Treasure Hunter
5196 posts

Re: My biggest concern with the move was the layout/ index pa...

Dec 21, 2011

LadyPatience wrote:

I also don't like the 'featured content' bit. I want to see the thread title, not the last post. If I see only the last post I have no idea what it links to.

Mostly this is better than expected, but some of it will take getting used to.

And why is my avatar different? I had Drake's Deception Drake, not Drake's Fortune Drake. Now I am retro-cool, I guess.

For the first bit:

Click on a section,

where you see tabs like "Overview" "All" "Discussions" etc click "all".

After doing so click on "Set as default tab" so that next time you click that section you won't get the latest post.

As far as avatars:

Click on your name at the top.

On your profile click "Personalise avatar" underneath "Actions"

You'll be presented with all of the free PSN avatars. Pick and choose, you can also assign a customised avatar, like what I've done.

For signatures, under your profile click "edit profile and privacy" and add your signature underneath there.

I recommend to everyone to add the ND forums under their spaces so that they don't end up navigating all over the place.

Hope I've helped.

Message 141 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Thanks; I just find it odd that they changed, really. I'll alter them in a bit, though I may keep this avatar for a while. Or try something entirely new. Thanks for the first tip; that is cool.

Another thing that bugs me (I know, I know) is that the sections don't tell you if there are new posts. I am so stuck in my ways.

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 142 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5196 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Following spaces kinda remedies it but it's not like the old forums.

When I followed the off-topic section for example I can see what the most recent activity there was in that section such as whether someone liked a post, created a post, topic etc.

BTW I might as well post up the FAQ as it does explain a bit of how the forum functions, for something that isn't in here you'll have to figure it out on your own.

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36188176#36188176

Also detailed instructions on changing your avatar to a custom one:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3421246

Message 143 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Hi guys

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with while you get used to this place!

Also feel free to contact any of the other mods, Sushi_Pirate, Trawnza, BluMakaira, MistaSpin, and nesdec.

Message 144 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Dec 21, 2011

CardinalRose wrote:

Hi guys

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with while you get used to this place!

Also feel free to contact any of the other mods, Sushi_Pirate, Trawnza, BluMakaira, MistaSpin, and nesdec.

Check out our EA SPORTS Events!

Thank you. Thank you for welcoming us. Please do not mind if we are a bit maudlin. I hope we won't be that way forever. I hope we (and I) manage to make ourselevs at home. You guys are doing everything to help that, I know.

Message 145 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Thank you for your help, tack.

However, I have to admit I am completely meh'd out by this place. I know our board looks similar to how it used to etc, but I still feel so detatched from the people I know.  I feel like we are back to screaming into the void, rather than having a conversation. I may feel different later when more people get here, but I am so, SO disappointed. I have tried. And I will try again. But I don't feel like this is my community. I barely feel like this is a community at all.

Message 146 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Dec 21, 2011

No problem We're eager to meet you guys and hopefully get some Uncharted games & events going! We hope we can help you get settled in and that you like your new "home" If there is ever anything we can do to help you guys or to make getting settled in easier for you just let us know.

As Cardinal said pm any mod any time you like one of us is on call 24/7. If in doubt PM us all!

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Message 147 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Dec 21, 2011

What up dog's (I been dying to say that)

Welcome to the forums.

I too miss the simple easy to navigate threaded format but alas a return to a traditional forums is not the cards Sony is dealing out.

Here is a link to a thread for feedback.  http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3390741?start=0&tstart=0

Message 148 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Re: Naughty Dog Forums Migration

May 11, 2012

Why did none of our NDF veterans get MVP? Tapantoala, Ryaniscool etc etc. What was the point of all that 'nominating'?

Message 149 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4384 posts

Re: Naughty Dog Forums Migration

May 12, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Why did none of our NDF veterans get MVP? Tapantoala, Ryaniscool etc etc. What was the point of all that 'nominating'?

Nah, they don't need to imo. It may be honorable and all, but It's just a status with only an ability to create a poll. A MVP needs to be "strictly polite" and relate to PS forums overall.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 150 of 150 (114 Views)
0 Likes