Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 21 2010
By: Vortex3D Sackboy 487 posts

NG2S on PS3 bosses feel easy when compared to NG2 on X360

5 replies 398 views Edited Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone played NG2 on both PS3 and X360?

I gave up on NG2 on X360 almost 2 years ago. I just completed NG2S on PS3 and have to say most of the boss battles are a lot easier and shorter than NG2 on X360. So I decided to give NG2 on X360 another chance thinking I know the game better. For example, at the end of the chapter in the plane, there are so many bombers while fighting the boss. After jumping from the plane with the bike, the giant beast battle is like 3X as long. Even after defeated the giant beast, it exploded and kills Ryu even he's running as fast as he can away before the beast exploded. This reminds me why I gave up NG2 on X360 in the first place.

Anyone that played both versions, can you completed both?

Message 1 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Re: NG2S on PS3 bosses feel easy when compared to NG2 on X360

Dec 23, 2010

I have 100% completion in Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) and have 91% completion in Ninja Gaiden Σ2.  Honestly, apart from the Ultimate Ninja 1 and Ultimate Ninja 2 missions, Ninja Gaiden Σ2's difficulty is a joke compared to Ninja Gaiden II's.  There are way less enemies on screen at any given time, considerably less enemy waves per encounter, and on top of that, the enemies aren't as aggressive.  Oh, and speaking of enemy encounters, Team Ninja omitted quite a few for Ninja Gaiden Σ2.

Of course, that's not to say that I hate Ninja Gaiden Σ2 as it's still one of my favorite games.  I just wish that it was just as challenging and just as fast, furious, and fluid as its Xbox 360 counterpart.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/mmmig/NG2achievements3.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/mmmig/NG2achievements2.jpg

Message 2 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
487 posts

Dec 23, 2010

You are right about NG2S on PS3 don't have many enemies and less aggressive. Running through the cities, most locations are void of enemies and felt like each locations were designed to have enemies waiting to attack. Having playing NG2 on X360, I can tell why.

I enjoy NG2S on PS3 more because of less aggressive enemies but missed the lack of enemies. Only difference for NG2S at high difficulty is more aggressive enemies but not as many enemies at the same time.

The boss battles on NG2S are weird because the battles often felt like being cut off half way. Not that I'm complaining, just felt incomplete boss battles.

I hope NG3 on both consoles will have more balanced enemies.

Message 3 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 8, 2011

I've completed both they feel about the same to me. Easier than NGB though and mmmig II is not fluid in any sense of the word it is broken. In order to be fluid it needs to have a good framerate that doesn't drop to 10fps because you put to many enimes on screen than you needed too. On the subject of the bosses they were all really easy like two hits from Triangle/Y and they were missing a quarter health. It took like 10mins to do that to Doku or Murai in sigma 1 and way longer in NGB.

Message 4 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Jan 11, 2011

@SpiderguyZERO-G:

Your PSN profile says that you have 35% of the Trophies for Ninja Gaiden Σ2 unlocked so it goes without saying that you have yet to finish the game on anything higher than Path of the Warrior.  Unless I'm missing something, that is.  Anyway, just out of curiosity's sake, on what difficulty settings have you completed Ninja Gaiden II and Ninja Gaiden Σ2? 

Path of the Master Ninja in Ninja Gaiden II is far and away more difficult than Ninja Gaiden Σ2.  Apart from the massive damage the enemies deal in Ninja Gaiden Σ2 on PotMN, it's pretty much a joke.  Actually, even on the lower difficulty settings there's no comparison.  When I played Ninja Gaiden Σ2 on Path of the Mentor I laughed at how easy it was.  In all honesty, it was actually easier than Path of the Warrior on the Xbox 360 version.

About the fluidity, the only time I saw excessive slowdown was on the staircase fight in Chapter 10 (NGII).  Everything else was fine, even when there's a ton going on at once in the Survival Missions it still feels a tad smoother than NGS2.

Message 5 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 11, 2011

I beat sigma 2 on acolyte in a day. I borrowed it from a friend to see how it was and what was different. Gotta say I miss the tests of valor. I'm guessing you didn't have II on day one before the update it was horrible lag was everywhere honestly I wanted to sue Tecmo for releasing a halfassed piece of garbage. Almost beat II on warrior before M$ swung the ban hammer got to chapter 14 boss fight but kept getting screwed by the fiends on the way to dagradai and didn't have the health to finish him. eventually did kill him only to be raped by the arch fiend. but completed it on Master Ninja on a friends. It was ridiculous but still not as hard as NGB. I have since bought sigma 2 and diverted my attention to beating the team missions, I'm currently on mentor straight gold medals and nothing less as well as starting a new game on warrior. I have still yet to die or lose over half health in Sigma 2 aside from team missions. Basically the Xbox 360 version isn't a finished game and I expect better from itagaki. Fluidity wise again I know people who can't make it past the stair case or the colluseum fight with volf due to the blood and sheer enemies.

Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes