Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11920 posts

Re: 100-yr. sentence for PlayStation Slaying

Jun 26, 2009
The curse of the Playstation continues. How many deaths is it now that have a relation to a Playstation brand product?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9075 posts

Jun 26, 2009

What type of person shoots un-armed intruders at college?

I think the article is a little misleading.

This is from one of the comments on the page:

arastaman,

you've got to be kidding on that "self-defense" mumbo jumbo. there was zero physical or verbal threat on the part of the victims. if you contend it was self defense then its OK to shoot everyone you meet on a sidewalk.

he escalated from a verbal situation up to willingly shooting people as they fled down a hallway as they tried to save themselves from an irrational thief.

He stole their playstation. then once confronted about it (they were trying to be nice and not report him for felony theft and burglary, he decided to murder one of them and attempt to murder the other 3 since he didn't want to be in trouble. then he fled the scene, dumped the gun, and shaved his head to alter his appearance. His actions speak louder than his joke of a defense.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2938 posts

Jun 27, 2009

LoZone wrote:
no wonder why us gamers get such a bad rep.  idiots like this.  i am sure that in the coming weeks he will try to say that playing GTA made him do it.
That happened for real, a 9 year old kid steal his Mum's car and drove for 2 miles ,Crashed and stopped by the cops and said he learned to do it from GTA vice city!!!! thats messed up
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1098 posts

Jun 27, 2009
Hey this is where I live wtff..
One Word : Sexy
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Jun 27, 2009

The guy deserved jail but 100 years!!!! **bleep**. Murders have did way worse and didn't get no 100 year jail sentance.

I bet you guys that the judge only did this because it was over a freaken PS2

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Jun 27, 2009

ludicer wrote:

LoZone wrote:
no wonder why us gamers get such a bad rep.  idiots like this.  i am sure that in the coming weeks he will try to say that playing GTA made him do it.
That happened for real, a 9 year old kid steal his Mum's car and drove for 2 miles ,Crashed and stopped by the cops and said he learned to do it from GTA vice city!!!! thats messed up

You know why? Cause some parents these days(im not saying all parents)just spoil their kids and buy them games they shouldn't even  be playing

smack!!! Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1318 posts

Jun 27, 2009
what is wrong with this world are we human anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Jun 27, 2009

A former Fresno State student was sentenced this morning to more than 100 years to life in prison for fatally shooting a 19-year-old man and wounding two others in a dispute over a Sony PlayStation 2.

Fresno County Superior Court Judge Gary Orozco sentenced Jonquel Brooks to 25 years to life in prison for the first-degree murder of Brant Daniels, who was gunned down inside Brooks' apartment just west of the California State University, Fresno campus in May 2007. Brooks received another 25 years in prison for using a gun to commit the murder.

The judge tacked on another 59 years and four months to Brooks’ prison sentence for the attempted murder of Daniels' friends -- Roderick Buycks Jr., Drew Pfeiff and Kodi Shiflett. Buycks was shot in the neck and Pfeiff in the shoulder.

Brooks, 21, contended he shot the victims in self-defense because they had barged into his campus apartment and threatened him. But a jury convicted in him in April after prosecutor Burton Francis said Brooks could have avoided the fatal confrontation by locking himself in his bedroom and calling police.

Brooks was a freshman studying criminal law at the time of the shooting. The stolen PlayStation was not in Brooks’ apartment, defense lawyer Jane Boulger said.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4719 posts

Jun 27, 2009

"The judge tacked on another 59 years and four months"

lol judges are funny  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (2 Views)