Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1545 posts

I'm really hoping that with this merge comes a little mor...

Nov 25, 2011
I'm really hoping that with this merge comes a little more organization. Currently the Uncharted forum can be found under Action/Adventure, the Forum title is Uncharted Series and it's a mash of all Uncharted related topics and questions. It would be great if there was a section of the PlayStation forums for Naughty Dog to have control over.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 60 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Lost in PlayStation Forums!

Nov 25, 2011

DarkShadow345 wrote:

Wow it seems there are more trolls there.

Well, maybe we can change that :smileywink:

I have a question though, will ND/Uncharted have their own dedicated section on the PlayStation forums? Because that thing is so huge it's hard to not get lost in there. Plus if we get lost, we'd spread and the community would no longer be the same since we'd be far from each other. I made one post there today and it did take me some time to find the right section.

Also, will ND/Uncharted section be broken down into sub-sections just like these forums (Naughty Dog, UDF, U2, U3, General Discussion...etc)?

EDIT. Oops, someone has already asked the same question!

Photobucket
Message 61 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

I'm posative that there will be a dedicated space for the...

Nov 25, 2011

Shrantellatessa wrote:
Well, maybe we can change that :smileywink:

I have a question though, will ND/Uncharted have their own dedicated section on the PlayStation forums? Because that thing is so huge it's hard to not get lost in there. Plus if we get lost, we'd spread and the community would no longer be the same since we'd be far from each other. I made one post there today and it did take me some time to find the right section.

Also, will ND/Uncharted section be broken down into sub-sections just like these forums (Naughty Dog, UDF, U2, U3, General Discussion...etc)?

EDIT. Oops, someone has already asked the same question!

I'm positive that there will be a dedicated space for the ND games, it just wouldn't make any sense to take down a full forum and throw two full series into the Action/Adventure board, especially when there are already boards for the Uncharted and J&D series that just need to be unarchived.

The sub-boards on the other hand I'm not so certain about, but I am confident that they will exist. The reason that I'm confident that there will be sub-boards is because of history. In the past other split forums were given a full set of sub-boards when they were merged with the PS forums, most of which even given their own layout. For example God of War, MAG, and SOCOM. Resistence was also given sub-boards but it's built in the same layout as the rest of the PS forums with a list of the sub-boards found on the right.

Personally I'm hoping that the UC series will receive it's own layout since I find that it tends to look and feel be better then the PS standard with the sub-boards listed on the right. I also expect J&D to have it's own board, but only one since that's all that's been needed for years, both here and before the split on the PS forums. I also expect that it'll be split from the UC boards as a general board rather then a ND sub-board.

Message 62 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
763 posts

Extremely disappointing to say the least.  The Playstatio...

Nov 25, 2011

Extremely disappointing to say the least.  The Playstation boards are full of garbage and trolls.

Message 63 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Sooo... are we going to lose our own General discussion/O...

Nov 25, 2011

Sooo... are we going to lose our own General discussion/Off-topic section? That would be a real shame. :smileyindifferent:

Message 64 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Wait, what about our off-topic forum exactly? Will they b...

Nov 25, 2011

MoreBloodWine wrote:

Raske709 wrote:

Will we still have our sub topics like Uncharted 3: General Discussion, Multiplayer, Fan Created Content, Technical or will it all be jumbled up into one "Uncharted" forum??

If its not divided in some way, I will probably give up posting...

Thats one thing I didn't think about but it will most likely be how it was before the original move where everythings in one big board.

Wait, what about our off-topic forum exactly? Will they be delete forever, or they will move all threads to the off-topic forum of PS community? They aren't related to ND though, after all. It's just that there are a lot of fun and personal information about us. 

EDIT: ^I'll been ninja...

As for MVP, I prefer ryaniscool47, tapantaola, narros, Shrantellatessa, TheMaddHater, and Eugenides. They are worthy for this great responsibility to manage the forum with kindness and intellengence. It's up to them if they want it because they do have family, work, and break time though. MVP may have to log on and be active twice per day, but the more MVP, the merrier. 

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 65 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Suprised not many people mentioned LadyPatience for an MV...

Nov 25, 2011

Suprised not many people mentioned LadyPatience for an MVP, she was the first name that came to mind after reading the definition.

I'll go vote for her now. 

Edit: After voting for her (as well as Alex, Ryan and Tap) I am now even more disappointed with the move. 

Before I didn't know much about the Playstation Forums really. That's not what I complained about. But now... What a jumbled mess, with the most boring colour scheme ever. Grey and white? Who's idea was THAT? It took me a few minutes just to find the messaging system, I didn't realise it was the tiny grey envelope at the top right. I mean, I know it's similar to this forum, but it isn't that bad.

Gonna suck when these forums shut down, it truly is. The only thing that will keep me back will be the community and friends I have made here. Well, what else would? The increased number of trolls, the untidyness?

If there is anyway to stop this change from happening, I beg ND to do it now. :smileysad:

Message 66 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

To everyone voting for me as an MVP, thank you, I truly a...

Nov 25, 2011

To everyone voting for me as an MVP, thank you, I truly appreciate you all thinking I would be worthy of such a responsibility.

I agree with those who say that LadyP should be one, and I do think that once she starts work again (and is therefore posting here daily again :smileytongue:) she is DEFINITELY MVP material.  LadyP and Shrantellatessa are definitely 2 people who I have seen performing MVP style duties in the past.  Welcoming new members, giving them helpful tips, etc.  

I have a few questions, perhaps that fellow from the Playstation forums might be able to field them:

1.  I just logged in over at Playstation, and saw my avatar, as well as my post count at "0".  This is not in itself surprising, however I am wondering if with any past merges, has post count carried over?  It may be strange for the mods to see a person with zero posts getting MVP votes.

2.  Can anyone direct me to the "MVP" voting section?  I am curious as to how it works.  What are the responsibilities of an MVP?  ARE there requirements as far as login frequency, post count, etc?

Edit: finally figured out how to post, this "archived" business is quite strange...it should be made a bit more easily apparent if a discussion is locked...

Oh boy, I really hope this new forum starts making sense to me...

Message 67 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

I went there, and I am confused. It looks like it has pot...

Nov 25, 2011

I went there, and I am confused. It looks like it has potential and assuming I can can figure out how it works, I may like it.

But the experience here was more better than over there. I'm going to miss these forums.

Message 68 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

From NDF to PSF

Nov 25, 2011

DVM-501 wrote:

I'm positive that there will be a dedicated space for the ND games, it just wouldn't make any sense to take down a full forum and throw two full series into the Action/Adventure board, especially when there are already boards for the Uncharted and J&D series that just need to be unarchived.

The sub-boards on the other hand I'm not so certain about, but I am confident that they will exist. The reason that I'm confident that there will be sub-boards is because of history. In the past other split forums were given a full set of sub-boards when they were merged with the PS forums, most of which even given their own layout. For example God of War, MAG, and SOCOM. Resistence was also given sub-boards but it's built in the same layout as the rest of the PS forums with a list of the sub-boards found on the right.

Personally I'm hoping that the UC series will receive it's own layout since I find that it tends to look and feel be better then the PS standard with the sub-boards listed on the right. I also expect J&D to have it's own board, but only one since that's all that's been needed for years, both here and before the split on the PS forums. I also expect that it'll be split from the UC boards as a general board rather then a ND sub-board.

WoW! The God Of War forums design kicks ass! Especially the top part, stylish!

I hope NaughtyDog/Uncharted get their own dedicated forums with their own General Discussion, Fan Created Content (Darijan Umag's efforts deserve their own section you know? lol). I also hope they get their own design too with ND colors and Uncharted textures and feel.

And thank you everyone for your votes, I really appreciate them :smileyhappy:

EDIT. hjidontknow, we all gonna miss these forums ):

Photobucket
Message 69 of 150 (44 Views)
0 Likes