Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: 10 Gross Ingredients You Won't Believe Are In Everyday Food

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Meh..i'm not trying to insult you or your thread, but wikia and magazines tend to not fully tell the whole story or the truth at all for that matter.

Like I said, I have been on a farm and watched bread being made from scratch, and no hair or feathers were put in it, which is why I find this whole article hard to believe. Some may be true, but not in all foods..

I find it hard to believe, with our knowledge and technology today, that we have to resort to bugs for flavoring..****

Edit: removed inflammatory comment

U--J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 11 of 19 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Meh..i'm not trying to insult you or your thread, but wikia and magazines tend to not fully tell the whole story or the truth at all for that matter.

Like I said, I have been on a farm and watched bread being made from scratch, and no hair or feathers were put in it, which is why I find this whole article hard to believe. Some may be true, but not in all foods..

I find it hard to believe, with our knowledge and technology today, that we have to resort to bugs for flavoring..****

Edit: removed inflammatory comment

U--J

True. but let's not get too serious about these thread, as it's just for fun, you won't even imagine the magazine version look like, boring as **bleep**, plus I do a little photoshoping to make my thread better.

Message 12 of 19 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Ahh ok, agreed. Now I know they put weird stuff into the ingredients, and im sure lots of food has weird stuff like cow stomach(forgot what it was called, but its an actual food with just cow stomach dropped right into it, you can get it at your local mexican shop/resteraunt)so we do eat weird food when we think its harmless, that part is true.

But, I have always wondered what the natural flavors were, they would tell you and then say "and other natural flavors" so maybe the article is true, maybe its just over exaggerating to gross us out, but all I know is that bread, at least real bread, not factory bread, is made from grain or wheat, not hair or feathers. But the rest of the food? I have no idea, so you may be accurate on this, who knows, but I would think the food would taste a bit nastier with all the stuff you mentioned in it.

I do know of a chinese pastry, where the breading/shortening is made of pork. A chinese place my mom used to work at, used to give her free samples of it from china, since she worked there for over 17 years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 19 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Just found out that the bread that I mention are in fact, factory bread, with the packaging and stuff, not real baked bread.Thank Ozzy for hinting about factory bread
Message 14 of 19 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Apr 17, 2013

How is this any more disgusting than feasting on the dead carcas of another animal.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 15 of 19 (139 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Exactly Nova, exactly..

Message 16 of 19 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Looks like shes enjoying that ice cream

hot-chicks-eating-ice-cream-34.jpg

DREAM TEAM 1992
Centers: David Robinson and Patrick Ewing Power Forwards: Christian Laettner, Karl Malone, and Charles Barkley Small Forwards: Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, and Chris Mullin Shooting Guards: Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler Point Guards: John Stockton and Magic Johnson
Message 17 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 18, 2013

is that girl eating the ice cream an ingredient?

cause i dont find none in mine..........Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 19 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6979 posts

Apr 18, 2013

The real problem is that these are considered everyday foods

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 19 of 19 (112 Views)
0 Likes