Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: 2 Fifth Graders Plotted to Kill Classmates

Feb 18, 2013

This is a sad story. 

I don't even know what to say about it. Where are the parents?

Message 11 of 20 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I do not intend to make light of the situation, but I have an opinion.

In this situation, game violence and guns did not have anything to do with the events that transpired.  Luckily this situation was stopped in its tracks by astute people who recognized a problem before it had time to ferment.

This being said, I think females/girls are the most destructive force to adolescent boys in this Nation.  It is too often dismissed, the changes going on in the minds of children as they move into puberty.

Hormonal and mental changes take place, that leave certain people in such a delicate mindset, that no matter the supposed "influences" out there, they will act out as they see fit.  Unless someone is there to recognize what is going on in these children's minds, tragedy almost always results.

Young boys are susceptible to the mental anguish young girls are capable of inflicting.  While the girl may feel she is having fun with a boy, and playing his heartstrings, she is in reality playing a dangerous game.

In most instances, well adjusted boys learn to adapt and get over it.  In the worst case scenarios, mal adjusted boys react in undesirable ways.  Testosterone can be a dangerous thing.

An adolescent boy is both developing physically and mentally towards adulthood, but they are not always capable of controlling the feelings and abilities they are coming into.  Again, it is fortunate that this situation was seen before anything actually happened.

So in this age of "banning" all things we deem as "harmful" to children and their mindsets; lets just ban Testosterone and girls.  Problem solved?  Of course not, that would be stupid right?

Parental Guidance and proper attention to today's Youth is what should be on trial.  NOT Video Games and Guns.

Moble

Message 12 of 20 (127 Views)
Platinum
55074 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Sound like a couple of little psychopaths, good thing we found them early and can put them into an institution for the mentally unstable.....oh that is right we don't do that anymore, now we accept psycho's and let them roam free for fear of offending them!  Smiley Wink.

Message 13 of 20 (121 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 18, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Sound like a couple of little psychopaths, good thing we found them early and can put them into an institution for the mentally unstable.....oh that is right we don't do that anymore, now we accept psycho's and let them roam free for fear of offending them!  Smiley Wink.

Well PLYMCO, we wouldn't want to discriminate or infringe upon THEIR rights, now would we?Smiley Wink

Let's give them freedom, and then when they actually hurt someone, we will blame the "tools" and "influences" around them, instead of taking responsibility for not recognizing them as a risk to the public.  That seems like a nice PC way to do it.  The Brian Willliams can do an expose on how Cinnabon drove them to kill using a rolling pin.

Oh, that's right; why would you blame Cinnabon for using rolling pins.  It must have been because you can use one in GTA.  Yeah, that's the "real" reason.

This Country needs an enema!

Moble

Message 14 of 20 (117 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Blame video games.

...smh

YB

Message 15 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Fifth graders or not, these children need to be in a mental institution or something to cure them of their  "craziness". This is what your generation is going to be like today. What a bright future for them Smiley Sad

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 16 of 20 (91 Views)
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:
Killing animals might be even worse, it are living things too. But there is no reason to kill them. Not that any reason is good to kill a person. But at least there was a motive.

Absolutely not.  Having a motive does not make it OK to kill another person, or even lessen the offense.  There is no comparison between killing an animal and killing a person.  None whatsoever.

But I bet these kids thought it was OK to kill a person, so long as it made them "feel good".  Again, the result of teaching kids that there is no right or wrong.  From all appearance, they have as much remorse for trying to take a life as one might have for turning off a light switch - none.

Killing a human being should never be OK.  Even in times of war, the soldiers shouldn't enjoy taking a human life.  But this is a moral decision for an adult on a battlefield.  5th graders in a public school should not be making these decisions.  And 30 years ago, this sort of thing never happened.

We've had guns all along and this never happened.  But then we start tinkering with how we teach kids morality and suddenly there are school shootings all around the country.  Do the math, if they still teach that.

You missunderstood me here, it's worse to kill a human than to kill a person. But the deep aggression these kids clearly have was triggered by something. That's different with an animal. The aggression is not triggered by anything and it is "random violence".

Hielke6991 wrote:
And about the motive; Unless the person that gets killed was going to kill others there is no motive that makes killing right.

I already said that it's never OK to kill anyone.

Whew!  My bad.  I'm glad I misunderstood what you were saying then.

Message 17 of 20 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Feb 19, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

The issue is children with no moral compass. 

This.

Nowadays a lot of children are being raised and taught with no moral compass. What is right and what is wrong is no longer taught. We focus more on math, science, english, and reading but have taken out history, philosophy, and in some schools selective classes such as religion or team oriented courses. It's unfortunate that we try so hard to be politically correct that we forget that some people don't even know what correct is or should at least resemble.

Message 18 of 20 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2429 posts

Feb 19, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:
Killing animals might be even worse, it are living things too. But there is no reason to kill them. Not that any reason is good to kill a person. But at least there was a motive.

Absolutely not.  Having a motive does not make it OK to kill another person, or even lessen the offense.  There is no comparison between killing an animal and killing a person.  None whatsoever.

But I bet these kids thought it was OK to kill a person, so long as it made them "feel good".  Again, the result of teaching kids that there is no right or wrong.  From all appearance, they have as much remorse for trying to take a life as one might have for turning off a light switch - none.

Killing a human being should never be OK.  Even in times of war, the soldiers shouldn't enjoy taking a human life.  But this is a moral decision for an adult on a battlefield.  5th graders in a public school should not be making these decisions.  And 30 years ago, this sort of thing never happened.

We've had guns all along and this never happened.  But then we start tinkering with how we teach kids morality and suddenly there are school shootings all around the country.  Do the math, if they still teach that.

You missunderstood me here, it's worse to kill a human than to kill a person. But the deep aggression these kids clearly have was triggered by something. That's different with an animal. The aggression is not triggered by anything and it is "random violence".

Hielke6991 wrote:
And about the motive; Unless the person that gets killed was going to kill others there is no motive that makes killing right.

I already said that it's never OK to kill anyone.

Whew!  My bad.  I'm glad I misunderstood what you were saying then.

It's ok Smiley Happy I made a mistake in that I said "it's worse to kill a human than to kill a person" while those are obviously the same thing I meant " it's worse to kill a human than to kill an animal" I'll edit my post.

Message 19 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 19, 2013

You have had all that money can give you, but that wasn't
enough.

You became a thrill-seeker. Kill for the thrill.

This thrill-seeking became the one great thing in
your life, planning one thrill on another until,

the murder.

Kill for the love of killing. Kill for the thrill.

The thrill-seeker comes from all walks of life.

He comes from a home, a home where the parents are to busy to treat their children
with respect.

"Kill for the thrill".

Some people think newspapers exaggerate juvenile crime.   All that is defined mostly to the
large cities, juvenile delinquency is underlined.

Thus parents think something is going wrong with the "environment".

Adults create the world, children live it.

Juvenile delinquency is always rooted in adult delinquency.

And in this process, parents play the key role when children grow up among adults who refuse
to recognize anything that is fine and good, or worthy of respect.

Moble

Message 20 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes