Oct 09 2013
By: equippedkeys First Son 6 posts

1st world problems...

5 replies 121 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

I have little bug slowly eating away my mind, might sound silly but I cant stop myself from asking for help.

Christmas is comming up... And like the nice quiet good grade getting teenager I am I expect some **bleep** vidoe games under my christmas tree.

I dont ask for much all year up until this wonderful day and I really need to know what I should ask for...

Heres my problem... I want to get the PS4 this christmas, but if I get it im not getting anything else for christmas so its just that and maybe 2 games. OR I can trade my Xbox in for a PS3 that comes with a couple a games (KZ3, BF3, Infamous, and more) And get a Vita for christmas. 

this first world problem is eating me away! I cant live like this!! 

(/dont take this seriously)

but what should I do?

TL;DR

PS4 for christmas OR PS3 NOW and Ps Vita for christmas

Message 1 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: 1st world problems...

Oct 9, 2013

Oof. That is rough. 

I would say to go for the option that sounds better to you and which one involves more of your friends. 

Are your friends sticking with the current gen awhile longer? If so, maybe wait a year. I would upgrade instantly and buy a PS3 next year for a smaller price tag and I would buy the Vita next year as well. This is because I want the next gen titles/versions more. Watch Dogs, Killzone, Destiny, Knack, and AC4 are reasons for me. 

But it is really difficult to make a decision for someone I do not know very well.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 9, 2013
ha, talking about friends they're all getting the Xbone.
I cant miss out on playstation this time around. I really enjoyed the time I had my PSP as I actually played it more than my xbox since I didnt always have live. So that also plays in with the Ps Vita, and also I never got the chance to play the new exclusives for the PS3 since my old one YLOD on me in the second year Smiley Sad

Ps vita also seems to have some good looking exclusives.

The thing for PS4 is that I doubt the population will be greater than the currents until maybe july of next year. The exclusives on PS4 also look really good.

TL;DR

PS3+PSVITA exclusives vs. PS4 exclusives

As I didnt really get to enjoy having the PS3 for that long it makes me think if I should miss out on it for a new experience with the PS4
Message 3 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7867 posts

Oct 9, 2013
Inb4 decision is made...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 4 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Oct 9, 2013

You should find a cure for that bug that is eatting away your brain first.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 5 of 6 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I say trade in the Xbox for a Vita and a PS+ membership, and get the PS4 (plus two games) for Christmas.  Between the two systems, you'll be set for a while.

I looovvvve my PS3, but, given the proximity of Christmas to a lot of the new PS4 releases, I can't see a reason for you not to just plunge into next gen, especially since all your friends are Microsaps.  Smiley Happy

Best of luck, and welcome to the forums!

If you need some more info on the PS4 and how the Vita works with it, visit http://x.co/ps4info for the community's official PS4 thread.  It might help ease your mind.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 6 of 6 (88 Views)
0 Likes