who talk about how great it is first.

 

I have another friend who broke the mold a bit and jumped straight to LSD (this occurred by surrounding himself with the druggies...including the friend I mentioned earlier). He instantly left that group. He called it the most terrifying moment in his life. It is like skydiving before being brave enough to jump off a diving board.  

 


Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 217 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
12192 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

teeborg wrote:

Yes let's re-think legislation for people 18 and over, because you have a few screw ups for friends(who would probably be underage anyway)

 

 


Why are they screw ups? (and, pro-tip, do not assume. They are 18+)


Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 217 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29258 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

teeborg wrote:

Yes let's re-think legislation for people 18 and over, because you have a few screw ups for friends(who would probably be underage anyway)

 

 


Why are they screw ups? (and, pro-tip, do not assume. They are 18+)


talk about someone assuming huh

 

overall weed is safer than alcohol and less not deadly.

if alcohol is legal i dont see why weed shouldnt be.

 

doesnt look like they are gona illegalize alcohol so might as well just legalize weed


Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 217 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29258 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

And taxes do not mean fuel for the economy. It means more money for the government to SPEND. Spending is a lot different than investing.


you know the government is in debt


Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 217 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
12192 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

And taxes do not mean fuel for the economy. It means more money for the government to SPEND. Spending is a lot different than investing.


you know the government is in debt


It is like giving money to someone who has to spend what they get. Our government is not in debt because it needs more money. It is in debt because it does not have its priorities straight.


Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 217 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29258 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

And taxes do not mean fuel for the economy. It means more money for the government to SPEND. Spending is a lot different than investing.


you know the government is in debt


It is like giving money to someone who has to spend what they get. Our government is not in debt because it needs more money. It is in debt because it does not have its priorities straight.


well it looks like more and more americans are finally getting their priorities straight

statistic went from 52% to 58%(+ or -4%) in only 6 months


Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 217 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
12192 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

teeborg wrote:

Yes let's re-think legislation for people 18 and over, because you have a few screw ups for friends(who would probably be underage anyway)

 

 


Why are they screw ups? (and, pro-tip, do not assume. They are 18+)


talk about someone assuming huh

 

overall weed is safer than alcohol and less not deadly.

if alcohol is legal i dont see why weed shouldnt be.

 

doesnt look like they are gona illegalize alcohol so might as well just legalize weed


I think that argument has problems. 

 

1.X (weed) is not as bad as Y (alcohol).

2.Y is allowed

3.Therefore, X should be legal.

 

The issue is giving MORE things for people to be addicted to. Our government is legally allowed to use drone attacks on citizens of Afghanistan. Drones are less controlled than chemical weapons. Therefore, chemical weapons should be legal. Chemical weapons can kill quickly as well. 

 

It uses the same formula as your weed one.

1.X (chemical weapons) are not as bad as Y (drone attacks)

2.Y is allowed

3.Therefore, X should be allowed.

 

 


Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 217 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

teeborg wrote:

Yes let's re-think legislation for people 18 and over, because you have a few screw ups for friends(who would probably be underage anyway)

 

 


Why are they screw ups? (and, pro-tip, do not assume. They are 18+)


Really because it seemed an awful lot like you were talking about high school, and decided to back pedal.

 

You want to know a gateway? Mandatory cannabis testing, which leads to hydrocodone abuse so it doesn't sound any alarms on urine tests, and leaves the body 2-4 days after use. That's a pretty big gateway. And a big checkmark in the legalization column.


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 217 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/03/2009
Online
5754 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

Marijuana is Dangerous.jpg

There are other things that are exponentially worse than marijuana. Legalizing it won't do much damage to society.

 photo 9f9dd9d6-dc8b-4192-83a5-ce7fd0f07b6b_zps6ecb0c09.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 217 (50 Views)