VP of Gaming
36977 posts

Re: 58% support marijuana legalization!

Nov 7, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
You are a prime example of why pot should not be legal. Good night.

really?

your little blu ray theory is flawed too you wana know why?

technology keeps moving forward. in a few years blu ray will be gona you wana know why cause it will be a better technology and they will find a better way to get rid of blu rays/dvds to save costs. so then what will the usa do? technology is moving fast cant make a living off of a ection of it

what about mariuana? it will never change

people have been using it for MANY DECADES.

just like alcohol people have used it use it and will continue to use it

a blu ray will be garbage in 10 years watch

keep insulting me go ahead

LOL I'm pretty sure I said that blu ray 2.0 will be the new standard in about 5 years. Blu Ray 2.0 will be 500 gigs of storage and meant for 4K movies, games, whatever. Disc technology will always be leaps and bounds a head of hard drives.

I have 100 movies on blu ray. Imagine if I had all of them on Blu 2.0 which is 500 gigs. That is 50,000gigs of information or 50 Terabytes. Name me one hard drive that is that big? It doesn't exist. Also could you imagine a 500 gig download? 

You can't bring streaming into this because there simply is not enough bandwidth to go around. It's funny how many people think badwidth is just this amazing infinite thing. But it is not. TV only broadcasts in 720p and 1080i. 1080i is a 1080p signal chopped up and squeezed into a 720p signal which gives it conversion lines. There is NO WAY we can stream 4K in the near future unless every single place in America is running on Google Fiber and since there is only, what 3 cities in America with it? I'd say we are far off.

The only other thing that can be considered is the new molacule structure solid state hard drives which can store 1,000TBs per square inch but those are a long ways off from existing and that only solves the storage space problem. Not the bandwidth situation.

So yes we will be printing discs for the forseeable future and we could set up factories here and give people jobs that way and we could also cut piracy down by at least 50% in doing so as most piracy is done legally in outsourced countries but if discs were printed here, we have laws against piracy and could crack down on it.

As youy always say to me and now I say to you, do some research next time. I have a college degree and work in the industry so that is my "research" for this. BUt you will most likely laugh off and dissmiss everything I just said or somehow ignore it.

good for you why dont you tkae your blu ray 2.0 and college degree somewhere else

Message 211 of 217 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Thank you for being predictable. And I already have. Thank you.
Message 212 of 217 (60 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36977 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Thank you for being predictable. And I already have. Thank you.

you were just way off topic here and i even told you too so whatever

Message 213 of 217 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Nov 7, 2013
In regards to the effectiveness of taxing pot, we will all need to wait and see. Both Colorado and Washington have just finished structuring their laws and they will go into effect in 2014.

From an article I read, Colorado is going with a 15% excise tax and a 10% sales tax, while Washington is using a 25% tax on each of the three phases (production, processor and distribution). In both cases, the lawmakers are aware that they need to keep the prices competitive with the street price, to keep the consumer from going back to the black market.

In Colorado, you can legally grow up to six plants in your home for your own personal use. In Washington, private cultivation is still illegal. It will be interesting to see how this effects the legal sale of pot. I would assume that, in Washington, some folks will continue to grow their own but the majority will prefer to purchase it. Colorado may be a different story but I still think that most will choose to buy it just for the sake of convenience. While growing pot isn't really all that difficult, it is time consuming and requires a certain level of skill to produce a quality product as well as a certain amount of planning to keep yourself continuously supplied.

In any event, I'm sure that officials at both the state and federal level will be watching these two states carefully over the next year and beyond.
Message 214 of 217 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Nov 7, 2013
All i got to say on this subject is if we legalized alcohol why not pot. I can understand the need for some of the harder drugs to be illegal. From what i have heard is pot actually help people calm down.

P.s. Where is the free brownies from this topic ?
Message 215 of 217 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Alcohol is legal because the corporations are in bed with the government. Not many other reasons other than that.
Message 216 of 217 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Alcohol is legal because the corporations are in bed with the government. Not many other reasons other than that.

Alcohol is legal because it failed when they did it almost a century ago.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 217 of 217 (42 Views)
0 Likes