Fender Bender
4545 posts

Helping Each Other For God's Sake!

Nov 23, 2011

Eric-ND wrote:

A PlayStation Community MVP is:

•             Someone who promotes a positive atmosphere

•             Someone to help with events and competitions

•             Someone willing to greet new members and help them get acquainted with the forums

I like that part!

Photobucket
Message 30 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Hello everyone. Most of you probably have no idea who I a...

Nov 23, 2011

Hello everyone. Most of you probably have no idea who I am since I haven't been active on the ND forums since they began, and I apologize for that. I am DVM-501, or just simply DVM, an MVP over at the PS forums, and have dealt with the transition process before when the PS forums were moved from Lithium to Jive (basically what will be happening here). I heard about the transition that the ND forums will shortly be undergoing, and as a fan of the ND games I wanted to pop by and offer any help that I can give to the membership on the ND forums as everyone transitions over to the PS forums.

If you have any questions regarding the PS forums feel free to ask, and after the transition if you're having any problems with the PS forums my PM box is open. I will do my best to answer any and all questions, and if I don't know the answer I can find someone would does.

Oliivi wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:
Yes, all threads will be migrated over.

How about post count? I really don't mind even if I lose my lousy +200 post and I know pretty well who have been active since the beginning... but still. And kudos...?

MVP... Longbow, no doubt.

Ouh, and look: 10 pages for nothing...

Post count should migrate over. At least it did with other communities.

As for Kudos, no. Jive has no Kudos system. It has a Like system that runs similar to Facebook, with no leader board.

scootgar wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:
Please send your nominations by Private Message to PS_Gopher

Trying to send nominations, get "No such user" for that name... DOH!

Is he over at PSN?  Who the hell wants to go there...?

PS_Gopher is an account used by the Mod team on the PS forums for making announcements and collecting information such as MVP nominations.

Message 31 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3624 posts

Last time I checked, the Playstation forum community is a littl...

Nov 23, 2011

Eric-ND wrote:

•             Easier access to a bigger, fully integrated community of fellow PlayStation enthusiasts

•             An opportunity for you to be an MVP – “Most Valued PlayStationers” are users that represent the ethos of the entire community, and are those community leaders that contribute to the forums by helping new members, creating a positive atmosphere, and making the forums a more interesting place to visit. In fact, some Naughty Dog forum users may already be MVPs in the PlayStation community.

Speaking of MVPs, we’d like to open up the floor for nominations of your peers to the program. Please note that the final decision will come from the PlayStation Community Management team, but this is your chance to throw a name in the hat that you feel deserves recognition! Please send your nominations by Private Message to PS_Gopher

•             Someone willing to greet new members and help them get acquainted with the forums

Last time I checked, the Playstation forum community is a little.... meh. I never really cared about the PS forums myself.

Oh god, I have a REALLY bad feeling about this one. Let's hope worthy people are chosen, and not just people that are popular.

To be honest I like how things are here, since it's a smaller community we've all grown to know each other, we know how each other posts and it's like a little circle of friends. Once the migration takes place it will take that away since there is so many people, to each his own though.

#SaintsofNewMarias#RepairCrew
Message 32 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

The Good, The Bad, And Other Things...

Nov 23, 2011

J_Thunder92 wrote:
Last time I checked, the Playstation forum community is a little.... meh. I never really cared about the PS forums myself. Oh god, I have a REALLY bad feeling about this one. Let's hope worthy people are chosen, and not just people that are popular.

To be honest I like how things are here, since it's a smaller community we've all grown to know each other, we know how each other posts and it's like a little circle of friends. Once the migration takes place it will take that away since there is so many people, to each his own though.

I agree that the MVP might turn into a popularity contest. But whatever...

Anyway, I also agree that being a small and independent community is an advantage, it made us special and gave us the chance to know each other more closely and make some friends. Becoming part of a much bigger community might make us get a bit lost in the bigger scene. But I'm confident that our small community will be able to remain solid, especially if we let solidarity, and not other things, link us to each other.

However, we shouldn't be that pessimistic since a bigger comuunity also means more opportunities to meet other people who might share the same passion we have for U3, making our voice more heard when it comes to enhancing the game...etc

Also, it seems we can upload our own avatars there :smileyindifferent:

Photobucket
Message 33 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1237 posts

For sure its going to be a popularity contest      As for...

Nov 23, 2011

J_Thunder92 wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

•             Easier access to a bigger, fully integrated community of fellow PlayStation enthusiasts

•             An opportunity for you to be an MVP – “Most Valued PlayStationers” are users that represent the ethos of the entire community, and are those community leaders that contribute to the forums by helping new members, creating a positive atmosphere, and making the forums a more interesting place to visit. In fact, some Naughty Dog forum users may already be MVPs in the PlayStation community.

Speaking of MVPs, we’d like to open up the floor for nominations of your peers to the program. Please note that the final decision will come from the PlayStation Community Management team, but this is your chance to throw a name in the hat that you feel deserves recognition! Please send your nominations by Private Message to PS_Gopher

Last time I checked, the Playstation forum community is a little.... meh. I never really cared about the PS forums myself.

Oh god, I have a REALLY bad feeling about this one. Let's hope worthy people are chosen, and not just people that are popular.

For sure its going to be a popularity contest 

As for this Forum I have to say its dead and merging will not make it anymore alive. I have only posted like 3 times on PS forums and they were just post about my PS3 when I had problems with it and I only ended up with like 1 reply from someone while I come on other forums and a whole bunch of people give me great tips.

I gotta head over there now and get used to posting I still am confused on how to sign in, post ect over there one of the main reasons why I rarely posted there.

Message 34 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2077 posts

I'll miss the ND forums but I'll get used to the new ones.

Nov 24, 2011

I'll miss the ND forums but I'll get used to the new ones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2077 posts

Actually i headed over to the PS Forums to check it out a...

Nov 24, 2011
Actually i headed over to the PS Forums to check it out and one of the first things I see is the topic.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3907558

Ya, this is going to be great:smileysad:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 36 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

My votes for MVPs:   ryaniscool47 Eugenides tapantaola Ps...

Nov 24, 2011

My votes for MVPs:

ryaniscool47

Eugenides

tapantaola

Psyken

Pdiss88

Shrantellatessa

I have no idea if they're all up for the responsibility, but I'd think they would fit the role nicely. I'd try my hand at it myself if they weren't up for it, I suppose :smileytongue:

Hoping for the best with this forum migration, hoping we'll all fun and have more great discussions! (trying to be positive :/)

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 37 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

I hopped on over to the PS forums and I can confidently s...

Nov 24, 2011

I hopped on over to the PS forums and I can confidently say I do not like this move.

The forums are a disorganized mess with barebones bonuses. No kudos, crummy layout, boring color scheme... the only thing that's a legit improvement is the PM system...

As for the MVP gimmick, I dunno if it's gonna be a real role-model-esque system or just a popularity-indicator slapped on a forumer with a meaty post count.

Whichever is the case, I nominated ryan, tap, samuel, and MaddHater... they're all extremely worthy. :smileyhappy:

TF3:HWS
Message 38 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

I've used the PS forums a tiny bit too, and I was disappo...

Nov 24, 2011

darthgeek8 wrote:

I hopped on over to the PS forums and I can confidently say I do not like this move.

The forums are a disorganized mess with barebones bonuses. No kudos, crummy layout, boring color scheme... the only thing that's a legit improvement is the PM system...

As for the MVP gimmick, I dunno if it's gonna be a real role-model-esque system or just a popularity-indicator slapped on a forumer with a meaty post count.

Whichever is the case, I nominated ryan, tap, samuel, and MaddHater... they're all extremely worthy. :smileyhappy:

I've used the PS forums a tiny bit too, and I was disappointed.  It's pretty difficult for myself to traverse through the forums over there, but that might get better with time...

Message 39 of 150 (65 Views)
0 Likes