Mar 27 2012
By: Eric-ND Naughty Dog Developer 563 posts

Save your Cinema Files now!

35 replies 890 views Edited Mar 27, 2012

Hi,

The next patch (1.08) is coming very soon. We'll have a full list of all the changes that will happen as soon as it's been fully tested and signed off. One very important item we want to inform you about right now is your cinema files. As soon you update to the next patch all previous cinema files you had will not work and will crash the game. In other words any cinema files you recorded pre-patch 1.08 won't work once patch 1.08 is installed.

Therefore we recommend that you upload any cinema files you currently want to save to YouTube.

As for the exact timing on the patch we'll keep you updated here on the forums and via the Naughty Dog Blog as well as on our Facebook and Twitter. For now it'll be best to get in the habit of uploading your favorite cinema files to YouTube as often as you can.

Please let us know in this thread if you have any questions. Full details on the next patch are coming soon!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Re: Save your Cinema Files now!

Mar 28, 2012

Wow, sounds like 1.08 is a serious patch, if it makes old cinema files non-compatible.

Thanks for the heads up though, Eric.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Hi,

The next patch (1.08) is coming very soon. We'll have a full list of all the changes that will happen as soon as it's been fully tested and signed off. One very important item we want to inform you about right now is your cinema files. As soon you update to the next patch all previous cinema files you had will not work and will crash the game. In other words any cinema files you recorded pre-patch 1.08 won't work once patch 1.08 is installed.

Therefore we recommend that you upload any cinema files you currently want to save to YouTube.

As for the exact timing on the patch we'll keep you updated here on the forums and via the Naughty Dog Blog as well as on our Facebook and Twitter. For now it'll be best to get in the habit of uploading your favorite cinema files to YouTube as often as you can.

Please let us know in this thread if you have any questions. Full details on the next patch are coming soon!

How come the patch doesn't allow the older cinema files? I'm just asking because this type of thing interests me

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Sounds like this patch is a big one. I hope it includes better customization,one can hope right? . Thanks for the Heads up btw.

AsianGuy_Vince Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Eric, I posted this to the MP section to help get the word out, hope you don't mind.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Is this going to fix any bugs like having couple of my cinema files named Coop adventure?

these files are sort of playable but will eventury crash my ps3!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (889 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
287 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Will the patch fix cinema files from crashing? Many games which are saved in my cinema become corrupted and freeze my ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
563 posts

Mar 28, 2012

We'll have full patch notes soon. Just please upload any of your old cinema files to YouTube ASAP. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Mar 28, 2012

I'm excited to see what it will have!

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Mar 28, 2012

If we delete the update after downloading it, will the cinema files work?

Also, can you make an offline mode in LAN party, that isn't updated with this update, where we can view the old cinemas instead of converting them?

(sorry for the double post, couldn't edit)

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (889 Views)
0 Likes