Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
14647 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
How I wish you would make a religion thread so that I could respond to those delusions. I don't want you to dislike me and I don't dislike you. I disagree with you, for sure, but I definitely do not dislike you. However, I know that is how you feel since you have posted similar responses in other threads that remotely deal with religion.

Christians, in your example, celebrate a delusional event that happened and the meaning they derive from it. Huh, minus calling it a delusion, there is meaning.

4/20 is when stoners celebrate getting high by getting high. Getting high has no meaning

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 71 of 128 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2014
Offline
442 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:
And why don't they care? Because it is meaningless to them.

so are you contradicting yourself now


he must be jelus hes not you lol

lost pink binky
if found please return to afrobebe
Message 72 of 128 (81 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/16/2000
Offline
16264 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
And why don't they care? Because it is meaningless to them.

its a celebration of life and love and friendship and rice crispy squares. there, thats its meaning.


Message 73 of 128 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
38853 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
How I wish you would make a religion thread so that I could respond to those delusions. I don't want you to dislike me and I don't dislike you. I disagree with you, for sure, but I definitely do not dislike you. However, I know that is how you feel since you have posted similar responses in other threads that remotely deal with religion.

Christians, in your example, celebrate a delusional event that happened and the meaning they derive from it. Huh, minus calling it a delusion, there is meaning.

4/20 is when stoners celebrate getting high by getting high. Getting high has no meaning

ancient people used marijuana for spiritual reasons

where do you think the term peace pipe came from


Message 74 of 128 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2014
Offline
442 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

any one wanna smoke crack on 420 lol maybe just make a weed god and have bama recognize it as national holiday

lost pink binky
if found please return to afrobebe
Message 75 of 128 (69 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2014
Offline
442 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:
How I wish you would make a religion thread so that I could respond to those delusions. I don't want you to dislike me and I don't dislike you. I disagree with you, for sure, but I definitely do not dislike you. However, I know that is how you feel since you have posted similar responses in other threads that remotely deal with religion.

Christians, in your example, celebrate a delusional event that happened and the meaning they derive from it. Huh, minus calling it a delusion, there is meaning.

4/20 is when stoners celebrate getting high by getting high. Getting high has no meaning

ancient people used marijuana for spiritual reasons

where do you think the term peace pipe came from


a treaty lol not dope

lost pink binky
if found please return to afrobebe
Message 76 of 128 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
5169 posts
 

Re: 4/20

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
How I wish you would make a religion thread so that I could respond to those delusions. I don't want you to dislike me and I don't dislike you. I disagree with you, for sure, but I definitely do not dislike you. However, I know that is how you feel since you have posted similar responses in other threads that remotely deal with religion.

Christians, in your example, celebrate a delusional event that happened and the meaning they derive from it. Huh, minus calling it a delusion, there is meaning.

4/20 is when stoners celebrate getting high by getting high. Getting high has no meaning

The point I was trying to get you to understand is that some things have meaning for you that don't have meaning for others and vice versa. I think that we shouldn't be so quick to be judgemental and condecending. I wasn't using that as an opprotunity to take a jab at your beliefs. I tried to subject you to your own way of thinking, and you didn't like it (and I don't blame you.) The last sentence of your post shows that you still don't understanding how having "meaning" is subjective.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 77 of 128 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
14647 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
But Harley, where does that meaning come from? The weed culture is not about peace and love. A portion, sure. But what of the people who just like the euphoria? Those buying it recreationally are not forming peace rallies. They are going to their home and smoking it with friends. Just like how St. Paddy's day for non-Irish is meaningless and an excuse to drink, 4/20 is an excuse to get high. No meaning within it.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 78 of 128 (58 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
14647 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
I never try to come off as condescending.

I know what you are saying when it comes to subjective meaning. Some Christians get different meaning from Christ's birth and it's celebration. But they are celebrating that day and the birth of Jesus. There is nothing to celebrate on 4/20 to derive meaning from.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 79 of 128 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
5169 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
I never try to come off as condescending.

I know what you are saying when it comes to subjective meaning. Some Christians get different meaning from Christ's birth and it's celebration. But they are celebrating that day and the birth of Jesus. There is nothing to celebrate on 4/20 to derive meaning from.

...for you (or me).

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 80 of 128 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes