Jul 25 2013
By: cubchubo First Son 18 posts

3DS XL vs PS VITA Answer.

[ Edited ]
34 replies 883 views Edited Jul 28, 2013
Here are 5 pro's and con"s about the 3DS and PS vita.

3DS XL first lets start of with the pro's

1.It has 3D!
2.If you like games such as pokemon,mario,zelda,monster hunter,etc its perfect.
3.It cost less than a vita and has way more games.
4.Bigger screen.
5.Has a huge variety of games for  $39.99.

Lets do the con's now

1.3D can hurt your eyes if you play for to long(with 3D)
2.Dosent have games such as cod or final fantasy.
3.Dosent have as much memory as the Vita.
4.Sometimes when moving the screen with 3D on a black line will keep appearing across the screen.
5.Demo only can be played a set amount of times.

Vita Pro's now

1.Runs on higher frames.
2.Has better graphics on most games.
3.Has a bigger memory.
4.Can play a demo as much times as you want.
5.You can play psp games on it from the ps store.

Vita con's now

1. It cost $50 to $100 more.
2.Has nowhere close to as many games. then again it hasent been out as long.
3.Dosent sit properly in people with big hands hands.
4.Gets errors sometimes(maybe 3-5 times a month if you play it alot.)
5.Touchscreen is somewhat hard to use because you cant see it while playing a game.

PS. i dont have a 3DS XL some of the info was from the internet. And overall im might get a 3DS XL it just seems better also cant w8 for pokemon X and y!
Message 1 of 35 (883 Views)
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: 3DS XL vs PS VITA Answer.

Jul 25, 2013
I'm only getting a 3DS when Pokemon comes out.
I own a Vita that came with about 10 games.
I'm loving it! Although the buttons are very clicky...
Message 2 of 35 (851 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I prefer 3DS over Vita. Nintendo being Nintendo, hardly any of the games on 3DS are directed to a mature audience, which is annoying. 

Many of my friends who own a Vita say that Sony and other first party companies are hardly supporting it,  and there's a slew of smartphone-esque indie games coming out for it, which isn't what a lot of hardcore gamers look for in a console. I have to say though, I have played some gems on 3DS. Nintendo's first party games on it are amazing, such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Ocarina Of Time.

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 3 of 35 (845 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 25, 2013
3DS XL is not a pro. Its actually a con. Its very bad and makes many people sick feeling.
Message 4 of 35 (836 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4710 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Another pro for vita is it will be able to remote play PS4 games. 

Message 5 of 35 (831 Views)
MVP Support
13602 posts

Jul 25, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
3DS XL is not a pro. Its actually a con. Its very bad and makes many people sick feeling.

I found the XL to be better than the original, so maybe that's just you.

I don't get sick from 3D, I guess people just have weak eyes.

At the very least, the 3DS has something for everyone. I've been playing SMT IV and it's great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 35 (828 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4080 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I have had a PS VIta since Feb. 15, 2012, 1st Edition Bundle.

I got a 3DS XL for my birthday last week.

I have both devices. They are so very different.

If you like this or that you can pick which handheld you want. Maybe it's both.

The 3D on the 3DS XL is better than on the 3DS, I've read on the web.

My experience with the 3DS XL is I played with it the first day. I don't play games with that on. I would barely turn it on if I wanted to, it's not sickening at all when you find your preferential slide spot. Full on, sure. Click stop above Off is the lowest 3D, easy to keep it there or off, for me.

The 3DS XL is a nice piece of hardware. Just a tad smaller than the width of my PS VIta, the top screen is about the same width of my PS Vita screen. The 3Ds XL top screen height is bigger than my PS Vita's. 

I can't play Pixel Junk Monsters, or Tear Away, or Terraria on my 3DS XL. I will be able to play these on my PS Vita

I can't play Animal Crossing or Legend of Zelda anything on my PS Vita, but I can on my 3DS XL. Swap Note  <---- I can only hope that Doki Doki Universe on the PS3/PS4/PS Vita/Android will Fill the Sony side with fun messaging. 

Thus far, the PS Vita is more for the serious gamer. The ones with a little kid inside would be super happy to have both a PS VIta and a 3DS/3DS XL. 

The best is coming for the PS Vita. 

3DS hasn't had so many games out that I wanted to get, only recently a few titles dropped. Lots of titles are dropping for the PS Vita soon. My beloved Pixel Junk Monsters is coming on July 30th and THAT is one BIG reason to get a PS VIta. Yeah.

It's great having both devices. It's about personal preference though, you want which kinds of games and experiences. Both are less pocket-able,FWIW.

Message 7 of 35 (826 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12402 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I've always been a strong Sony supporter, but the 3DS won my heart for this handheld generation. OoT and Kingdom Hearts when the Vita only has Uncharted: Golden Abyss to entice me (with an average "meh" reception), Vita still has some impressing to do in terms of exclusive titles.

Message 8 of 35 (818 Views)
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Jul 25, 2013

In addition to the pros for the 3DS, it also allows for backwards compatibility on Nintendo DS games. If you've missed out on any of those then you have the ability to still play them whether you need a deciding factor between the two platforms.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that there is at least one Final Fantasy game on the 3DS. While not a traditional game in the role-playing sense, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy blends the RPG and rhythm genres into a single mix. The game is sort of enjoyable if you find Final Fantasy music pleasing, but the game isn't all that enthralling from a gameplay perspective.

Message 9 of 35 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4080 posts

Jul 25, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

In addition to the pros for the 3DS, it also allows for backwards compatibility on Nintendo DS games. If you've missed out on any of those then you have the ability to still play them whether you need a deciding factor between the two platforms.

Yes I forgot to mention that excellent PRO point. Another PRO for getting the 3DS XL is better viewing of the DS games compared to 3DS, though I only have a 3DS XL to compare that feature ... or not be able to, in other words.

Message 10 of 35 (805 Views)
0 Likes