Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/06/2006
Offline
7955 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


-Zaku- wrote:


Whit3boy wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


iruhl wrote:
theres a difference between 3 red lights or 4 red lights.  Many dont realize 3 just needs a reboot, 4 means its toast.


3 RL means it's toast Smiley Indifferent  I should know.



^^^ Dead 360.


i thought 3redlights meant some cords werent plugged in all the way or seomthing like that?


Nope.  Before I even called MS about the problem, I unplugged all the cables and let it sit there for awhile and plugged it back up: 3 Red Lights.  Took out the HDD and attempted to play a game: 3 Red Lights.  3 Red Lights is a Hardware Failure.


then what does 4 mean?
Message 11 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42065 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


Whit3boy wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


Whit3boy wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


iruhl wrote:
theres a difference between 3 red lights or 4 red lights.  Many dont realize 3 just needs a reboot, 4 means its toast.


3 RL means it's toast Smiley Indifferent  I should know.



^^^ Dead 360.


i thought 3redlights meant some cords werent plugged in all the way or seomthing like that?


Nope.  Before I even called MS about the problem, I unplugged all the cables and let it sit there for awhile and plugged it back up: 3 Red Lights.  Took out the HDD and attempted to play a game: 3 Red Lights.  3 Red Lights is a Hardware Failure.


then what does 4 mean?


From the Installation Manual for the 360:

Four lights on console flash red: Check your AV cable.

Message 12 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/06/2006
Offline
7955 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


-Zaku- wrote:


Whit3boy wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


Whit3boy wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


iruhl wrote:
theres a difference between 3 red lights or 4 red lights.  Many dont realize 3 just needs a reboot, 4 means its toast.


3 RL means it's toast Smiley Indifferent  I should know.



^^^ Dead 360.


i thought 3redlights meant some cords werent plugged in all the way or seomthing like that?


Nope.  Before I even called MS about the problem, I unplugged all the cables and let it sit there for awhile and plugged it back up: 3 Red Lights.  Took out the HDD and attempted to play a game: 3 Red Lights.  3 Red Lights is a Hardware Failure.


then what does 4 mean?


From the Installation Manual for the 360:

Four lights on console flash red: Check your AV cable.


oh ok
i get it now
Message 13 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007
Or you could put a towel over it for a few minutes.

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 14 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42065 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


Evil v2 wrote:
Or you could put a towel over it for a few minutes.

Tried that too.....

Message 15 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


-Zaku- wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:
Or you could put a towel over it for a few minutes.

Tried that too.....



lol

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 16 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42065 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


Evil v2 wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:
Or you could put a towel over it for a few minutes.

Tried that too.....



lol

I left it wrapped up for about an hour total.  First time, it was just the console, then I looked around and someone mentioned wrapping the power brick too so I wrapped it also the second time and left it like that for about 45min.

Message 17 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 07/24/2001
Offline
41471 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


-Zaku- wrote:


iruhl wrote:
theres a difference between 3 red lights or 4 red lights.  Many dont realize 3 just needs a reboot, 4 means its toast.


3 RL means it's toast Smiley Indifferent  I should know.



^^^ Dead 360.


sorry had it backwards
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 18 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


-Zaku- wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:
Or you could put a towel over it for a few minutes.

Tried that too.....



lol

I left it wrapped up for about an hour total.  First time, it was just the console, then I looked around and someone mentioned wrapping the power brick too so I wrapped it also the second time and left it like that for about 45min.


I heard you were only supposed to do it for like 10 minutes max....

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 19 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/06/2006
Offline
7955 posts
 

Re: 360 Red Lights Of Death

Jan 22, 2007


Evil v2 wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:


-Zaku- wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:
Or you could put a towel over it for a few minutes.

Tried that too.....



lol

I left it wrapped up for about an hour total.  First time, it was just the console, then I looked around and someone mentioned wrapping the power brick too so I wrapped it also the second time and left it like that for about 45min.


I heard you were only supposed to do it for like 10 minutes max....


lmao
Message 20 of 30 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes