Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013
I'm sure the government would love if everyone drank alcohol because of the extra tax on it. It's just more money for them.

As for the food tax, you must be kidding. There's a tax on food AS THERE IS FOR ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS, BUT THERE IS ANOTHER TAX ON ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO.

The extra tax is because the government deems alcohol and tobacco products as harmful.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 51 of 217 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 12/13/2012
Online
9942 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013
All I'm saying is weed is a "Gateway drug". Which is true.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 52 of 217 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37751 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I'm sure the government would love if everyone drank alcohol because of the extra tax on it. It's just more money for them.

As for the food tax, you must be kidding. There's a tax on food AS THERE IS FOR ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS, BUT THERE IS ANOTHER TAX ON ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO.

The extra tax is because the government deems alcohol and tobacco products as harmful.

see thats a good thing though now the economy might go up

now just legalize weed and double tax that too and this country is saved from recession

good point


Message 53 of 217 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

I used to hold that the gateway argument was not true. I am now for it. 

 

Here is the problem with any sort of drug. Tolerance. After a long time using a drug to get high, your body learns to "expect" it in those levels all the time. Now you will not be feeling the same euphoria you were a year ago. This leads people to try stronger drugs (after spending time using a lot more pot for the same effect). 

 

My friends have been doing this. It began as a "I support pot's legalization, but I won't use it". *Pot becomes legal medicinally*

 

"I only do it at parties...". Then it becomes "Let's toke after school!" Then they slowly get introduced to new drugs. My friend went from pot to ecstasy last year for a different type of fun. He then hopped from ecstasy to LSD recently. Now he cycles through them to get the different feelings. And he smokes cigarettes throughout it all as well. 

 

This happened to my best friend 4 years ago. A bunch of my other friends have since begun testing out the more extreme drugs because pot was no longer the social drug among the friend group.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 54 of 217 (70 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I'm sure the government would love if everyone drank alcohol because of the extra tax on it. It's just more money for them.

As for the food tax, you must be kidding. There's a tax on food AS THERE IS FOR ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS, BUT THERE IS ANOTHER TAX ON ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO.

The extra tax is because the government deems alcohol and tobacco products as harmful.

see thats a good thing though now the economy might go up

now just legalize weed and double tax that too and this country is saved from recession

good point


Not true. The money from the tobacco taxes goes into stopping people from smoking. Nothing is added to the economy.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 55 of 217 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

I used to hold that the gateway argument was not true. I am now for it. 

 

Here is the problem with any sort of drug. Tolerance. After a long time using a drug to get high, your body learns to "expect" it in those levels all the time. Now you will not be feeling the same euphoria you were a year ago. This leads people to try stronger drugs (after spending time using a lot more pot for the same effect). 

 

My friends have been doing this. It began as a "I support pot's legalization, but I won't use it". *Pot becomes legal medicinally*

 

"I only do it at parties...". Then it becomes "Let's toke after school!" Then they slowly get introduced to new drugs. My friend went from pot to ecstasy last year for a different type of fun. He then hopped from ecstasy to LSD recently. Now he cycles through them to get the different feelings. And he smokes cigarettes throughout it all as well. 

 

This happened to my best friend 4 years ago. A bunch of my other friends have since begun testing out the more extreme drugs because pot was no longer the social drug among the friend group.


I think you need new friends.

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 56 of 217 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

And taxes do not mean fuel for the economy. It means more money for the government to SPEND. Spending is a lot different than investing.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 57 of 217 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

some people over here are making some things they post as facts.

some of the stuff you post are not facts. go do research and get your stuff together and then lets discuss

 

marijuana doesnt make everyone who uses it an addict sorry


Well correlation does not imply causation, so yeah the magic 'gateway drug' theory is unscientific, illogical bunk. It's physically impossible to overdose, people tend to be more docile so the 'gateway drug' theory is one of the few strawman arguments people can cling to. Heck, decriminalization would lead to less people switching to harder drugs.

 

I find it ridiculous that in this day and age, when prescription medication has led to serious opiate addictions, especially among people age 16-25, that people are still debating cannabis.

 

We're less than 15 years from having Google cars chauffeur people around so DUIs will be a non-issue as well.

 

Absurd. I'm not even a marijuana smoker btw.


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 58 of 217 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013
bob-maul, I have a friend who's the same way.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 59 of 217 (58 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 4, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I used to hold that the gateway argument was not true. I am now for it. 

 

Here is the problem with any sort of drug. Tolerance. After a long time using a drug to get high, your body learns to "expect" it in those levels all the time. Now you will not be feeling the same euphoria you were a year ago. This leads people to try stronger drugs (after spending time using a lot more pot for the same effect). 

 

My friends have been doing this. It began as a "I support pot's legalization, but I won't use it". *Pot becomes legal medicinally*

 

"I only do it at parties...". Then it becomes "Let's toke after school!" Then they slowly get introduced to new drugs. My friend went from pot to ecstasy last year for a different type of fun. He then hopped from ecstasy to LSD recently. Now he cycles through them to get the different feelings. And he smokes cigarettes throughout it all as well. 

 

This happened to my best friend 4 years ago. A bunch of my other friends have since begun testing out the more extreme drugs because pot was no longer the social drug among the friend group.


I think you need new friends.


I live in San Francisco. I have limitations to who I can befriend. Half of my friends do their own type of fun. My other half do not do much at all. I just find a blend between them all. I go to movies with the people that like to go out. I then go to friends' houses when the other half is partying or smoking.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 60 of 217 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes