Yes, all threads will be migrated over.

Nov 23, 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

This makes me sad... hopefully posting on the new forums...

Nov 23, 2011

This makes me sad... hopefully posting on the new forums won't feel toooooo different.  I'll give it a go.  

Eric, what about banned members from this forum?  I suppose this means they will now have a chance to post again?

Also, how about our post count?  Does that carry over or are we starting from scratch?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Yeah that's my feeling, won't be the same. As for MVP I'm...

Nov 23, 2011

JoninRock64 wrote:

I've been to the PlayStation community forums, they don't appeal to me. At all.

As for MVPs, the only people I see that is worth MVPing is JaKhris, MoreBloodWine, tapantaola, ryaniscool, and Psyken. maybe more.

Things will never be the same anymore from December 6th.

Yeah that's my feeling, won't be the same. As for MVP I'm not sure who to pick, so many choices.

Definitely would pick JaKhris and MoreBloodWine but they're already MVP through a different forum rank. Apart from that I truthfully don't know. I would probably pick those that promote positive discussions, hand out constructive criticism when needed and is generally nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Awwwwe maaaaan!

Nov 23, 2011

- Okay, gotta roll with the new stuff I guess.  That's too bad cause I like coming to this forum.  Somehow I know I'll miss some of the silly querks that this site has.  Tapantola's remark about the need for moderation being an impetus for the move sounds about right, at least as part of the reason.  This place has been a ghost town of moderation for 1/2 a year, and we had some REALLY interesting Wild West Forums back in March/April/May of 2011, where trolling was taken to a new HIGH ART form. In addition, a make over of the site has been LONG over due.  I have been calling for a revamp of this site and was doing so WELL before the Summer Beta for UC3.  I was SHOCKED that this website was not poslished up for all the new potential customers spinning out of the Summer Beta.  I guess this is the new revamp, but via Sony and the PSN forums, and definitly WAY later than I thought it would happen.  It makes some sense, I guess, as Sony owns NDI basically. 

- This move may break the unique quality of the UC Commnunity, spreadin' it thin.  The influx of new PSN trolls is imminet.  But oh well.  Corporate decision.  No turning back now.  Hope I'll be able to find all of the Old School NDI Forumers once this transition takes place. 

- Will there be a "redirect" that will take us to the right place once this site is down? 

- As to MPVs, I definitly agree with JoninRock64 - JaKhris, MoreBloodWine, tapantaola, ryaniscool, and Psyken have all contributed positive and constructive stuff since I've come to these forums, now well past a year and a half. 

RIP NDI forums, in short order here! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

How about post count? I really don't mind even if I lose...

Nov 23, 2011

Eric-ND wrote:

How about post count? I really don't mind even if I lose my lousy +200 post and I know pretty well who have been active since the beginning... but still. And kudos...?

MVP... Longbow, no doubt.

Ouh, and look: 10 pages for nothing...

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16247 posts

Trying to send nominations, get "No such user"...

Nov 23, 2011

Eric-ND wrote:smileytongue:lease send your nominations by Private Message to PS_Gopher

Trying to send nominations, get "No such user" for that name... DOH!

Is he over at PSN?  Who the hell wants to go there...?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Well, as long as the Playstation forums aren't still that...

Nov 23, 2011

Well, as long as the Playstation forums aren't still that disorganized cluttered mess... *quickly checks* Oh dear gawd no!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8VlpAtbo4

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Nov-16-and-st...

Nov 23, 2011

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Nov-16-and-still-no-Beta-Rewards-Email/m-p/676197#M28097

I don't think ND has read about this thread.  Its a thread dedicated to people who havnt received their beta rewards email yet.  It's about 15 pages long, and we have been in the dark for over 3 weeks now.  Please, if you can take a look, it would be very much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

:( :( :( When I first heard about the migration, I was ho...

Nov 23, 2011

:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

When I first heard about the migration, I was hoping for some sort of new website for the forums, new look, new features but ultimately the same community. But the PS forums... meh... they haven't really appealed to me at all.

What happens to my post count? Will my year and a half of contributing and posting here be forgotton completely, as if I only just joined? Do they even have kudos and a kudos leaderboard there? Would they be reset. I know a lot of people dislike kudos, but I don't.

Sad sad news, I feel these forums becoming even more noob and troll filled than they already are. 

As for MVPs, anyone on the first page of the all time kudos leaderboard, plus a few others who aren't quite there but ultimately should be. People might not think kudos mean much, but they clearly show who the community think make the best posts. Boosting isn't that big an issue, it would be easy to tell if someone had actually boosted themselves all the way to the front page, I mean come on!

Overall, bad decision. Can see the new forums being a mere strand of entertainment that these have been. I'm probably overreacting, but this is me voicing my opinion after 5 minutes of reading the thread. Maybe my mind will change later, but honestly I doubt it. If we keep post count and kudos it won't be too bad, if we lose them then I don't know if I'll even go there that much to be honest. All evidence of me being a long serving member to the uncharted community will be gone. Nooooo thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Bummer. I remember when they moved off of the PSN site an...

Nov 23, 2011
Bummer. I remember when they moved off of the PSN site and over to here, which was nice. Now we're moving back. Oh well. Either way we still will have to deal with the godawful PSN authentication for signing in, so I suppose it's a wash. RIP ND forum... we'll miss ya.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 150 (41 Views)
0 Likes