Limit Breaker
17622 posts

The switch was a week ago?

Nov 27, 2011

DVM-501 wrote:

I'm well aware of the existence of that board. It was archived right after the transition from Lithium to Jive.

What I'm expecting to happen is that board remain archived and a whole new set be created from these boards moving over to the PS forums. If not then that board will simply be merged with one of these boards in the move.

The switch was a week ago?   Or did a Moderator move a conversation into a locked forum?  Well, that'll promote discussion.

How can the movement of an entire gaming community be 10 days away, and no one seems to know how//when/what will happen?

Ahh, wait... it's ND... :smileywink:

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 80 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

I'm not going to nominate anyone, I don't see anyone who...

Nov 27, 2011

I'm not going to nominate anyone, I don't see anyone who is capable of it really.

I'm more or less the only unbaised person here who will take anyones head off if it needs to be done. That said, that's not exactly a good quality either.

As posted, circle of friends comes into play heavily on this. I have associates, the only person I can call an actual friend would be Shrantellatessa.

Anyone else I would jump all over very quickly if I felt the need to. If anything I'm early candidate for the banhammer. If they don't like me being myself then. whatever, i'm not changing for anyone.

Message 81 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

To be honest, I don't think I'd make a very good MVP, and...

Nov 27, 2011

To be honest, I don't think I'd make a very good MVP, and I'm not the only one who thinks that as I have only seen one person mention my name.

It sounds like an MVP has to be nice to everyone. Now I know it sounds bad when I say I would find this hard, hear me out. If a poster annoys me, I am usually sure to let them know that. Not in a rude way that would get me banned, but honestly I often post very sarcasticly, or with memes. It''s just how I post. Being an MVP kinda sounds like it would restrict me, to be honest.

If I am made one, I'll do my best to play the role well, but hey I think we all know I'm not one of the favourites to be one. And boy am I fine with that. 

Message 82 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Relocation to Fan forum?

Nov 27, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

I just now saw this, haha. Super late to the party. That's what I get for not visiting anything but the Multiplayer board...

You're not the only one... I only beat you by a few hours to this thread and only did so because I saw mention of it in a MP thread and went looking for it.

I'm bummed also, and for all the same reasons, and I'm curious if everyone just plans to move to the Sony forum or is there some fan site that we can all just relocate too?

Edit:  And I would like to point out one thing...  This may or may not be any of ND doing.  They are owned by Sony, they have to do what Sony wants, and Sony hasn't made allot of money of late and consolidating forums all onto a handful or servers in the same location is far cheaper than letting each developer maintain their own.

Message 83 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Sony's Idea? Maybe....

Nov 28, 2011

INMATEofARKHAM wrote:
Edit:  And I would like to point out one thing...  This may or may not be any of ND doing.  They are owned by Sony, they have to do what Sony wants, and Sony hasn't made allot of money of late and consolidating forums all onto a handful or servers in the same location is far cheaper than letting each developer maintain their own.

Yea I think this is Sony's Plan not Naughty Dog. Oh well I'll miss this forum....See how it turns out.

Message 84 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402286?tstart...

Nov 29, 2011

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402286?tstart=0

**bleep**, I can imagine people gasping at somebody saying "these lagging mexicans!"

I feel bad for people who weren't part of the original ND forum, this one will never be as good. It is tragic.
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Well, this is extremely sad news.

Nov 29, 2011

Well, this is extremely sad news.

Now this may be a bit pessimistic, but here's a visual representation of how I imagine the forum move:

This first video represents the Official Naughty Dog forums. A nice, organized, welcoming, small community that is easy to get along with and fun to be a part of.

http://youtu.be/y-PWzNjT_pM?t=1m38s

Now, this second video represents the Official Playstation forums. Chaotic, unorganized, and all around just a bad experience. The original small, friendly community gets broken apart by all the chaos.

http://youtu.be/nny1Du93z9o?t=34s

If my fear comes true, and the community is just chaotic and too big to get to really know anyone, then I'll probably just leave for good and stop posting.

Of course I'll give it a shot, but I'm just going to say this now in case I don't like the new forums and forget to say this later,

good bye Naughty Dog community, you were like a family to me :smileysad:

Message 86 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Man... I don't know how to navigate in that site... where...

Dec 2, 2011

Man... I don't know how to navigate in that site... where is the specific Uncharted discussion? Will it get later or will it even get there?

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 87 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Oh man.. only a few days until the big migration. I am se...

Dec 3, 2011

Oh man.. only a few days until the big migration. I am seriously worried about what is going to happen to this community :smileysad: 

Lets enjoy what little time we have left.  *lurks sadly*

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 88 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Wow, not long for this forum now. :smileysad:  It seems l...

Dec 4, 2011

Wow, not long for this forum now. :smileysad:  It seems like yesterday that I was just a lurker.  Then I broke my silence the morning after I played my first Co-op match.  Most of the people on my friend's list are from this forum, and I've learned so much from the people here.

I really hope that the individuals who have said they won't be posting in the new digs much will change their minds, us forum noobs need you!  There'll be rough seas ahead, who will be our Captain?  aarrrgh, piratesadface....

Message 89 of 150 (67 Views)
0 Likes